All you cry babies: apply here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: All you cry babies: apply here

In Response to Re: All you cry babies: apply here:
    In Response to All you cry babies: apply here : The sheep never fail to amaze me. The Bruins pull off one of the most historic chokes in the history of organized sports. And you still can't take off the rose colored glasses for a couple of hours- long enough to be pissed. Amazing. No matter how many times this organization lays down or falls flat on it's face, you guys will be right there making excuses and pretending/believing next year will be different. It's pathetic You guys are like that one friend everybody has that is dating the super psycho chick. She treats him like garbage, runs his life. She's cold and not even very attractive. Everybody knows he could do 1000 times better. But he wont leave her. He just keeps letting her make his life miserable. He makes excuses for her and honestly thinks she's going to change because he sees something in her that no rational, objective person does. For God's sake. grow a pair and get a grip on reality. This organization is a joke and will be until the Jacobs family is gone. People have the right to be pissed and disgusted. Be thankful we're not in Florida or Arizona? Why? How are the Bruins any better off? At least the Panthers have made the Finals in the last 15 years.  
    Posted by dafoe

You better read your posts over again dafoe .This is civil ? Grow a pair ? Calling other posters sheep ? Wearing rose coloured glasses ? What's the difference between that and neanderthal thinking , mental ward and hate juice. Not a heck of a lot. Post your opinions but when you start with the mud slinging (like you started ) you're fair game, to get it right back at you. And it seems to me that you are the one who can't get the concept of others opinions as YOU are the one who came on this thread ranting and raving ( oh sorry being civil) about how people should boycott the team and feel the same way you do. You also say people should get get p#ssed like you . And you're the mature one. PLEASE ! Last time I looked the B's were up against the salary cap . Do you not get the idea what salary cap means? Say it with me now dafoe ...S-A-L-A-R-Y C-A-P . Your complaining about JJ holds no water in the present as he has spent to the limit on the cap. Just because posters don't lose it like you and go on a soapbox to complain about it makes them sheep.  P.S. 15 year old ? I'm probably old enough to have changed your diaper when you were young . What's in a name ? I'm as much of a kid as you are a Dafoe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

In Response to Re: All you cry babies: apply here : You better read your posts over again dafoe .This is civil ? Grow a pair ? Calling other posters sheep ? Wearing rose coloured glasses ? What's the difference between that and neanderthal thinking , mental ward and hate juice. Not a heck of a lot. Post your opinions but when you start with the mud slinging (like you started ) you're fair game, to get it right back at you. And it seems to me that you are the one who can't get the concept of others opinions as YOU are the one who came on this thread ranting and raving ( oh sorry being civil) about how people should boycott the team and feel the same way you do. You also say people should get get p#ssed like you . And you're the mature one. PLEASE ! Last time I looked the B's were up against the salary cap . Do you not get the idea what salary cap means? Say it with me now dafoe ...S-A-L-A-R-Y C-A-P . Your complaining about JJ holds no water in the present as he has spent to the limit on the cap. Just because posters don't lose it like you and go on a soapbox to complain about it makes them sheep.  P.S. 15 year old ? I'm probably old enough to have changed your diaper when you were young . What's in a name ? I'm as much as a kid as you are Dafoe.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

You are unbelievable. You just want to argue. Jacobs was as responsible for the salary cap's existence as any owner in the league. For a very simple reason: It's just one more tool he can use to pull the wool over people's eyes. He know's he can spend to the (very low ) cap and still turn a profit. Then have his cronies point to the salary cap. He can't do it himself because he's not man enough to crawl out of whatever hole he's hiding in over there in Buffalo and serve up his BS first hand.

And as far as starting the "mudslinging" that would be the original poster. The thread title is what caught my eye. It implies that anyone that has a problem with this organiztion is a "crybaby" And if you think my threads constitute mudslinging you need thicker skin.

I just don't understand how anybody can  buy JJs BS hook, line and sinker. It kind of reminds me of Shutter Island. It's a movie starring Leonardo Dicaprio. In it, he plays a U.S. Marshall investigating the disappearance of a patient from a mental facility for the criminally insane. He gets to the island and the head of the facilty is briefing him on the escaped patient. She drowned her three children and then cooked dinner. When her husband arrived home dinner was ready and the three dead children were arranged around the dinner table. Even years later she reufused to admit what she had done. She was unable to live with it. So she she created this elaborate fantasy world in which  her children were still alive and all the people in the mental institution were milkmen, deliverymen, etc.

