ALL THE HALL AND SEGUIN TALK ON HERE BLAH BLAH BLAH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

ALL THE HALL AND SEGUIN TALK ON HERE BLAH BLAH BLAH

This reminds me of the celtics a few years ago everyone drooling over durant and oden before the ping pong balls were settled. Look I really hope we get either one of them but this franchises luck I will believe it when I see it. All this talk about the leafs finishing with the 2nd worst record fine but everyone realizes there is a lottery right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: ALL THE HALL AND SEGUIN TALK ON HERE BLAH BLAH BLAH

Hey, I'll take Gormley and Kabanov or Niederreiter.  We got Sauve schooling noobs in the minors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

If Toronto finishes 2nd to last, the B's end up with Fowler at the absolute worst, and that is a pretty good absolute worst.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Since that draft the Celtics won a NBA Championship....know what your talking about when you try to make a point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

ill take kessel back......the bs have lost 27 1-2 goal games with him we would have won the northeast div even with all these injuries...instead of hoping we win lottery and hoping these kids develop

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

yes the celtics won cause they have a gm that isnt afraid to make bold moves...if we lose the draft pick chia will just say something like "well we dont see any good fit in making a trade at this time" he is to conservative like theo epstein...we need brian burke here or someone like danny ainge

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

In Response to ALL THE HALL AND SEGUIN TALK ON HERE BLAH BLAH BLAH:
    This reminds me of the celtics a few years ago everyone drooling over durant and oden before the ping pong balls were settled. Look I really hope we get either one of them but this franchises luck I will believe it when I see it. All this talk about the leafs finishing with the 2nd worst record fine but everyone realizes there is a lottery right?
    Posted by MILANlucic17

it is what Bruin fans do best...wasn't kovalchuk suppose to be in a bruin jersey

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

chia is to blame....he said on nesn in oct...he will use the picks to add a scorer if needed...he lied to the fanbase 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: ALL THE HALL AND SEGUIN TALK ON HERE BLAH BLAH BLAH:
    chia is to blame....he said on nesn in oct...he will use the picks to add a scorer if needed...he lied to the fanbase 
    Posted by bruins8

Chiarelli said almost from Day One that he was NOT going to trade Toronto's #1 pick. IF Toronto had had a stellar year and looked to be finishing in the middle of the pack, of course you'd consider it. But a lottery pick? If he'd traded a LOTTERY PICK for a rental player, he'd be insane. 

Cam Neely said recently on the radio that the only offers the Bruins received for a deadline trade for a scorer were "ridiculous," that teams wanted WAY too much in return. I'd deduce that to mean they were looking for that Toronto pick, Tuukka Rask, and probably David Krejci and Joe Colborne. They wouldn't be asking for Michael Ryder or Blake Wheeler. 

Now, if you want to blame Chiarelli for "lying to the fanbase" for refusing to surrender the Bruins' (near) future for a temporary addition (which isn't going to win you a Stanley Cup this year - even Kovalchuk wouldn't do that), go right ahead. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Posted by MILANlucic17

Yes, there is a lottery, but the absolute worst that a lottery team can do is fall one spot. For example, if Toronto finishes second, and the Islanders win the lottery, Toronto moves down to third. Also, bear in mind that if Toronto finishes second, they have a chance to move up to first as well.

Root for Toronto to finish second, as that gives the Bruins the best odds. And remember that top draft choices (Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin) can transform a team overnight. Boston isn't a horrible team (despite what some of the Negative Nancys may think - I can only imagine if they were Oilers fans), and adding a   player like Hall or Seguin would make a HUGE impact.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

yes there was no good trades to be made...but that is where he needs to be creative...like in dec or jan when it was clear we needed help up front...even at deadline offer a package try try try  dont justt stand pat...we dont need 2 trade tor pick  we have plenty of roster players and picks we couldve packaged and chose to just watch bs struggle...ainge has the b#lls to do it.. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

yes there was no good trades to be made...but that is where he needs to be creative...like in dec or jan when it was clear we needed help up front...even at deadline offer a package try try try  dont justt stand pat...we dont need 2 trade tor pick  we have plenty of roster players and picks we couldve packaged and chose to just watch bs struggle...ainge has the b#lls to do it.. 
    Posted by bruins8

How do you know he didn't try? Were you there?

