All -Time Bruin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

All -Time Bruin?

Are there any players on this current roster that you would consider an all-time Bruin, with the likes of Orr, Bourque, O'Reilly, Bucyk, Neely, Espo, Cashman?

IMHO there is only one guy on this team right now that has a chance to be mentioned in the same breath and that is Lucic, if he can continue his development and stay with the club for 10 years or more.  Otherwise, I think the Bruins have a bunch of nice players right now, but no All-Timers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: All -Time Bruin?

What is your criteria for All Time Bruins ?  Longevity? Goals? Points? Popularity ? Savard will put up a ton of points before he is through, definitely will be on my  all time.. My buddy Chara will definitely make it, so will Bergeron, so will Thomas, despite the naysayers... Lucic, will wait and see.. too early..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I guess my criteria is like that of a hall of famer, you don't even need to think about it, they either are or they aren't.  Will any current Bruins have their number hanging in the rafters of the Garden?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

MILAN LUCIC,  if  he stays healthy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

bergeron or lucic

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

oh come on.  That is a list of elite players.  Then you throw in O'Reilly and Cashman???

O'Reilly only had 204 career goals and never scored more than 29 in a season.
    Sorry, it's just lame that they retired his jersey.
    Marco Sturm already has 224 career goals.
    OK, so he's on the list as a banger + scorer + fan favorite, well Stan Jonathan should be on your list, too.
    Then Lucic already made that list because his popularity is as high as any banger has ever been, there are lots of Lucic jersies at Bruins games.

Oh what the heck, PJ Stock was incredibly popular as well.  (way more than the standard cement heads like Wensink and Byers).

Cashman. wasn't as much a banger, scored slightly more goals, but he never had the rock star quality of the other bangers.

All time highest rock star was Sanderson. 

TT has a very loyal following, probably close to what Cheever's was.

So from what I gather from your criteria, TT, Lucic, Chara and Bergeron made it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

bourque is the #1 all time bruins ever! 1 of the all time consumate pro athletes ever in any sport....he went for a physical 1 time & tested out as the endurance of a tri-athlete.....if  he played left wing he would of went to the hall as 1 of the all time leading scorers...just a incredible hockey player

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

BadHabitude I usually agree with most everything you post but think you may be a little off in your assessment of Terry O'Reilly. You're right about his stats, not a hell of a lot there, but the intangible that he brought every time he put on a B's jersey is why it hangs deservedly so from the rafters. A terrible skater when he started, he played on the third line and  looked like he could barely keep up. He played himself onto the all start team and was as a big a leader (points and heart) as there ever was for the Bruins. His fight and spirit epitomized what those hard working teams from the seventies were. He never gave up. The way he played the game allowed the McNabb's and the Middletons to play with abandon. They knew Terry was there to back them up. He really did bleed black and gold, and played every shift with an heart and determination i haven't seen since. He will always be on my all time Bruins team because heart and character go a long way in my book and he had it big time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergie4MVP. Show Bergie4MVP's posts

Agree with David Orr 100%  but all time bruins bergeron maybe chara

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'll take your point, but Cashman...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

I love Cashman. Another absolutely fearless Bruin, but yeah, maybe not an all time "great." Always loved the way both he and O'Reilly owned those corners. If they went in for the puck, chances were they'd come out with it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

The all time Bruin will be Orr 2 cups,Bourque,The Chief and so far from this roster Bergeron and Lucic if healthy then can't forget Savard. But my favorite Bruins Al Secord , Stan Johnathan and ORR!!!!!!!!!!! number 4

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Your first list only addressed the last 40 years. We aren't the Pats or Celtics, you need to look at guys like Eddie Shore and Schmidt.

Anyways, Lucic could be one of the elite and whoever they get in the next draft could be a superstar.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Re:Bergeron named to olympic team

Fantastic couldn't have been a more desrving Bruin.I hope he plays with Crosby and Perry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

?????

What just happened????

How did a post for

Re:Bergeron named to olympic team

get onto this thread??

And whatever happened to the reply option?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewinab. Show Drewinab's posts

This might help jog some memories...some great names on this list, and others...well...they fall into the John Blue category!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display_players.php?tmi=4919

There was a winger named Taylor Hall that played 7 games for the B's back in 87/88...with any luck we'll see the same name on the 2010/11 roster!

Happy New Year!

Go B's!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The current state of the NHL does not encourage players to greatness.

What, you say?

The shifts are too short, many coaches roll 4 lines every period, the emphasis is on defense, the ice surface is too small for today's quicker skaters.

The game is such that star players are not allowed to excel. There are no superstars on the Bruins because they are a team of robots who are not allowed to gamble by leaving the assigned area....Bobby Orr could not have played for a Claude Julien team in 2009, at least not the same style of end-to end rushing that made him a legend.

All in all the game stifles creativity, people question whether Ovechkin should change his style of play...this is preposterous! He is the most exciting player this league has had in years.

Bettman has ruined the NHL. It does not have the great superstars of the 80's because of the refusal of the league to adapt to the modern players and their advanced skating abilities, lighter equipment by changing the dimensions of the rinks. The NFL did this when kickers started nailing 60 ft. field goals on a regular basis. The checkers are on the puckcarriers in the neural zone too quickly, there is little or no room for creativity of offense anymore. The NHL is becoming an exercise in futility with a shootout at the end.

Why does Chara look so great? Because he has the great reach that covers most of his half of the defensive zone. His skills pale next to the great defensemen of the 70's and 80's, Orr, Potvin, Doug Wilson, Larry Robinson, Scott Stevens, Bourque,Coffey, even Mark Howe.

So is there an all-time great on this Bruins team? Impossible to say, a player like Marc Savard on Patrice Bergeron would have scored so many more goals on past teams in a different era where the trap and defensive systems didn't rule the day.