All the Great Bruins are born in Canada

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

All the Great Bruins are born in Canada

To name a few:  Espo, Cashman, Cheevers, Neely
                           Middleton, Pederson, O'Reilly and
                           Bourque and Orr!

Don't forget this is a Canadian Game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackNGoldBlood. Show BlackNGoldBlood's posts

Re: All the Great Bruins are born in Canada

To name a few:  Espo, Cashman, Cheevers, Neely                        Middleton, Pederson, O'Reilly and                        Bourque and Orr!  Don't forget this is a Canadian Game
    Posted by Canadianfan6

But you loathe the Bruins - so - the players you can't stand come from your country? O........K.....  I see your point???????  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

funny how they never move back when their hockey careers are over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

LOL....This WAS a Canadians game. I bet most of you Canadians forget what the stanley cup looks like. Its been everywhere from Florida to Texas to California to NJ to Denver to Detroit among other stops. NEVER in Canada!

Its over guys, you have 1 ok NHL team with the Canucks. Does Toronto even have an NHL team anymore? The Habs are going to be more like an AHL/minor league team for the next 5 years. Lets not forget those Oilers! Senators? LOL

The league used to be 95% canadians, now its Euros, Americans and Canadians.
    Just like the Canadiens won 24 cups, stop living in the past.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

LOL....This WAS a Canadians game. I bet most of you Canadians forget what the stanley cup looks like. Its been everywhere from Florida to Texas to California to NJ to Denver to Detroit among other stops. NEVER in Canada! Its over guys, you have 1 ok NHL team with the Canucks. Does Toronto even have an NHL team anymore? The Habs are going to be more like an AHL/minor league team for the next 5 years. Lets not forget those Oilers! Senators? LOL The league used to be 95% canadians, now its Euros, Americans and Canadians. Just like the Canadiens won 24 cups, stop living in the past.
    Posted by bluefox70

I noticed something interesting.  Check out the nationalities of the defense on the best team in the league:

24 Chris Chelios   6' 0"191Jan 25, 196247Chicago, IL, USA
    52 Jonathan Ericsson   6' 4"206Mar 2, 198425Karlskrona, SWE
    46 Jakub Kindl   6' 3"199Feb 10, 198722Sumperk, CZE
    55 Niklas Kronwall   6' 0"189Jan 12, 198128Stockholm, SWE
    22 Brett Lebda   5' 9"195Jan 15, 198227Buffalo Grove, IL, USA
    5 Nicklas Lidstrom "C"  6' 1"189Apr 28, 197039Vasteras, SWE
    3 Andreas Lilja   ** 6' 3"220Jul 13, 197533Helsingborg, SWE
    14 Derek Meech   5' 11"197Apr 21, 198425Winnipeg, MB, CAN
    28 Brian Rafalski   5' 10"191Sep 28, 197335Dearborn, MI, USA
    23 Brad Stuart   6' 2"213Nov 6, 197929Rocky Mountain House, AB, CAN

11 of Detroit's 17 forwards are from outside of The Great White North, eh?  Awe... sad, isn't it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Oh Yes I forgot the great Jean Ratelle and Brad Park!
    So what if they don't move back, America is a beautiful Country, I would stay
    in Boston.
    The point is it is Canadian players win the cup they just happen to play for American teams.
    I can't wait for 2010 in Vancouver.

For the record I love the Bruins

Crosby has one hand on the Cup

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

Bu bu but... donuts are better from Canada!! Are you listening, Bruins fans?? 

- Canadiandork   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Canada's forwards at the Olympics

Crosby, Iginla, Getzlaf, Thornton, Lecavilia Teows

Heatley, Nash, Savard, Spezza, Doan,

The only problem we have is picking the team we have too many stars

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

[i don't blame them America is a beautiful countryQUOTE]funny how they never move back when their hockey careers are over.
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

[Hey too bad war is not a sport it is something your good at!QUOTE]Bu bu but... donuts are better from Canada!! Are you listening, Bruins fans??  - Canadiandork   
    Posted by CountyCork1[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

Canada's forwards at the Olympics Crosby, Iginla, Getzlaf, Thornton, Lecavilia Teows Heatley, Nash, Savard, Spezza, Doan, The only problem we have is picking the team we have too many stars
    Posted by Canadianfan6

For the love of god, can someone put this post string out of its misery?  Who cares whether players are Canadian - or that they're coming more and more from other countries - which happens to be true, by the way.  

I mean - what's next?  People boasting about how the US dominates every other sport - leaving aside that puss-of-a-sport Soccer?  Do you see how dumb this sounds, Canadianfan??   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

[That ,s right the Usa dominates other sports just not hockey and soccer is the worlds most played sportQUOTE]For the love of god, can someone put this post string out of its misery?  Who cares whether players are Canadian - or that they're coming more and more from other countries - which happens to be true, by the way.   I mean - what's next?  People boasting about how the US dominates every other sport - leaving aside that puss-of-a-sport Soccer?  Do you see how dumb this sounds, Canadianfan??   
    Posted by da-rivercharles[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

what about Rosie Ruzicka ?  a bruin great no doubt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Yes , many great hockey players come from Canada.

But , the best hockey player ever, according to those who saw him play...was a Russian.