That's the problem with a lot of fan comments. Except for what we're told (and we're probably told very, very little), we have NO CLUE what's going on behind closed doors. All we can go on is what we're told, and from what Neely said ("ridiculous" being the key word here), I gather that clubs were asking for the Bruins' most valuable assets (i.e. Rask - can you imagine how valuable he'd be? If I were a GM, I'd want Rask. And if I were Chiarelli, I'd say NO EFFING WAY).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

If Toronto finishes 2nd to last, the B's end up with Fowler at the absolute worst, and that is a pretty good absolute worst.
    Posted by Skadude22

unless Fowler's another Bourque, which i doubt very much, the b's need that pick to be Hall or Seguin to replace the offense of Kessel....  anything less than that and Chiarelli's left with egg on his face....  as for also having the Leafs pick next year, who knows it might not even be another lottery pick and the b's could end choosing another Lashoff....  Toivonen....  Morrisonn....  Jonsson....  etc.... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to ALL THE HALL AND SEGUIN TALK ON HERE BLAH BLAH BLAH : Yes, there is a lottery, but the absolute worst that a lottery team can do is fall one spot. For example, if Toronto finishes second, and the Islanders win the lottery, Toronto moves down to third. Also, bear in mind that if Toronto finishes second, they have a chance to move up to first as well. Root for Toronto to finish second, as that gives the Bruins the best odds. And remember that top draft choices (Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin) can transform a team overnight. Boston isn't a horrible team (despite what some of the Negative Nancys may think - I can only imagine if they were Oilers fans), and adding a   player like Hall or Seguin would make a HUGE impact.
    Posted by duinne

inasmuch as i want the b's to get Hall or Seguin, in no way do i expect them to be as good as the three you mentioned....  i'll be thrilled if they're as good as John Tavares and Matt Duchene....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Posted by MILANlucic17

Even if we finished the lottery with the 3rd or 4th pick, remember we also likely have a pick in the 15-20 range and two 2nd round picks. Chia could use those to move up to 2nd in the draft instead of 3rd or 4th and get Seguin or Hall

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to ALL THE HALL AND SEGUIN TALK ON HERE BLAH BLAH BLAH : Even if we finished the lottery with the 3rd or 4th pick, remember we also likely have a pick in the 15-20 range and two 2nd round picks. Chia could use those to move up to 2nd in the draft instead of 3rd or 4th and get Seguin or Hall
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

Absolutely right.I have stated all year that the bruins have all the assets to acquire any pick they want.I fully expect Hall to be a Bruin next season(talk out of Edmonton is that they plan to pick Seguin as they need a centre more than a winger). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to
    inasmuch as i want the b's to get Hall or Seguin, in no way do i expect them to be as good as the three you mentioned....  i'll be thrilled if they're as good as John Tavares and Matt Duchene....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

I'll have to disagree with you there.  Hall is a game-breaker.  And his first game against Plymouth confirms that.  A Savard/Hall tandum would be a formidable NHL top line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan. Show chrisbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: ALL THE HALL AND SEGUIN TALK ON HERE BLAH BLAH BLAH : Chiarelli said almost from Day One that he was NOT going to trade Toronto's #1 pick. IF Toronto had had a stellar year and looked to be finishing in the middle of the pack, of course you'd consider it. But a lottery pick? If he'd traded a LOTTERY PICK for a rental player, he'd be insane.  Cam Neely said recently on the radio that the only offers the Bruins received for a deadline trade for a scorer were "ridiculous," that teams wanted WAY too much in return. I'd deduce that to mean they were looking for that Toronto pick, Tuukka Rask, and probably David Krejci and Joe Colborne. They wouldn't be asking for Michael Ryder or Blake Wheeler.  Now, if you want to blame Chiarelli for "lying to the fanbase" for refusing to surrender the Bruins' (near) future for a temporary addition (which isn't going to win you a Stanley Cup this year - even Kovalchuk wouldn't do that), go right ahead.     
    Posted by duinne

