Alex Ovech-cooke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheelhouse46. Show Wheelhouse46's posts

Alex Ovech-cooke

Just wondering if anyone saw the latest Ovechknee play....

If Cooke wasnt suspended because his hit on Savvy was similiar to the suspension-less richards/booth incident .... Ov's hit on campbell was similiar to the Lapierre hit on Nichols, which got him a 4 gamer i believe.

When are people going to see this guy for the scum bag he is?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Re: Alex Ovech-cooke

You beat me to it. I was just about to post this.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=62762

A blatant shove with the puck long gone. I suppose he'll say he was finishing his check!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I don't think he should be suspended...I didnt think there should have been a PIM...Lapierre cross checked someone in the back...Ovie checked the guy side on.

Whats next, if Lucic ever his anyone is it gonna be a suspension...head shots are one thing...Lord Scotty Stevens would be suspended for life with his thunder hits...all head shots...

This thing has been blown up b/c it is one of our own...had Lucic done that to someone no one would be saying boo...look at it from both sides...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

Now the NHL will do make up calls the rest of the season to show "there gonna clean up the game." Campbell will probably suspend Ovechkin for a couple A) to show he has a grip but we know he doesn't. B) No one is going to over take the Caps now for best record in Eastern conference won't hurt why not ?

Once again reaction not preventing players injuries on the job. Just hope Cooke doesn't get suspended before Thursday and Shero the spinmaster dresses him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Did anyone see Fluto's 'Refs under scrutiny' piece? Fluto was talking to the players about a call during the Pens/ Devils game. The comment from Boychuk is quite interesting.  Now I don't know whether it was before the Ovechkin incident but what he describes strikes me as exactly what Ovie got tossed for.

[quote]
    “Of course, now everybody’s going to be watching,’’ Johnny Boychuk said. “But I don’t know why they’d give him five for that one. It might have hurt a little bit for the guy that got hit. But it’s not like he pushed him 6 feet from the boards to try and hurt him.’’
    [/quote]

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/03/14/referees_under_scrutiny/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Funny A.O hits the guy from the side with his hands and arms completely down, and gets a game misconduct. While Cooke completely head hunts (with a elbow regardless of what Campbell seen) and walks away scott free!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

His hands are down on the initial contact but if you look at the slow mo side view there's a definite pushing motion which is what sends Campbell into the boards.

This is a bad play and should be penalised and I totally agree that the non-suspension of Cooke is total b s.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Figured there would be Boudreau posters" he laid off and barely hit him cra**p"

It was a crosscheck to the shoulder blades from behind and extreme push as he extended arms are far as they would extend on follow thru, a definite shot. From goal line to boards is 10 to 12 feet and he launched Campb halway up the boards, def dirty cheap shot and he must get min 4 games after Lap's call which wasn't as bad and no priors.

ov is just as dirty as coke, as many incidents in half the games and just as feeble the amount of suspensions.

Wheeler had a couple of hits similar this year with no suspensions, but they were similar only in action, Wheel did not launch anyone halfway up the boards form 10 feet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

all i can say is march 18th the bruins better step up and make it right for savvy make a call up and have him do it so our real team dont get hurt by it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

He should be suspended for a few games but I would not put him in the same category as the other two you mentioned.  Not even close.

Matt

In Response to Alex Ovech-cooke:
    Just wondering if anyone saw the latest Ovechknee play.... If Cooke wasnt suspended because his hit on Savvy was similiar to the suspension-less richards/booth incident .... Ov's hit on campbell was similiar to the Lapierre hit on Nichols, which got him a 4 gamer i believe. When are people going to see this guy for the scum bag he is?
    Posted by Wheelhouse46

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

The main problem I have with this hit is Campbell did not have the puck, he had just made the play around the boards. There was no reason for Ovie to do that shove.

I got the Flyers feed for the game vs the Bruins last week and in between 2nd & 3rd period they had a portion called Loud Mouths or something and they invited Jack Edwards to participate. One of the Flyers commentators made a good point in regards to this hit. He said checking is designed to "knock your opponent off the puck"! In this case and Matt Cooke against Savard what was the point of these hits..."Intend to injure? Then there should be a suspension, IMO!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Cooke's hit was worse, but not illegal by the (dumb) NHL rules.
    Crosby's hit was illegal (but not worth 5 and a game) but not as overall bad or as cheap as Cooke's.

Welcome to today's National Hockey League.Yell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Ovechkin probably will get suspended. His problem is that he does everything at 110%. He needs to slow down on his hits and have more respect when others are in a vulnerable position. Campbell has a broken collar bone as a result of that hit, and that extra little push by Ovechkin wasn't needed.

Some people on the other hand say that Campbell's skate got stuck in a rut of the ice, as for being a reason why the result of that hit was worse than it should have been.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Ovy gets two games..NHL justice at it's finest...