So Leonardo's character turns to the doctor and asks the obvious question. The same quetion anybody would ask: "How is that possible, Doc? She's in a mental hospital, surrounded by guards and doctors and nurses. It seems like that's something you might notice from time to time."

That's how I feel with the "sheep" How do you people not get that there is something very wrong here? It's clearly not an an issue of intelligence- as I'm sure a lot of these people are quite intelligent. But for some reason, they can't seem to think clearly when it comes to the Bruins. How many Clippers fans do you think are defending Donald Sterling?

I never claimed I was capable of convincing anybody of anything. What's the old saying? You can't reason somebody out of a position they didn't reason themselves into. I was angry and disgusted and needed to vent. And I was just angry and irrational enough to the think that I might be able to talk some sense in to some people. I thought, maybe at some point, enough would be enough for some of you. Clearly I was wrong.

Jacobs is the problem here. He needs to go. Either you can bury your head in the sand. Or you can do something about. I know I can't make a difference by myself. But I can have the peace of mind of knowing I'm not contributing to the problem.

I come to these forums when I'm bored or I can't sleep or just want to talk sports. Life is way too short and there are far too many other constructive enjoyable things I could be doing to be arguing with someone on a message board. You have your opinion and I have mine. Neither of us are going to change each other's mind.

I hear there is a basketball game being played today in Orlando. I think I'll check that out. You have a nice night. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: All you cry babies: apply here : You are unbelievable. You just want to argue. Jacobs was as responsible for the salary cap's existence as any owner in the league. For a very simple reason: It's just one more tool he can use to pull the wool over people's eyes. He know's he can spend to the (very low ) cap and still turn a profit. Then have his cronies point to the salary cap. He can't do it himself because he's not man enough to crawl out of whatever hole he's hiding in over there in Buffalo and serve up his BS first hand. And as far as starting the "mudslinging" that would be the original poster. The thread title is what caught my eye. It implies that anyone that has a problem with this organiztion is a "crybaby" And if you think my threads constitute mudslinging you need thicker skin. I just don't understand how anybody can  buy JJs BS hook, line and sinker. It kind of reminds me of Shutter Island. It's a movie starring Leonardo Dicaprio. In it, he plays a U.S. Marshall investigating the disappearance of a patient from a mental facility for the criminally insane. He gets to the island and the head of the facilty is briefing him on the escaped patient. She drowned her three children and then cooked dinner. When her husband arrived home dinner was ready and the three dead children were arranged around the dinner table. Even years later she reufused to admit what she had done. She was unable to live with it. So she she created this elaborate fantasy world in which  her children were still alive and all the people in the mental institution were milkmen, deliverymen, etc. So Leonardo's character turns to the doctor and asks the obvious question. The same quetion anybody would ask: "How is that possible, Doc? She's in a mental hospital, surrounded by guards and doctors and nurses. It seems like that's something you might notice from time to time."   That's how I feel with the "sheep" How do you people not get that there is something very wrong here? It's clearly not an an issue of intelligence- as I'm sure a lot of these people are quite intelligent. But for some reason, they can't seem to think clearly when it comes to the Bruins. How many Clippers fans do you think are defending Donald Sterling? I never claimed I was capable of convincing anybody of anything. What's the old saying? You can't reason somebody out of a position they didn't reason themselves into. I was angry and disgusted and needed to vent. And I was just angry and irrational enough to the think that I might be able to talk some sense in to some people. I thought, maybe at some point, enough would be enough for some of you. Clearly I was wrong. Jacobs is the problem here. He needs to go. Either you can bury your head in the sand. Or you can do something about. I know I can't make a difference by myself. But I can have the peace of mind of knowing I'm not contributing to the problem. I come to these forums when I'm bored or I can't sleep or just want to talk sports. Life is way too short and there are far too many other constructive enjoyable things I could be doing to be arguing with someone on a message board. You have your opinion and I have mine. Neither of us are going to change each other's mind. I hear there is a basketball game being played today in Orlando. I think I'll check that out. You have a nice night. 
    Posted by dafoe

WOW ! Struck a nerve . Funny stuff . You're right we both have are own opinions and they won't be changed. Enjoy the basketball as I will be doing something constructive too. I'm sleepy from your story telling. Don't punch any walls on your way to the tv. P.S. Maybe take a valium and will be looking forward to your words of wisdom trying to talk some common sense into all us dummies on these boards on your next rant. You have nice a night too and maybe call tomorrow for that anger management problem of yours.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

what the hell's on your mind if you pardon the expression..let's play horse I'll be the front you just be yourself!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

