Another early exit for jumbo Joe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Another early exit for jumbo Joe

Ducks easily beat the Sharks and win the series 4-2. While Thorton played well in game 5. He could not put up any points in game 6. Next to beating the scabs this was easily the best series of the first round. Thank you Joe for giving the Bruins home ice through out the playoffs. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Another early exit for jumbo Joe

poor guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

Joe showed up in games 5 and 6 and even won the fight.  To bad that it was too late by then.

It will now take him a couple of cups to shake the "chokes in the play-offs" tag.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I'm just glad the Bs' decision has been publicly vindicated, after all that criticism from the peanut gallery that they call the sports media.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Ducks easily beat the Sharks and win the series 4-2. While Thorton played well in game 5. He could not put up any points in game 6. Next to beating the scabs this was easily the best series of the first round. Thank you Joe for giving the Bruins home ice through out the playoffs. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino

notacryingwino, i dont know whether those are your boobs, whether you're a chick or a dude with his wife's pic as an avatar, and it doesn't matter--i just love your user name.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinsfan4life. Show BostonBruinsfan4life's posts

see you next season Jumbo Joe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

thanks Joe, the road to Stanley goes through Boston now!!

tonight we FINALLY find out our round 2 opponent. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Did you see some of the bench shots during the series? I finally got to see that familar glassy eyed - stoned out - Kiprusoff seperated at birth - who cares look on his face I had grown acustomed to as a Bruin.

The guy has proven to be an amazing player during the regular season but a no show in the playoffs again -- Six games - 1 goal 4 assists -3. Good try with the fight 2 seconds into the game last night but he had to have flashbacks of Lindros breaking his face many years ago.

The B's, after all the criticism, have parlayed that trade into something we can live with. Not sure if this swings over some of the trade bashers but I feel like many of those are the same people who called for Chara's head and also felt that Thomas was the worst goalie in the league not too long ago......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I'm just glad the Bs' decision has been publicly vindicated, after all that criticism from the peanut gallery that they call the sports media.
    Posted by BruinsUnite

Just because Joe coincidentally turned into a choke artist , doesnt change the fact that we traded him for WAAAAAAAY below market value....

Just saying...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

Drew... couldn't agree with you more. The fact that we traded Joe and that we are at the moment, among the elite clubs in the league doesn't have anything to do with the other. We traded him for very little in return.  You could say that good ole MOC does have something to do with this in that he gave TT the contract and had a hand with the acquisition of some of the talent on this team, but he still choked as bad as Joe himself when it came to trading JT. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last nite while watching the game I could not help cheering for every goal the Ducks put in.
    I just can't believe how the Sharks could not take advantage of all those turnovers in the Ducks zone (a few caused by the refs..lol).
    Joe is just a victim of circumstance,  a good player but won't lead you to the promise land. 
    BTW where was Marleau ? MIA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

Remember, MOC didn't pull the strings by himself for the JT trade... the Bruins management extends to the owner and president as well.  He wasn't behind closed doors trying to trade Joe without the knowledge of Jacobs and Sinden.  Granted the return wasn't spectacular but it freed up a lot of space for new talent to come through the organization.  MOC took the fall and thats just the way the business works.  Freeing up Joe's contract allowed the new managament to make the moves they needed and it's all worked out for the best.  Joe is a great player but you need to show consistency, desire, passion, and commitment when it comes to the playoffs and Joe, right now, doesn't know where to find that.  His fight against Getzlaf was a mere show of force that should have come out in game 1...instead he had to wait to pivotal game 6 to show that he really cared about the success of the team and at that point it was too late.  Showing up in the playoffs determines how good of a player and leader you are and clearly he has much to learn, especially when he sees the younger cup-winning Getzlaf and Perry moving on in the playoffs. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You could also look at it another way we eventually got Ference and Kobasew for Brad Stuart (Part of the original Thorton trade). Still below market value ? Yes most defenitly but there still playing and Jumbo waited too long to fight!

One day Jumbo will take and give "I just want my ring pay cut 1 year contract for nothing deal to win". MOC will always get high marks from me for putting up with the 3 stooges JJ, CJ and not wild about Harry and giving Tim Thomas a chance!

MOC saw something (great scouting) That was all TT needed and He's worth every penny! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

notacryingwino , i dont know whether those are your boobs, whether you're a chick or a dude with his wife's pic as an avatar, and it doesn't matter--i just love your user name.
    Posted by BruinsUnite

He or she isn't sure either, but he or she uses this name in honor of his or her hero Old Winesock.

And win lose or draw it was a bad trade.  The Bruins could have been contending alot sooner than this season had that idiot O'Connell gotten fair value in return. B

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Remember, MOC didn't pull the strings by himself for the JT trade... the Bruins management extends to the owner and president as well.  He wasn't behind closed doors trying to trade Joe without the knowledge of Jacobs and Sinden.  Granted the return wasn't spectacular but it freed up a lot of space for new talent to come through the organization.  MOC took the fall and thats just the way the business works.  Freeing up Joe's contract allowed the new managament to make the moves they needed and it's all worked out for the best.  Joe is a great player but you need to show consistency, desire, passion, and commitment when it comes to the playoffs and Joe, right now, doesn't know where to find that.  His fight against Getzlaf was a mere show of force that should have come out in game 1...instead he had to wait to pivotal game 6 to show that he really cared about the success of the team and at that point it was too late.  Showing up in the playoffs determines how good of a player and leader you are and clearly he has much to learn, especially when he sees the younger cup-winning Getzlaf and Perry moving on in the playoffs. 
    Posted by grego84

We could have gotten 2 first round draft picks thrown into that deal and the perception still would have been that we  were on the losing end....The Sharks also would have still made the deal, IMO....And this would have saved just as much cap room...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

You could also look at it another way we eventually got Ference and Kobasew for Brad Stuart (Part of the original Thorton trade). Still below market value ? Yes most defenitly but there still playing and Jumbo waited too long to fight! One day Jumbo will take and give "I just want my ring pay cut 1 year contract for nothing deal to win". MOC will always get high marks from me for putting up with the 3 stooges JJ, CJ and not wild about Harry and giving Tim Thomas a chance! MOC saw something (great scouting) That was all TT needed and He's worth every penny! 
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

A fair point indeed, but I still dont buy the relevance in the fact that we were able to flip stuart in a steal of a trade...Maybe if it was a three-way trade or we had the Stuart trade already in place when we made the thornton trade....But they were completely seperate events...Maybe it worked to our advantage in the end (If Koba, Ference, Sturm, (whoever we got for Primeau)) is more valuable than jumbo, but to me that doesnt change the fact that we got ripped off....

Sections
Shortcuts