Almost 24 hrs later

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Almost 24 hrs later

I'm still pizzed off at this last game and series. Don't know about the rest of you but it is one of the biggest collapses in sports when you consider all the facts. Julien can not have been in touch with the pulse of this team. More than a few of us new Rask was tired and it was pointed out time and time again by Stanley, and even I take some of his comments with a grain of salt but he was correct in saying Rask needed a rest.

I'm calling for Julien to step down or be relieved of his coaching position but it's more than likely in vain and will never happen. To me he is solely responsible for this debacle. How can he not see reality? Rask was not at his best in 3 out of the 7 games and Julien for some reason did not go to TT. He had no problem playing Thomas with making the playoffs on the line so why did he not know it was time back in game 4 to give Rask a rest? Poor coaching and timely decision making is to blame in my estimation. If Rask plays good last night we are all jumping for joy just waiting for tomorrow nights game.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Almost 24 hrs later

I do not blame Rask for the Bruins' collapse, but that doesn't mean he played like the next Patrick Roy.  He played as expected: like a rookie goalie.  But I'm with you about Julien.  Blake Wheeler on the 1st line?  The only guy that was playing worse than Paille was Wheeler.  And how does Ryder play all 82 games this year? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

There is no shortage of blame to go around ... Rask palyed well enough to keep them in most games ..his defensive help clearing pucks and bodies from in front of the net  was awful.. sure, he let in a few that might not have gone in had he squared up to teh shooter better but for the most part ..he was pretty solid.. Claude Julien has a history of sticking with his players thru thick and thin and has never been one to make game time adjustments very well buth there is more to their demise than just coaching.. Absolutely terrible officiating, key injuries at inopportune times  killed this team.. Expectations of going deep into the playoffs snowballed a bit when they beat the Sabres but realistically, their regular season wasn't all that good.. A month before the playoffs .. eveyone was all fired up about how bad they were but they stepped up and managed a good run to get in.. That is why most of us ( IMO ) thought this team was better than it probably was.. Bottom line:   The team and coaching staff was outdone by the Flyers.. The Flyers have more talent and deserve to be where they are.. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

some day we will go all the way i just hope we are all still alive when it happens..............

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I think true fans have every right to still be pissed.  I know I am.   I didn't miss a single game all season, paid to go to a few.  After investing that much time and effort into the team, it feels like being betrayed when they re-pay us by collapsing like that both in the series and in game 7.  and the excuses "they didn't belong in the playoffs in the first place", or "they werent going to get by Montreal or have any chance at winning the cup anyway" are really lame.  How does that change the fact they had to be at least -1500 favorites (vegas odds) to go to the eastern conference finals after game 3 and collpased and let all of their fans down?  And collapsed mainly due to lack of effort and/or heart. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

The Bruins were not a legitimate Cup contender this year.  The team peaked at the right time, but lacked the depth to overcome injuries to key players.  If you can get past the kick in the nads way that they went out, the team ended the postseason like they played in the regular season.  Streaky.  They won four games in a row, then lost four games in a row.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Dude, when we look back at this, all we will remember is that the Bruins blew a 3-0 series lead. All the rest of the Hockey world will remember is that Philly overcame a 3-0 series deficit. The trolls will try to make us feel worse about the situation, but the fact is the team that chokes is rarerly thought about in the equasion. This story belongs to the Flyers , not the Bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Its all a moot point now but I still don't know why the club would stray from what worked so effectively in the first period (i.e., the hitting of Flyers that gave them no room to operate, the hard skating that kept pressure on Philly) for the rest of the deciding game, no less. 

Whether the Flyers would have eventually seized control of the game regardless of whether our club maintained their first period form is anybody's guess.  All I know is the Bruins assisted Philly in getting up off the mat and into the game by abandoning their earlier strategy.  In the first, they appeared as if they had a legitimate shot at winning. 