In Response to Re: All you cry babies: apply here : WOW ! Struck a nerve . Funny stuff . You're right we both have are own opinions and they won't be changed. Enjoy the basketball as I will be doing something constructive too. I'm sleepy from your story telling. Don't punch any walls on your way to the tv. P.S. Maybe take a valium and will be looking forward to your words of wisdom trying to talk some common sense into all us dummies on these boards on your next rant. You have nice night too and maybe call tomorrow for that anger management problem of yours.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I can't even begin to imagine what would make you think you "struck a nerve" or that I have an anger management problem. Or that I'm even upset at anyone on this forum. I'm just talking to you the same way you are talking to me.  I'm guessing it's your massive ego problem.  I mean, there must be something wrong with me if I don't agree with you, right?. I couldn't possibly disagree with you simply because you're wrong, now could I?

And you are going to have a long wait if you are expecting me to try to reason with any more of the sheep. It's a complete waste of time. I thought I made that pretty clear in my last post. I don't know what came over me. It's not like I didn't already know that you people couldn't be reasoned with. I guess it was just the sting of game 7.

What I also thought I made clear was that our ridiculous argument had run it's course. You clearly enjoy arguing. Unfortunately for you, I do not- especially over something so trivial. You are going to have to find a different sparring partner. I'm done.

If you feel the need to get the last word in- go ahead. But I'm done. I'm going to put you on ignore and try to live the rest of my life with the knowledge that my "stories" bore you and you think I have an anger management problem. Don't get me wrong, it's been quite the blow to my self esteem. Because what random, faceless internet strangers think of me is very crucial to my sense of self worth. But I think I'll be okay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Jacobs is a business man.  If the Bruins franchise is making money then he makes more money.  Winning and being good consistently enhances his chances of making more money.  If he spends Salary money to the cap level, he is not being cheap.  The problem is getting the most production out of the money that is spent, therefore lies the opportunity within the Bruins organization now and what lies ahead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shappydappydoo. Show shappydappydoo's posts

Jacobs is a business man.  If the Bruins franchise is making money then he makes more money.  Winning and being good consistently enhances his chances of making more money.  If he spends Salary money to the cap level, he is not being cheap.  The problem is getting the most production out of the money that is spent, therefore lies the opportunity within the Bruins organization now and what lies ahead.
    Posted by JYaso

Jacobs actually is cheap and in the worst way possible, with HIS players. Other teams are given things, such as there jersey framed or other team items, while Jacobs gives his players trash bags to help clean out their lockers. That is why no one wants to come here, the owner treats the players like garbage. Sure he spends to the cap but the way he treats his players and the end of the season doesn't help retain or bring in players they need.

My source is Tom Fitzgerald. He said playing for the Avalanche and Islanders he felt like royalty compared to the way the players are treated in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

florida arizona?  they are not hockey towns!   
    Posted by TheRealHomer

Never mind hockey towns...they're not even TOWNS PERIOD!

No southern state houses a real hockey town.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

dafoe please come back .don't put me on ignore. I'm sorry . I want to hear some more Leonardo Dicaprio stories and how you have so much more common sense then us sheep. Come back. 

P.S.These comments today go hand in hand with your 'I hate Canada' comments. Another idea that you obviously wouldn't change your opinion on from a previous post. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

I have read this thread with interest and tried to look at dafoe's arguement objectively. But it seems dafoes comments seem to be based on speculation and personal opinion on the past. And yes dafoe I ALSO detect a bit of anger in your posting on this topic. Where you really lost my respect was when you made the statement that you would try to come on these boards and bring some common sense to us. That told me enough about you to want to stop reading right there. People with 'God complex' problems are not my cup of tea. You can reply to this post but I definitely will be hesititant to reply back as I feel you are the one who loves to argue based on what I just read . P.S. I disagree with you about Jacobs for the present.    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredFringer. Show FredFringer's posts

IMO the bottom line on Jacobs, Bruins ownership and the enabling influence of those B's followers -- who accept management/ownership's strategies year after year with little question -- all comes back to results & seeing real improvement.

Dafoe makes some excellent points re: the long-established pattern set by the Jacobs family regime, who have always maintained their profit flow, while at the same time, Bruins teams have continued to struggle, mostly underachieve & this year, choke spectacularily in their so-called pursuit of the Cup.  The pattern has been set for 30+ years, with not enough spending to improve Bruins teams, many top players allowed to walk away, poor treatment of players, etc., etc...