Haha I am pretty sure no team asked for the Toronto Pick, Tuukka Rask , David Krejci and Joe Colborne.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i want kovalchuk with savard not hall -seguin or anyone else not in nhl right now..if it cant be kovalchuk get another guy that will score 40 like oh say phil kessel....hall seguin are not scoring 40 nextt yr or yr after   savard is here now!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i agree  hall-seguin maybe great players but not for atleast 2 -3 yrs  next year they need a scorer

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Ok before I start on this let me just say this. Bruin8 give it a rest with Kessel, he's gone and he's never coming back. He didn't want to play here and we're going to be better off without him, so drop the subject or go onto a different message board because people are getting sick of your stupid "bring Kessel back" rants.

As for the talk, yes there's going to be talk. We are going to be guaranteed a top 4 pick at the worst, with an excellent chance for the #1 overall. There is a dropoff of talent after the top 3 but not much, we're still going to end up with an excellent player regardless of what happens. Don't bring up the lottery unless you understand it. It's not like the NBA, we can only fall one pick behind where Toronto falls in the standings (example is if Toronto finishes 29th in the league. That comes out to the 2nd overall pick if things hold constant, but we will have an 18% chance at the #1 overall and if we don't get the 1st or 2nd overall pick then we can fall no further than 3rd, it's protected as a part of the league rules).

Hall and Seguin will most likely not be on the level of Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin, but they're still going to be superstars. Think along the lines of Tavares or Duchene in their first season, if we're lucky then like Stamkos in their second season.

If we draft a forward with Toronto's pick then they'll have an excellent chance at getting into the lineup next year. We need all the offense we can get and as the league is developing into a younger league in terms of talent level then it'll be fitting along the right lines. Figure Hall and Seguin to make the roster out of camp, no questions about talent but an injury would be the only thing to keep them off the opening night roster. If we take a defenseman like Fowler, Gormley or Gudbranson then there will be a chance of them making the roster, but unless the pick impresses the brass enough then they'll be back to the CHL next season.

Chin up pessimists, we're in an excellent position for a while and part of the reason is this pick. Say what you want about Chiarelli but he's not going to ruin the teams long term future for a quick fix. Yes the Kessel trade was a risk but I've got a feeling the situation was similar to the Kovalchuk situation in Atlanta, that the player didn't want to play for the team and priced himself out of the city.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

kessel wanted to stay chia didnt want to pay and that was a mistake because he was our 40 goal guy..unless we had another you dont make that move chia....this must be addresses going into camp in 2010....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to I'll have to disagree with you there.  Hall is a ame-breaker.  And his first game against Plymouth confirms that.  A Savard/Hall tandum would be a formidable NHL top line. Posted by bim09

It's the mindset don't expect the Hall or Seguin to save the franchise ala Thornton or in Pitino's case (Tim Duncan dreams) with the Celtics.

Agreed Bim, Hall or Seguin are game breakers and will have an impact. Chiarelli did not inherit a Ray Shero team that was in the bottom 5 for 4 to 5 years straight. McQuaid, Manchuk, Sauve (signed as a free agent), Caron and Colborne along with this pick It's looking real good Bs folks! Shrewd moves by PC.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

i want kovalchuk with savard not hall -seguin or anyone else not in nhl right now..if it cant be kovalchuk get another guy that will score 40 like oh say phil kessel....hall seguin are not scoring 40 nextt yr or yr after   savard is here now!
    Posted by bruins8

bruins8 you don't give up with the kessel crap. he is gone . if you like him so much switch to the leafs. he isn't coming back.

Sections
Shortcuts