All time Bruins punching bags

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

All time Bruins punching bags

OK, we listed toughest B's and favorite B's how about supposed tough guys that could'nt beat your granny!
    My starting lineup would include;
    Andre Nads are off(The dancing Bear)
    Sandy Moger (Saw Chelios destroy him in Chi-town)
    Kristoff Oliwa (reminds us of Andrew Golata)

Come on guys, who else comes to mind.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: All time Bruins punching bags

In Response to All time Bruins punching bags:
    [QUOTE]OK, we listed toughest B's and favorite B's how about supposed tough guys that could'nt beat your granny! My starting lineup would include; Andre Nads are off(The dancing Bear) Sandy Moger (Saw Chelios destroy him in Chi-town) Kristoff Oliwa (reminds us of Andrew Golata) Come on guys, who else comes to mind.....
    Posted by Turk16[/QUOTE]

Mike Milbury

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'm not sure Steve Montador has ever won a fight in his career.

In Response to All time Bruins punching bags:
    [QUOTE]OK, we listed toughest B's and favorite B's how about supposed tough guys that could'nt beat your granny! My starting lineup would include; Andre Nads are off(The dancing Bear) Sandy Moger (Saw Chelios destroy him in Chi-town) Kristoff Oliwa (reminds us of Andrew Golata) Come on guys, who else comes to mind.....
    Posted by Turk16[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

jeff odgers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

Hal Gill

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joebondo. Show joebondo's posts

The Jacobs' and Harry Sinden.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

Dan LaCouture (from Hyannis). One of the many good for nothing losers / players the Bruins recruited under the Mike O'Connell regime. Most of whom were from the Mass. area and most of whom just plain sucked.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

I was away at college but the few times I can home I seem to remember watching Willie Plett getting beat on a regularly. I know he was only a Bruin for about a year at the end of his career so he may not qualify as a all time Brunins punching bag.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

In Response to Re: All time Bruins punching bags:
    [QUOTE]I was away at college but the few times I can home I seem to remember watching Willie Plett getting beat on a regularly. I know he was only a Bruin for about a year at the end of his career so he may not qualify as a all time Brunins punching bag.
    Posted by TCGpat[/QUOTE]

Plett came to Boston near the end of his career (O'Reilly asked Sinden for more toughness) and had a really bad shoulder that used to pop out during fights. He was willing and menacing though, and is far from an all-time Bruins punching bag.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Dallas Smith
    Gary Doak

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

^ ^ ^ I think Turk meant players who were supposed to be tough, but instead ended up being punching bags. Doak and Smith were meek, hard working players who rarely if ever fought.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]^ ^ ^ I think Turk meant players who were supposed to be tough, but instead ended up being punching bags. Doak and Smith were meek, hard working players who rarely if ever fought.
    Posted by Beer-League-Goalie[/QUOTE]

OK...  I was thinking Doak for all the shots he blocked (face first?) and otherwise sacrificing his body like he was going to donate it to science.

I have to second Jeff Odgers.  Was he a haemophiliac or something?  I'm pretty sure he started bleeding if he wiped his nose sitting on the bench.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All time Bruins punching bags : OK...  I was thinking Doak for all the shots he blocked (face first?) and otherwise sacrificing his body like he was going to donate it to science. I have to second Jeff Odgers.  Was he a haemophiliac or something?  I'm pretty sure he started bleeding if he wiped his nose sitting on the bench.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

You are right on the money about Odgers......he was like the old time wrestlers we watched as kids....."Bleeders" they called them; they actually would cut their own forehead with a razor during a match to get an extra $50-$100. Maybe he had that in his contract with Harry!
    Hey, how about Sandy McCarthy, can't remember for sure, wasn't on the team for too long, but I think he mostly got his behind wooped!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

As far as "tough guys" Nazarov was clearly the worst I've seen in a Bruins uniform. Hugging is not fighting. It's bad when you're cheering for the other team to kick his _ss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nativescrapper. Show nativescrapper's posts

anybody remember a guy by the name of brent hughes hands down the fighter in bruins history...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bizman86. Show bizman86's posts

Nevin Markwart

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from terry24. Show terry24's posts

A friend of mine was a sportswriter when Odgers played for the B's. After a game where he'd taken yet another beating, my buddy sees Odgers meeting his wife and kids as he's getting ready to leave and overhears the wife telling the kids, "Now now, don't touch Daddy's face..."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

Marty Mcsorley, all done by the time he became a Bruin

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

BYRON BITZ....No doubt the biggest wuss ever to wear a Bruins uniform. Pretty sad to be that big and get your butt kicked in EVERY fight you have ever had....Even had to have Thornton stand up for him. Also, next time he comes out of the corner with the puck will be a first. Just a BIG waste of ice time. Get rid of this slug when Looch comes back!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Hal Gill

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

[QUOTE]BYRON BITZ....No doubt the biggest wuss ever to wear a Bruins uniform. Pretty sad to be that big and get your butt kicked in EVERY fight you have ever had....Even had to have Thornton stand up for him. Also, next time he comes out of the corner with the puck will be a first. Just a BIG waste of ice time. Get rid of this slug when Looch comes back!!!
    Posted by Turk16[/QUOTE]Amen brother!

As far as past Bruin's punching bags go, these guys come to mind.

Odgers
    Lacky
    Hughes (He was a great pest though)
    Sandra McCarthy
    Naz
    Skillzy Gill

I like him, but Begin is kind of a punching bag too.

Biggest current punching bag in the league - Tommy Kostopoulos
    Past NHL punching bag champ - Kelly Buchberger

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]BYRON BITZ....No doubt the biggest wuss ever to wear a Bruins uniform. Pretty sad to be that big and get your butt kicked in EVERY fight you have ever had....Even had to have Thornton stand up for him. Also, next time he comes out of the corner with the puck will be a first. Just a BIG waste of ice time. Get rid of this slug when Looch comes back!!!
    Posted by Turk16[/QUOTE]

A lot of posters think Bitz is some kind of tough physical player just because of his size. I'll never understand how this guy made the team with Sobotka available? All he's good for is mucking it up along the boards-end of story.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yes Odgers and Bitz should not fight or he'll become the next Odgers.
    Just not for him.
    Message for Thornton " Do like Neely did once when Bourque almost got in a fight .  Push Bitz aside and tell him you'll take care of it. "

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

LOL @ Legion

First time I saw Bitz I thought, awesome! Another bad @ss.

But Damn! How does a massive guy like him have no fighting ability?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Amen, get rid of BITZ-SLAPPED immediately

I thought Brent Hughes was allright !? Anyone else have much insight on him ? He tended to fight outside his weight class b/c the team them was pretty soft ...

Unfortunately, I think Chow was quite a punching bag, although never expected to be an enforcer .....

Sections
Shortcuts