Since the early 90's, the results have been especially poor - with only a couple 2nd round playoff exists to show for the last 18 years.  And over the last 3 years with Chiarelli and Julien here, have we really seen any improvement??  Sure, there have been 3 straight playoff appearances, but 2 straight heartbreakers and based on this year, the B's seem to be slipping backwards once again....  Our so-called strong young core really comes down to only Rask, Krejci, the enigmatic Lucic, maybe Bergeron, Boychuk, Stuart & some highly-ranked but totally unproven prospects.

This franchise is certainly not looking nearly as promising as the Blackhawks, for example, who had also struggled badly for many years, but with more honest and effective ownership, now have a powerhouse team which is a Cup favourite this year & for years to come.

It comes down to this fact-- even under the cap (which they spearheaded) the Jacobs brood has found ways to go cheap with PC and Julien, and they will continue to do so for as long as they are allowed to or on this earth.  Their priorities are filling seats in the Garden & continuing to rake in profits, which is certainly helped by having a competitive team, but striving for any more than this - a legit contending team - is a much lower priority for them due to increased costs in better management/coaching & more effective player allocations.

It is unrealistic - and not right - to expect any fan to abandon their team or stop buying merchandise but it certainly might be helpful for all Bruins fans to really start questioning what's been going on, look much more critically at owners & managements decisions - and start to speak & act out against this!
    Maybe think twice and don't renew those season's tickets unless things change here - and don't shell out those $100's for seats until we at least see a more competant coach & GM brought into the picture...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

florida arizona?  they are not hockey towns!   
    Posted by TheRealHomer

and Boston is a hockey town?? No more big guy, and it's been that way for a while

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredFringer. Show FredFringer's posts

I would add that Bruins fans should expect and receive ownership & management on par with what the Celtics and Red Sox have -- not perfect to be sure, but committed to winning & contending every year if possible, and putting the best product out there for the fans to enjoy....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I have read this thread with interest and tried to look at dafoe's arguement objectively. But it seems dafoes comments seem to be based on speculation and personal opinion on the past. And yes dafoe I ALSO detect a bit of anger in your posting on this topic. Where you really lost my respect was when you made the statement that you would try to come on these boards and bring some common sense to us. That told me enough about you to want to stop reading right there. People with 'God complex' problems are not my cup of tea. You can reply to this post but I definitely will be hesititant to reply back as I feel you are the one who loves to argue based on what I just read . P.S. I disagree with you about Jacobs for the present.    
    Posted by dustyisacat

I apologize for insulting people. I think some people just have a different idea of what it means to be a Bruins fan. I disagree with them, but I get it. What I do not understand is the contingent of fans that just have completely blind faith in this organization. They could slash the team payroll to 12 million next year and these people would find a way to put a positive spin on it. I just don't get that. I guess I'm at the other end of the spectrum. But my opinion is based on a 30 year track record with Jacobs. I'm sorry. I try to be respectful of other people's opinons. But I feel so strongly about this there is little wiggle room for me on this.

And yes, I'm angry. At the Bruins ownership. At myself for getting sucked in again. But not at the people on this forum. Montreal lost 6-0 last night. They are going home and the Bruins should have been the ones to send them. But Jacobs had to cheap out on the coach. 

If people want to think Jacobs has changed because he is spending to (an essentially self imposed) cap, that's their business. But I'm not buying it. Look at the coaching situation, for example which is not affected by the cap: A good analogy is someone that is trying to find a cheap car.  You can go spend 15k on a  brand new Ford Focus. It's nothing flashy. But you know it will probably be dependable. Or you can go really cheap, buy a 2k clunker out of the classifieds and pray that it doesn't break down. That is what Claude Julien is: a $2000 clunker. He cost Jacobs a round of playoff revenue. But he pretty much did what he was hired to do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Interesting comments on this thread about Jacobs and the teams disposition in general. Here's a few thoughts to ponder.........:

1. Bruins are up 3-0 in a series, and even 3-0 in game 7 and lose it. Would it be better if the Bruins won or lost to Jacobs, Claude Julien & Peter C.? What responsibility do the players take in this historic loss? Was there not enough motivation for them to win? Personally, I'd be trying my hardest NOT to get my name written down in the history books. No coach motivation required.

