All Time Bruin Tough Guy Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

All Time Bruin Tough Guy Team

I guess we have to stay in the somewhat modern era (for me thats about last 40 years).
    My favorite squad would be something like;

Stan Jonathon-PJ Stock-Jay Miller
    Taz O'Reilly-Derek Sanderson-Cam Neely
    John Wensink-Orland Kurtenbach-Milan Lucic
    Linden Byers-Kenny "the Rat" Linsman-Chris Nilan
    Ken Baumgartner
    Zdeno Chara-Ted Green
    Don Awrey-Bobby Orr
    Mike Milbury-Mark Stuart
    "Lord Byron" Dafoe
    Timmy Thomas
    Who would you add/get rid of???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Re: All Time Bruin Tough Guy Team

John Grahame instead of Thomas

Wade Brookbank or Glen Featherstone instead of Mark Stuart

Nevin Markwart instead of Sanderson

Carol Vadnais instead of Orland Kurtenbach

Keith Crowder was no wuss either (3rd all time Bruins PIM)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

uh...maybe I would add Brian Curran and Bruce Shoebottom, even if they just brieftly wore a B shirt !!! And, for sure, Wayne Cashman is missing on your list.

But, anyway, as long as I'm concern, the best fighters of the Bruins (past and present) are :

1) Jay Miller
    2) Lindon Byers
    3) Stan Jonathan
    4) Wayne Cashman
    5) Terry O'reilly
    6) Milan Lucic
    7) PJ Stock
    8) Cam Neely
    9) John Wensink
    10) Brian Curran

The reason why I don't list Chris Nilan is that, when he joined the Bruins, he was way past his prime.

And, by the way, according to me, Miller lost only fights to Jonh Kordic.....he was terrific and so intense. What is he doing now ????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

In Response to Re: All Time Bruin Tough Guy Team:
    [QUOTE]uh...maybe I would add Brian Curran and Bruce Shoebottom, even if they just brieftly wore a B shirt !!! And, for sure, Wayne Cashman is missing on your list.  And, by the way, according to me, Miller lost only fights to Jonh Kordic.....he was terrific and so intense. What is he doing now ????
    Posted by Remi72[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I was gonna put Cash on my list, but he was such a Mr. Everything like Bourque (who could also be on here) I reserve that for a whole other level.

Last I saw Miller was on one of those NESN Summer Cooler programs, where they show old B's games. He was hanging out with Nilan or Byers I think, enjoying a beer in the backyard, talking about the old Whalers/Bruins game that was showing. He looked the exact same.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Neely
    lucic
    chara
    O'reilly
    cheevers
    miller
    curran
    jonathan
    I know it's not a full team, but these guys could take on a team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

My favorite player to wear #19 Rob DiMaio

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

[QUOTE]My favorite player to wear #19 Rob DiMaio
    Posted by rlprentiss[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

[QUOTE]My favorite player to wear #19 Rob DiMaio
    Posted by rlprentiss[/QUOTE]

DiMaio was a great agitator and pretty decent player, Of course Jumbo Joe and Gregg Sheppard also did the number proud. DiMaio reminds me of my favorite 19....Johnny "Pie Face" McKenzie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hjr13. Show hjr13's posts

Any all time tough guy team would have to include Eddie Shore. Don't forget about old timers like Flaman or Boivin. Another one that should get some consideration is Al Secord.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Winsink................ I will never forget him standing 10 feet in front of bench egging them on.Knowbody came on the ice,that was funny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckboy04. Show puckboy04's posts

When Dave Shulz played Boston he was nervous. Here's why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofgE7DXvvWo

O'Reilly, the mightiest Bruin ever. Don't forget the battles between Magnuson and Orr. Bobby was more than the greatest hockey player to ever live. Here's my list:
    O'Reilly
    Orr
    Cashman
    Miller
    Jonathan
    Neeley
    Sanderson
    Lucic (could be moving up)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from morne91. Show morne91's posts

Jay Miller owns a restaurant/bar called the Courtyard Pub in Cataumet, MA (Cape Cod).  He is still tough as all hell.  He hangs out with Nilan, Byers, Zolak, Nick Fotiu and many other celebs who frequent the place.  Check it out!

