Another soft goal gets past Rask!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: Another soft goal gets past Rask!

Shouldn't only the final score matter?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

He lets in 1 freakin goal that went in off the post, and your complaining?!?!?!?!?

Tuukka was a main reason why we won!

Keep up the good work Tuuk!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Rask is outstanding and we are VERY VERY VERY lucky to have him. Lock him up for the next 15 years. This guy will be in the HOF some day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: Another soft goal gets past Rask!:
    In Response to Re: Another soft goal gets past Rask! : I'd rather you not post anymore and stay in Jeresy.
    Posted by UCONN

ouch !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

This is ridiculous.  B's win the game - Versus is going through the fact that Finland is the home of the goaltender: Niemi (chi) vs. Rinne (nas) in one series.  Rask is Finnish.  There's Kiprussoff - Finnish.  Kari Lehtonen (atl), yeah he's been injury prone and not so great but still a first round pick...

To say Rask was "soft" - ridiculous!!  One goal, the team won 2-1... looks like he did his job.

Trolls are one thing.  Idiots are another.  Learn the difference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

I can't say that was a soft goal, you have a millisecond to react and it was a great shot but I've seen Rask get beaten a few times just like that....all in all I wouldn't post a complaint about that goal, he's been really solid otherwise.

I hate "bruce cantsingstein", guess the only good thing that's come out of NJ for me is my best friend Tom.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Some yahoo starts a silly post just to get people upset, and some of you take the bait.
    Just ignore the fool. Rask & the rest of the bruins are  playing good hockey. They won tonight, and Montreal lost. Life is good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Look, we all love Rask, but can we also keep it real?  Tuukka should have had that one.  If TT had let that one in, he would have been showered with boos. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

It was a great shot and Boychuk was out of position to let Grier get in. Tuukka was awesome the rest of the game :-)

TT would have save it save it though. (LOL! Just messing).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Another soft goal gets past Rask!:
    Grier? Are you serious? I wouldn't count on him to score on a drunken sorority girl. Now we have had the better chances and we were looking good... I hope this team can bounce back.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Soft goal ???????? Did the puck not hit the inside of the post ???? Sometimes you have to give the goal scorer credit for a well placed shot whether it's Grier or Ovechkin doing the shooting.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mironov. Show Mironov's posts

Chill out, guys. It's the playoffs anything can happend, even wideman had a goal. And that Grier's goal looked like Grier really wanted the puck there, and i do not blame Rask for that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

People are a bit neurotic when it comes to goaltending. Even if this was a soft goal (which i don't think it was), it's part of the game. You have to learn to accept that like a bad inning for a pitcher. Law of averages etc.

Even for a guy like Rask, who plays the butterfly-i.e. high percentage positioning- he's going to let in his fair share of soft goals over the course of a career.

It's just that every goalie lets in soft goals--Roy, Brodeur, Luongo, Fuhr--it doesn't mean they're bad or necessarily playing poorly. Its often a fluke and sometimes just a instantaneous lapse of concentration.

Sometimes even, a soft goal is a blessing in disguise. Lots of goalies, after letting in a soft-goal, it lights a fire under their rear-end and they play much better.

Whatever though. Its o.k. to have high expectations in the playoffs, which I think the original poster had. But since we are still learning about Rask, and haven't seen him respond to pressure before--lets give him the benefit of doubt and see how he rebounds from it (which is always more important than the goal itself). From what I've seen he has great composure.

Late in the game, Rask was squaring up so many pucks that he couldnt even see. That is all-world type of talent when your opponents are hitting you in the chest when it matters most. Especially for a butterfly goalie. He made it look easy late in the game.

rant over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

32 saves, 1GA End of Story.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

You took the words right out of mouth...this guy is a meathead...Rask has out played Miller so far

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Bruinfaninnewjersey  put down the crack pipe and take off the beer goggles. Anytime someonehits the inside of the post and the puck goes in it is almost impossible to stop.  Rask showing no signs of folding up and has great game composure.  Just what the doctor ordered. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

Bruinfaninnewjersey - Get a frikkin' clue.  Do us a favor and go over to the Devils' blog....   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackNGoldBlood. Show BlackNGoldBlood's posts

The title of this post should be:  Another dumb post by Joiseyboy! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Rask has been solid and we are up one because of him and the Bruins need no negitivity from anyone. The Bruins could very easily be up 3-0 and have played great. I don't think Rask has let in any softies and the Bruins are in great shape to win this series and Rask can do that for us. Wait til the end of the season to be negitive now we just cheer them on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mironov. Show Mironov's posts

Rask has been solid and we are up one because of him and the Bruins need no negitivity from anyone. The Bruins could very easily be up 3-0 and have played great. I don't think Rask has let in any softies and the Bruins are in great shape to win this series and Rask can do that for us. Wait til the end of the season to be negitive now we just cheer them on.
    Posted by brunod

Listen to the truth. Good post.