Another poor decision by Julie Ann

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Another poor decision by Julie Ann

Starting Rask is a big mistake. Hope I am wrong but like baseball theres no way you start your 5th best pitcher to stop a losing streak. You throw out your ace and see what happens. Thomas is not being used as a number one should and Rask has not been sharp lately. I know everyone will say Rask played them well earlier in the year but they were not even expected to make the playoffs at that time, and at that time the Sabres had not jelled into the team they are now. Once again I am sure this poor excuse for a coach will play his hunches no matter how wrong they are. The reason he was fired by NJ and the habs was his stubborn refusal to treat his stars right and while I dont believe Jacobs will pay two fired coaches no matter if we finish last its time for him and his pathetic offense, and worn out defensive scheme to head on down the road!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Re: Another poor decision by Julie Ann

Rask is our future and i wouldn't say that the last 2 starts for Thomas were stellar efforts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Wrong marcy a rookie is not our ace and padded stats against weak teams are not impressive. Rask even managed to lose to the pathetic blue jackets at home. There has been no comparison to the competition Thomas and Rask have played. Rask plays the Ducks Thomas the sharks Rask loses Thomas beats the best team in the league. Your warped knowledge astounds me go look at who they play. Rask 3 games against the leafs, St Louis,Minn, Isles,Blue jackets. ect. While Thomas has played the Blackhawks, Flyers, Sharks, Kings, Sens,Pens and so on. So go take your warped stats and believe that Rask has proved anything this year, and his play of late has bordered on pathetic!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

10-6- is a great record against those lowly teams dont you think?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Come on folks....stick to hockey talk.

If you don't like the opinions that's one thing, but keep out the personal attacks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Rask was obvious choice to start.how many poor starts for TT in a row before Rask gets a chance?If your "ace" isn't going well you have to go with plan b.Rask has played well enough to deserve every start he gets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Tell me how many poor starts in a row Thomas has had? 2? Rask has had 4 in a row. But you can either look at the teams they play or make yourself believe Rask has been outstanding despite playing weakling teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

1 - 2 W
    2 - 3 L
    4 - 1 W
    5 - 2 L
    3 - 1 L
    3 - 4 L
    2 - 1 W
    3 - 4 O
    5 - 1 L
    3 - 2 L
    2 - 1 L
    1 - 5 L
    This month the offense has scored 3 goals twice,4 goals once. look at all the 2`s and 1`s 19 goals in 12 games is under pathetic. Now tell me goaltending is the problem here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

What happened to the $20 Million Vezina Trophy winner?!

$20 MILLION ALBATROSS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

The twenty million dollar goalie is being treated like a million dollar rookie and Julie Ann will not give him the consecutive starts needed by starting goalies to be sharp. Despite this Thomas has very respectable stats this year while not being allowed to pad them against the bottom dwellers like Rask. Bet the farm he ruins Rask when the reality of how hard it is to beat the good teams set in. Julie Ann thinks giving a veteran a week in between games is a good move? Pure stubborness and the reason why Broudour ran him out of New Jersey!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

Tim Thomas pulled 3 times in his last 7 starts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

I think Thomas and maybe more players are just showing frustration with Julien's worthless offensive mind and system.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Rask should get more starts so he doesn't get rusty and Tuukka gets more used to being in the thick of the playoff race or tight checking intense games.

Thomas is better right now but Rask needs to play just in case Timmay gets hurt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

notacryingwino You must'nt have been watching the King's, Ranger's or Lightning's game.

Thomas is a nightmare.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Rask is the right call tonight.  Some player play better against certains teams and i always thought it does not make sense but it is like that and Rask plays well against them so it is the right call!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Thomas has been awful since San jose.sounds like you are a crying wino if you can't see that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

Both goalies have been less than stellar lately however i do believe that for whatever reason the team has performed better in front of Rask this season. Also, Julien used the same goalie philosophy last season with Thomas and Manny and it seemed to work really well, so well in fact that they captured the Jennings trophy for best goaltending duo. Now i can't blame Julien for trying the same thing this year having upgraded at the position, even if you don't like Rask or havent been impressed with his play, i think you gotta admitt that he's a better goalie than Manny Fernandez. Rask is the future of this team wheather you like it or not so he needs playing time in the NHL and needs to know that the coaching staff has confidence in him even if his play has been poor lately, not to mention that they are playing back-to-back games tonight and tomorrow so it's not uncommon to give each goalie a start in that situation.

Having said all that, I personally would have started Thomas tonight in the thought that he would feel he had something to prove since they are playing Buffalo and his olympic teammate Ryan Miller

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

So Playing the Goalie who has the higher winning %, the lower GA and higher SV% is a mistake.  The only mistake is your faith in a 35 year old back up goalie who chokes under pressure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I will will disagree on your Julien comments but I'll respect your thoughts.  I've already said why I don't think the BRUINS will fire Julien.
    WHAT I DO AGREE is that tonite is an important game and your number1 should be in net. Also believe that Thomas would love they challenge to show how he can be as good as the number1 for team U.S.A. .
    Putting the pressure on this kid might be a mistake unless Thomas is hurt or is no longer your number1.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

When Thomas was injured. Rask has replaced him. He did not choose the teams he has faced and did very well. Tuka, Good luck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

By starting RASK tonight, CJ issues challenges to both goaltenders.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Two goals allowed on the first eight shots. Has not won in the month of January. Put his team in a hole early on a weak goal. I rest my case another mistake by Julie Ann not to start his all star netminder, as his offensive scheme fails to produce more then a goal. Wheres the out cry that would of followed had Thomas played this same game? Five shots against in the third so dont tell me how well he played then. Really its simple a NHL starter beat a rookie netminder tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Everyone would have beaten the Bruins tonight

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

i would have fired cj back in december

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

Can the GM and the coach.  Trade this player, trade that player! 

We haven't won a champsionship since 1971.  39 year drought and counting.  Ask yourself the very simple question!  What has been the one consistent factor in those 39 years ?   Can't blame 39 years on bad luck, bad players, bad coaches and bad GMs.  Players, coaches, GM come and go.   One consistent factor remains throughout!!   We're delusional!