2. What is the biggest motivator to a) Players b) Mgt.? Money & more Money? Who cares about winning a Cup? This probably varies by player, but I have the distinct feeling that achieving a Stanley Cup ring is one of THE top motivators for players to this day. Maybe I'm dreaming........

3. Who wants to win a Cup more a) Players or b) Ownership. Who benefits most?

Still wondering how we could have lost this series..........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: All you cry babies: apply here : I apologize for insulting people. I think some people just have a different idea of what it means to be a Bruins fan. I disagree with them, but I get it. What I do not understand is the contingent of fans that just have completely blind faith in this organization. They could slash the team payroll to 12 million next year and these people would find a way to put a positive spin on it. I just don't get that. I guess I'm at the other end of the spectrum. But my opinion is based on a 30 year track record with Jacobs. I'm sorry. I try to be respectful of other people's opinons. But I feel so strongly about this there is little wiggle room for me on this. And yes, I'm angry. At the Bruins ownership. At myself for getting sucked in again. But not at the people on this forum. Montreal lost 6-0 last night. They are going home and the Bruins should have been the ones to send them. But Jacobs had to cheap out on the coach.  If people want to think Jacobs has changed because he is spending to (an essentially self imposed) cap, that's their business. But I'm not buying it. Look at the coaching situation, for example which is not affected by the cap: A good analogy is someone that is trying to find a cheap car.  You can go spend 15k on a  brand new Ford Focus. It's nothing flashy. But you know it will probably be dependable. Or you can go really cheap, buy a 2k clunker out of the classifieds and pray that it doesn't break down. That is what Claude Julien is: a $2000 clunker. He cost Jacobs a round of playoff revenue. But he pretty much did what he was hired to do.
    Posted by dafoe

dafoe respect the fact you have an opinion on this topic but respect you more now that you've realized it's ok for people to have their opinions too . We will never agree on this ( which is fine too ) but we have our own opinions and that's as far as it should go without ridiculing people who don't see it the other person's  way. If the B's spent the minimum on the cap sure I'd be upset. But they aren't so I don't agree with the statement that JJ is cheaping out. And as far as PC & CJ being cheap choices for the GM & coaching positions ,spending big money on these two positions doesn't always equate to success . e.g. Shero and Bylsma in Pittsburgh are not exactly in the big bucks category and they won a cup . Sather in N.Y. has to be making big money and he's been nothing but bad .
    P.S. I understand your frustration with people who put a positive spin on everything ( I'm not one of them and don't agree with them) but by disagreeing with you on JJ shouldn't put us people in the so called blind faith category.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from westga. Show westga's posts

To this day, I still can never forgive Jacobs for letting Bobby Orr go to another team. There is a place in the deepest part of hell waiting for him. In spite of him, I will always be on the B's bandwagon, whether they are going great, or doing terrible. Respectfully, the problem with the boycott the B's argument, is if everybody stopped buying tickets, Jacobs wouldn't sell the team. That rotten sob would probably move the team out of town.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Interesting comments on this thread about Jacobs and the teams disposition in general. Here's a few thoughts to ponder.........: 1. Bruins are up 3-0 in a series, and even 3-0 in game 7 and lose it. Would it be better if the Bruins won or lost to Jacobs, Claude Julien & Peter C.? What responsibility do the players take in this historic loss? Was there not enough motivation for them to win? Personally, I'd be trying my hardest NOT to get my name written down in the history books. No coach motivation required. 2. What is the biggest motivator to a) Players b) Mgt.? Money & more Money? Who cares about winning a Cup? This probably varies by player, but I have the distinct feeling that achieving a Stanley Cup ring is one of THE top motivators for players to this day. Maybe I'm dreaming........ 3. Who wants to win a Cup more a) Players or b) Ownership. Who benefits most? Still wondering how we could have lost this series..........
    Posted by 4everbruins

It's hard to argue with any of those points. The players should not need outside motivation. And it's not all Julien's fault. But I still think a decent coach lights a fire under their butt in game 5.

It's kind of like the Payton Manning situation. There's no denying he is one of the best QB's in the history of the NFL. But he tends to choke when the games matter. Well Julien coached teams also have a history of laying down when the going gets tough. Three different cities. You can't tell me none of those teams had any heart.

The players deserve some blame. And the truth is, I don't know for certain that the right coach would have made a difference. But it's hard for me to think other wise. Somebody has to take the blame here.

I also do not believe that money wasn't a huge factor in Julien's signing. 