[QUOTE]uh...maybe I would add Brian Curran and Bruce Shoebottom, even if they just brieftly wore a B shirt !!! And, for sure, Wayne Cashman is missing on your list. But, anyway, as long as I'm concern, the best fighters of the Bruins (past and present) are : 1) Jay Miller 2) Lindon Byers 3) Stan Jonathan 4) Wayne Cashman 5) Terry O'reilly 6) Milan Lucic 7) PJ Stock 8) Cam Neely 9) John Wensink 10) Brian Curran The reason why I don't list Chris Nilan is that, when he joined the Bruins, he was way past his prime. And, by the way, according to me, Miller lost only fights to Jonh Kordic.....he was terrific and so intense. What is he doing now ????
    Posted by Remi72[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

I miss the old days when you go after anyone that gave cheapshot.The old garden would get on its feet when Winsink stepped on the ice after a cheapshot.Cherry would give the order evey time regardless of score.Kind of reckless but great theatre.The good ol days.

winsink
                                             Johnathan
                                               Terry O

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Hey, thanks for the latest news about Jay Miller.........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

When I saw this post all the obvious tough guys would be mentioned and the one that I thought knowboody would mention ... Skaswatch was the only one to bring up Keith Crowder.
    And there's also this other blast from the past, Brad McCrimmon
    I remember seeing him at a game in Montreal at the forum , the Bruins lost but he gave a beat down to I think it was Doug Risebrough.  It made my night .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

Nobody mentioned Ken Belanger, Jeff Odgers, and most importantly (back in his prime) Kyle Mclaren!  One could also put up a great argument for Nick Boynton as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sorry Remi72 maybe Stan Jonathon and John Wensink were before your time and you didn't get to see them enough!? There's no way were Jay Miller and Lyndon are ahead Wensink n Jonathan.

Miller used to get his jock handed to him constantly. Lyndon lost more than he won. Both would throwdown with anyone but lost allot and were spirited . Were as Wensink n Jonathan barely ever lost.

And yes Wensink did challenge opponents bench a few times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf4MhVEquVE this one held the all time record for the most PIM in a game for awhile.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

[QUOTE]Nobody mentioned Ken Belanger, Jeff Odgers, and most importantly (back in his prime) Kyle Mclaren!  One could also put up a great argument for Nick Boynton as well.
    Posted by BruinBuff[/QUOTE]

Hey Buff, Belanger was one big, tough, willing duker. McLaren in his younger day could also go pretty darn good.....his (I have looked at this at least 100 times) clean hit on that punk Zednik has to be an all time favorite memory!
    I don't know about Odgers though, willing but reminded me of old time wrestlers they called "bleeders" seemed like he was always getting his lunch handed to him. Worst though was Andre "Nads are off".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Wensink LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

eh, SanDog, it's true that I was young when Jonathan and Wensink were brawling, but I saw them......and, I may be wrong, but I still believe that Miller was a better boxer !!!  He had greater technique, was throwing with both hands and was tireless.

You say that he lost alot ????????? Seriously, except for Kordic I don't see...he beat the betters....Dave Brown, Bob Probert, Craig Berube etc...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_58328. Show user_58328's posts

what about the devasting left of Patrice Bergeron????

Terry O'Reilly in the stands, beating a fan, makes him tops.
    Lucic beatdwon vs. Montreal and then taunting the entire team is a close second.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]Wensink LOL
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]     Wensink would of put his head into ice if refs didnt break that one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

how can you over look one of our own a guy like Danny Lacature who was the only fighter his last year here and did all the dirty work himself and best of all could read and write and had indoor plumbing growing up do you really need to be raised with a canadien out house for a bathroom to be a tough guy?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wb374. Show wb374's posts

Here is my list.
    1. Any Bruin player on the teams of the 70's
    2. Cam Neely
    3. Lyndon Byers
    4. Jay Miller
    5. Bruce Shoebottom
    6. Keith Crowder
    7. Ray Bourque
    8. Dennis Bonvie
    9. Colton Orr