And its done - Thank you Toronto!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ILUVBURKE. Show ILUVBURKE's posts

And its done - Thank you Toronto!

With tonight's loss, the B's have secured 2nd to last place via Toronto.. THANK YOU BURKE!!!
    I was pleasantly surprised to learn about the #3 ranked player since we desperately need a goal scorer, hadn't read anything about him before. Still hope we get Hall!!
    See you on Tuesday night for the lottery!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Re: And its done - Thank you Toronto!

Yeah totally pumped. BTW that #3 player is Brett Connely LW and scouts actually have said that if he didn't have so many injuries this year, he could have been in the disscusion to be the first overall pick. So even if SOMEHOW a team like Florida wins the Lottery, and we move down to 3rd overall, we can still get an extremly talented goal scorer. Still, Hall should be the guy!

Let's go Chia! Bring home a summer vacation present for us :) GET TAYLOR HALL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Things definately looking good. No more having to worry about Toronto winning, like they have since the Olympic break .... at least for this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Brian Burke is the best gm the Bruins have ever had.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

anything less than either Hall or Seguin will be a letdown now....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Very happy day.  Now we have to worry about the Lottery although 2 has never won so the 2 spot is due for a win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Now a TO win over Mon and we run the table and play Buf, would be sweet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: And its done - Thank you Toronto!:
    Now a TO win over Mon and we run the table and play Buf, would be sweet.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

That's right !  I still think Canes win tomorrow against the Habs but Montreal will kill the Leafs on Saturday.  Bruins need to win 2 and go to OT or win all 3.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Hall would be ideal....Seguin might have the better career.....and i think Gudbranson could be a force for years in this league....thats my one, two, three.  I'll take any of them.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now a TO win over Mon and we run the table and play Buf, would be sweet.Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I was thinking this would be a good thing as well but I heard this stat on the radio today. In 2010 the Sabres are 29-0 when leading afte 2 periods that is insane. I've never heard of a great Stanley Cup teams having a stat like that!

This lately without Vanek and Connolly. Now I know the Bs look and play better against the Sabres compared to the Pens n Capitals but that stat is crazy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'm not to excited about Connolly, hip issues at such a young age is a red flag.  Like Tuukka mentioned, they can last a career.  He is a potent talent but at what cost.

I'll take my chances with a possible trade down to 4 or 5 for a franchise backliner and a high 2nd round stud, or Atlanta's two first's and go after Etem, Niederreitter and either Telegin, Kabanov, or Skinner with the extra mid-20's pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Hello top three pick.  Thanks, Burkie! 

Sure this season has been trying, but that lottery pick is going to make it all worthwhile.  Better than being married to Kessel and his issues for five years.  Hall would be ideal.  A sniper who has already expressed a willingess to play for the Bruins.  What more could we ask for? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I think PC looks like a genius now for trading " that guy"... not in his wildest dreams would he ever think that he would get a top 2 pick in the draft this year, and to boot next year I don't believe the Leafs will be any better, maybe slightly.. so looking at another top 3 pick .. For " that guy"  like they say in the financial world : Good return on your investment..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I'm not to excited about Connolly, hip issues at such a young age is a red flag.  Like Tuukka mentioned, they can last a career.  He is a potent talent but at what cost. I'll take my chances with a possible trade down to 4 or 5 for a franchise backliner and a high 2nd round stud, or Atlanta's two first's and go after Etem, Niederreitter and either Telegin, Kabanov, or Skinner with the extra mid-20's pick.
    Posted by bim09

hip issues are certainly a concern, but it looks like your boy came back from his.  so it is possible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Connolly injured both hips.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Connolly injured both hips.
    Posted by bim09

Both hips?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

YEP THANKS TORONTO HALL, SEGUIN, CONNOLLY,GUDBRANSON AND FROWLER will be in the NHL for the next 15 years and will be much more dominating players than KESSEL

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sure sounds to me like the top 5 picks will go right onto NHL rosters, and it sure sounds to me like picks 1 2 or 3 are going to be sure fire.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

To all the people who think that Burke is a great GM let's go back in time at the time when he trade his picks for Kessel.  In front of the media he said: « We believe that this draft will be week!! ».

All i have to say is: « We'll see about that!! ».

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

This pick if it turns out to be Seguin or Hall will be the centrepiece for this team for 10-15 years. Playoffs would be a bonus. Toronto pick will be the prize.
    Posted by mitchco98

Yeah, with O'Connell gone he won't be traded for three average guys.

Everyone wants Hall and he's a great player, but the Sequin interests me. Central scouting rated him #1. Don Cherry said EITHER player is great. Now if he knows how to put the puck in the net, we might be in business.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to
    Both hips?
    Posted by amazinglarry

Yes.  Right after one healed, he injured the other.

"Connolly has barely seen the ice for Prince George since October, and his absence has, at various points, involved the hip flexors on both sides. His target date of late January to return to the Cougars' lineup came and went, and has been pushed back to mid-February. It's troubling to us that an otherwise healthy 17-year-old has developed this type of problem so early in his career in a joint that is vitally essential for any hockey player. There is no power or agility in the skating stride without a perfectly functioning hip."  - Kyle Woodlief, USA TODAY

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I wonder if WEEI will mention this on their sports update tomorrow. Probably not. They'll probably ignore the lottery as well.

Thanks for the tank, Toronto!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

With Rask, Hall, and another prospect like that next year, I just hope Toronto will not send you our Canadian Mounted Police. loll

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

I still say Fowler is the best player in the draft but its unfortunate that the B's don't need a D-man. I've seen all the top players on multiple times and Fowler is head and shoulders above the rest.  

Sections
Shortcuts