Meanwhile, this team is in serious need of some offense. And they have two good, but not great, goalies taking up 8.2 milion in cap space. One of them will be gone soon enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

In Response to All you cry babies: apply here : The sheep never fail to amaze me. The Bruins pull off one of the most historic chokes in the history of organized sports. And you still can't take off the rose colored glasses for a couple of hours- long enough to be pissed. Amazing. No matter how many times this organization lays down or falls flat on it's face, you guys will be right there making excuses and pretending/believing next year will be different. It's pathetic You guys are like that one friend everybody has that is dating the super psycho chick. She treats him like garbage, runs his life. She's cold and not even very attractive. Everybody knows he could do 1000 times better. But he wont leave her. He just keeps letting her make his life miserable. He makes excuses for her and honestly thinks she's going to change because he sees something in her that no rational, objective person does. For God's sake. grow a pair and get a grip on reality. This organization is a joke and will be until the Jacobs family is gone. People have the right to be pissed and disgusted. Be thankful we're not in Florida or Arizona? Why? How are the Bruins any better off? At least the Panthers have made the Finals in the last 15 years.  
    Posted by dafoe

you hit the nail right on the head buddy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Dafoe, I dislike the Jacob's clan as much as the next diehard, but the argument that he's a cheapskate when it comes to B's salaries doesn't hold water anymore because they're up against the cap. Because he is a smart/cheap businessman he knows he needs to make it deep in the playoffs to make some real jingle and he's been spending to that end. You're right, if he could get away with a next to nothing budget, he'd do it, but a year or two of pathetic home attendance figures changed all that. But as far as hiring a "clunker" coach, CJ was Coach of the Year last year. And that was PC's call, not Jacobs. Jacobs approved eating Lewis salary to bring Julien on. Trust me, Jacob's definitely a d*ouche, but he's not the reason they lost this past week. But from the mid-70's until the strike, he definitely played a role.
    Posted by Davidorr

Agreed.  Jacobs is a cheapskate, but I think that he is paying a fair sum of money for Julien.  Claude Julien was re-signed to a multi-year (three, I think) contract extension last September, after he won Coach of the Year honors.  Regardless of what Julien was paid in his first contract, I doubt that the reigning coach of the year re-signed for a bargain basement price.

There are other areas that Jacobs' tightwad ways more likely hurt the team.  By all accounts, Ristuccia Arena is a dump.  It's a no-brainer that better facilities would probably be a bit better for player morale.  Knowing that elite teams would be playing at their home ice for the Olympics, Canucks ownership shelled out for a three million dollar upgrade for the home team's locker and training rooms.  You'll never read about Jacobs shelling out the big bucks for something like that.

Another thing is scouting.  It is no coincidence that the Red Wings keep pulling out very good NHLers from deep in the draft.  They are scouting Scandinavia better than any team in the league.  That isn't luck.  I have no idea what the Bruins' scouting department consists of, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they are one of the lesser-paid scouting departments in the league.  That could change tomorrow, and we probably wouldn't see the results for two or three years, so maybe things have improved on the scouting front.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealist. Show TheRealist's posts

In Response to All you cry babies: apply here:
    cant wait for next year!!!  and, a lot you may disagree, but i think PC and Julien will get us here again next year.

Posted by Wheelhouse46

Wow what a passive, passive happy with mediocrity fan you are. Somewhere a man in a Buffalo office is grinning like a cheshire cat after reading your "yay I can't wait for next year" declarations from soft as Blake Wheeler fans like you.

I don't want to just get "here" again. It's been 18 years of not being able to win in the freaking second round and fans like you apologize for them and enable them and give them pats on the back and say awwww ok boys we'll just em next year! Yay!

Enough is enough. Many changes are needed and some of them will have to be big.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

In Response to All you cry babies: apply here:
    "Fire Julien" "Start Tim Thomas" "Thanks Jacobs" "PC is an idiot" "Bergeron is overrated" "Chara isnt a captain" wah wah wah We got beat. We choked, sure. Point fingers at Wideman, Wheeler, Hunwick... Get over it. Lets get our draft pick. Keep a healthy team next year. We have Krejci, lucic, sobotka, a #2 pick, boychuk, tuukks... cant wait for next year!!!  and, a lot you may disagree, but i think PC and Julien will get us here again next year. Be thankful your not in florida or arizona.
    Posted by Wheelhouse46

Bergeron is underrated...they lose him or trade him we are in big trouble...I'll take him over Savard