With the able assistance of the Bruins last night, the superior team with Gagne, Richards and Briere, a trio our club had no answer for, won.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from camneely1983. Show camneely1983's posts

I am not a huge fan of TT but I am shocked that he never got a shot in this series when his numbers are amazing against the Flyers (in game 4 after the 3rd goal in the 2nd period).  Did CJ honeslty think that Rask could take this team all the way without having a breather?  He only played 42 games all season, and it was only a matter of time before he got tired playing every other night.  When the canes won the cup, Cam Ward was consistently in and out and every hockey analyst always says one of the biggest assets a team can have in the playoffs is two solid goalies....we had it and never used it!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from powerdoc12. Show powerdoc12's posts

36 hours later and I still am pissed.  Looking back on 2003, I was pissed until after the Red Sox beat the Yankees in 2004.  I destroyed all my Sox stuff (really).  I cursed about them all offseason.  I didn't watch them again untill the playoffs of 2004.  Am I a bad sport?; you bet I am.  I am also a very accomplished and successful individual who never made excuses for advantages I wasn't given as a kid.  I could care less who was hurt and what was expected before the playoffs.  They blew two 3 nothing leads and that is unforgivable.  I watch the Bruins again when and if they get to the Cup finals, but not before.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

In Response to Re: Almost 24 hrs later:
    36 hours later and I still am pissed.  Looking back on 2003, I was pissed until after the Red Sox beat the Yankees in 2004.  I destroyed all my Sox stuff (really).  I cursed about them all offseason.  I didn't watch them again untill the playoffs of 2004.  Am I a bad sport?; you bet I am.  I am also a very accomplished and successful individual who never made excuses for advantages I wasn't given as a kid.  I could care less who was hurt and what was expected before the playoffs.  They blew two 3 nothing leads and that is unforgivable.  I watch the Bruins again when and if they get to the Cup finals, but not before.
    Posted by powerdoc12
    Excuses for losing are simply a way of explaining failure.. there is some validity to these and they cannot be dismissed.. It's great that you have made something of yourself despite not having everything handed to you as a kid..   You have the right to not care if they have reasons for failing but in the end.. there is only one winner so all the other teams eventually are losers ( when using your logic).. but.. you have the right to your opinion..  I am sure the Bruins will deeply miss you next year when they are playing games and you refuse to watch until  they get to the cup finals.. Lastly, I don't know you but don't like you already.. no offense... Sealed 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

KREJCI WAS OUT AND WE LOST. VERY SIMPLE GET OVER IT

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Then if he starts likeing them and they lose in the finals when and if they ever get there again......and if they win or lose...... You have no right to be mad/ happy because you will have jumped on the band wagon and not followed the team. I am more pizze d off than anyone and guess what i am still gonna be a fan I try to say i am done but I know its a lie i am a lifer for the bruins maybe i need help?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from powerdoc12. Show powerdoc12's posts

In Response to Re: Almost 24 hrs later:
    In Response to Re: Almost 24 hrs later : Excuses for losing are simply a way of explaining failure.. there is some validity to these and they cannot be dismissed.. It's great that you have made something of yourself despite not having everything handed to you as a kid..   You have the right to not care if they have reasons for failing but in the end.. there is only one winner so all the other teams eventually are losers ( when using your logic).. but.. you have the right to your opinion..  I am sure the Bruins will deeply miss you next year when they are playing games and you refuse to watch until  they get to the cup finals.. Lastly, I don't know you but don't like you already.. no offense...  
    Posted by SupportLocal81

That's okay.  I stopped caring about who liked me and who didn't like me a long time ago.  PS: I don't like you either.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Almost 24 hrs later:
    I'm still pizzed off at this last game and series. Don't know about the rest of you but it is one of the biggest collapses in sports when you consider all the facts. Julien can not have been in touch with the pulse of this team. More than a few of us new Rask was tired and it was pointed out time and time again by Stanley, and even I take some of his comments with a grain of salt but he was correct in saying Rask needed a rest. I'm calling for Julien to step down or be relieved of his coaching position but it's more than likely in vain and will never happen. To me he is solely responsible for this debacle. How can he not see reality? Rask was not at his best in 3 out of the 7 games and Julien for some reason did not go to TT. He had no problem playing Thomas with making the playoffs on the line so why did he not know it was time back in game 4 to give Rask a rest? Poor coaching and timely decision making is to blame in my estimation. If Rask plays good last night we are all jumping for joy just waiting for tomorrow nights game.  
    Posted by jwb413

Personally, the season ended for me when KRECJI went down.