Valeri Kharlamov.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

The US is actually very good at soccer, probably better than most sports, we are just ignorant about the game. Expecially, seeing about every country plays soccer and they were ranked as high as #5 recently. If youa re an athlete and ever go to a game in another country, you would see why it is the greatest sport in the world. I argue that hockey is, but  its a tough argument in this country and most other countries..

We are bad andlosing ground quickly at baseball, see the last 2 wbc  and all the foreign stars(japan,dr,cuba..etc are all better at our sport). Other than the last olympics, we have been awful at basketball (we do think we are better though and usually blame failure on the lack of teamwork! LOL). American football, good lord, we are the only ones that play and watch this timeout/commercial riddled boring mess that makes couch potatoes feel like intellectual strategists. We are usually top 5 in hockey. The Swedes, Czechs, Russians and Canadians usually better.

The U.S. women are a different story. They excel at most sports.

Sorry, I am just bored tonight watching the pens beat down again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

YES - all the greatest Boston Bruins were born in Canada.

Whether it be Bruins in the Hockey Hall of Fame or Bruins honoured by the team with retired jerseys or both.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I don't care if the Bruins players are from mars......just win a Cup!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

YES - all the greatest Boston Bruins were born in Canada. Whether it be Bruins in the Hockey Hall of Fame or Bruins honoured by the team with retired jerseys or both.
    Posted by ThePhantomGourmet

He has the mind of a child. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ogie. Show Ogie's posts

Hockey fans in Canada are PARANOID....it's hysterical.

To be honest I think Canada STILL is the best hockey country as far as depth of talent.

However, the most talented players in today's game are European.  Just look at the rosters, leading scoreres, league award winners.....Euro's are captains of teams more and more too....

Awww.....poor Don Cherry...

I think it's great to be patriotic and support your countrymen but get a clue and be honest with yourself....

BTW....note to Canada.....stop bitching and whining about adding a team in either Hamilton or Winnipeg.....those places are NOT major league cities in today's economy

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

Ogie is right.

Canada is no place for the NHL.

Places like Phoenix, Atlanta and Florida are the REAL hockey hot spots.  And they've got the empty seats and financial losses to prove it.

Stick to baseball Ogie.  Get yourself a hot dog and a warm beer and soak it all in.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ogie. Show Ogie's posts

I didn't say Canada is no place for the NHL....but there are only so many markets that can support NHL hockey there...but hockey FAILED in Winnipeg and the Copps Coliseeum is a DUMP.

Or I guess the NHL should have teams in Saskatoon, Yellow Knife, Sudbury, and Red Deer....

The fact is Canada does not even have a major league sport of any kind inside the country unless you consider the CFL a major league....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Hockey fans in Canada are PARANOID....it's hysterical. To be honest I think Canada STILL is the best hockey country as far as depth of talent. However, the most talented players in today's game are European.  Just look at the rosters, leading scoreres, league award winners.....Euro's are captains of teams more and more too.... Awww.....poor Don Cherry... I think it's great to be patriotic and support your countrymen but get a clue and be honest with yourself.... BTW....note to Canada.....stop bitching and whining about adding a team in either Hamilton or Winnipeg.....those places are NOT major league cities in today's economy
    Posted by Ogie
    Your wrong Ogie, Hamilton would sell out like toronto. They proved that when they had there last offer in place. They pre-sold every seat in the house for the year, but the effect it would have on buffalo was the stopper. Do you even know where Hamilton is ? It's a stone throw from toronto, the most populated area in canada.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

Between Southern Ontario (Niagara to Toronto) and South Western Ontario (where Research and Motion is) could easily support an NHL team. It is the most densely populated area in Canada.  That includes people and large businesses and Fortune 500 head offices. And in winning and losing seasons, they would outdraw even the Bruins, who drew maybe 13000 during the losing years at Banknorth?

But it does not surprise me that some Americans shoot down the idea without even having a clue about the demographics of Ontario. Most could not even find Toronto on a map. Copps Col can be easily retrofitted with more seats and will do just fine before a newer rink was built.

Maybe the won't get a team because of NHL politics, but they could very easily support one.  There is not debating that fact.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

aside that puss-of-a-sport Soccer?  Do you see how dumb this sounds, Canadianfan??   
    Posted by da-rivercharles

Wow , Bruin fans turning on each other (except for a few).
    HEY !  BTW I like soccer.  Why.. what's better Nascar, Golf , basketball ???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I didn't say Canada is no place for the NHL....but there are only so many markets that can support NHL hockey there...but hockey FAILED in Winnipeg and the Copps Coliseeum is a DUMP. Or I guess the NHL should have teams in Saskatoon, Yellow Knife, Sudbury, and Red Deer.... The fact is Canada does not even have a major league sport of any kind inside the country unless you consider the CFL a major league....
    Posted by Ogie

Hockey failed in Canada in the days before the salary cap, as well as a time period when the exchange rate was extremely tilted in favour of the US teams (.60 US = 1 CAN, unlike now, when it's much closer).

Saying "Hockey failed in Winnipeg once" statement is silly. So what? At a little over 15K capacity it's not at the present time, but if the MTS Centre were an NHL-sized arena, a new Winnipeg franchise could be much more viable now than they were when they left.

Saying a team in Hamilton couldn't work because "Hamilton is in Canada and Canadian teams failed in the past" is way off. If an NHL-playable rink were there, a franchise in Hamilton would work in today's NHL.

Sections
Shortcuts