Alexei Ponikarovsky

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Alexei Ponikarovsky

18g, 17A +3 on a crappy team (Toronto). Would you give TO their 2011 second round pick back for him? Or maybe Svobotka? He (Pony) is a UFA at the end of the season but also has 3 + 20 goal seasons behind him and is only making $2.5 this year.

Have at it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Alexei Ponikarovsky

i would give our second round pick for him.not theirs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Yeah, what the heck we would have nothing to lose. That trade would still work out to be Kessel for Pony, and 2 - 1st's. That would be a respectable trade off. We could always use the extra offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

The kid has size too.. 6-4, 220lbs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

This is my prediction for what the Bruins end up with as far as a forward.  The wet dream would be packaging something to get Kaberle as well.  As has been reported, Burke will take on salary as long he gets a high draft pick(s) to go with it...

We all know Chiarelli has it bad for Kaberle and he would help the B's tremendously. 

So, send Ryder over there with the Bruins 1st and give Burke back his 2nd (might have to add a prospect).  This would work under the cap as Ryder and Kaberle are nearly a wash and Poni can fit because of all the Bruin injuries and his relatively low price.

You gotta give to get.  Burke's 2nd pick back for just Poni sounds realistic too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

311 - you're missing Burke's point.  He's saying "I'll take on your garbage if you send me a pick to do it."  So it would be Ryder and a 2nd rounder for...nothing.  For the Leafs' 7th rounder in 2099.  In other words, he's saying he'll sell you cap space.  In Burke's world, what you're proposing amounts to Kaberle and Ponikarovsky for a 1st round pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kaberle and Ponikarovsky would be sweet and solve some problems but like it was mentioned Ryder and Wideman are to be hard to dump.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

Yah - it's a wet dream.  Burke was referring more to the monstrous bad contracts like Drury's in New York.  Ryder's isn't nearly as bad - that's why i have a little hope.  Kaberle is the wish.

Poni is the reality in my opinion.  A left-handed shot that can score who shouldn't be very expensive to trade for and doesn't present cap problems.