Anyone hear this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Anyone hear this?

About midway through the second period Ottawa has good pressure in the Boston zone. Spezza gets a turnaround wrister and thomas makes an acrobatic save.

Jack Edwards is really hyped up and lets out this gem.
    "Alfredsson in the Corner Derp Da Out Front to SPEZZA TURN AROUND DERFR DERP THOMAS WITH THE CHINEESE LEG SPLITS  What a save!!!"

Hahaha I had to pause the game and laugh for a few minutes lol. Wth are Chineese leg splits??? I love Jack homer announcers are awesome but sometimes he is kind of embarrassing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Anyone hear this?

As an announcer you have to pump up your fans a little and create your niche "D to D" quips if that means being goofy sometimes like jack is more power to him.

I suggest you listen to or watch Calgary's, Edmonton's, Colorado's, Dallas's or the Ducks's play by play sometime. If you don't fall asleep you will be reaching for your remote looking for CSpan in a jiffy guaranteed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone hear this?:
    As an announcer you have to pump up your fans a little and create your niche "D to D" quips if that means being goofy sometimes like jack is more power to him. I suggest you listen to or watch Calgary's, Edmonton's, Colorado's, Dallas's or the Ducks's play by play sometime. If you don't fall asleep you will be reaching for your remote looking for CSpan in a jiffy guaranteed.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Yeah I totally get what Jack does and I said thats what makes him awesome. But some of these lines are just like "lol wut?"  It doesnt happen that often and when it does Brickley keeps him check but you still gotta laugh about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I heard that and immediately wondered what the f Chinese leg splits were.

It's great the Bruins are playing as well as they are and drowning out what ever Jack has to say.

BTW, the brown teeth are really really nasty.  Honestly, it's grossing me out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

As an announcer you have to pump up your fans a little and create your niche "D to D" quips if that means being goofy sometimes like jack is more power to him. I suggest you listen to or watch Calgary's, Edmonton's, Colorado's, Dallas's or the Ducks's play by play sometime. If you don't fall asleep you will be reaching for your remote looking for CSpan in a jiffy guaranteed.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

OMG! The Flames announcer on CTV Roger's SPORTSNET! He's dreadful! I'll take Jack Edwards with Black teeth over that guy! lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

SanDog, Don't forget Minnesota.  Those guys are audio sleep aids.  Anyone with sleep issues should record Wild games and play them back when they're having trouble falling asleep. 

And when it comes to homer yahoo play-by-play announcers, Rick Jeannerette (sp?) takes the cake.  At least Jack has Brick to help reel him in when he gets too homer-ish.  Jeannerette's sidekick eggs him on. 

It is funny when Jack gets so excited that he stumbles over his words.  "Chinese splits".  LOL 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I can see how he bothers some, but you definitely need to get center ice and watch some of the other teams.....trust me there is much much worse.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

I can see how he bothers some, but you definitely need to get center ice and watch some of the other teams.....trust me there is much much worse.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Agreed, he used to bother me until I started paying attetion to the other anouncers.  He really is not that bad and Brick is a great color man, the duo work perfectly together.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I think a few of you missed the point Jack is a great announcer.

Chineese leg splits lol! Is that racist? haha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone hear this? : OMG! The Flames announcer on CTV Roger's SPORTSNET! He's dreadful! I'll take Jack Edwards with Black teeth over that guy! lol
    Posted by nitemare-38

Paul Steigerweld and Bob Errey.... now you wanna talk about homers. Errey has to to be the most annoying color guy in all of sports. I allways liked Mike Lange, but these two are dreadful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Since you mentioned the Flames, Jack has always reminded me of the legendary Flames (and Stampede Wrestling) commentator Ed Whalen. Very similar over-the-top styles, though I think Ed pulled it off better. Flames games have not been the same since he died.

"It's gonna be a wing-a-ding-a-dong dandy"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I like th NESN coverage.  Being from mtl and watching a lot of games from a lot of diffrent teams i personnaly have to say that NESN is one of the best in my opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Joe Bowen and Jim Ralph do the games on the radio for the Leafs. These two guys combined are the worst hockey commentators on the planet. This Bowen guy's trademark is "Holy Mackinaw" every time I hear it I want to slash up. Jim Ralph is brutal too. All he does the whole game is talk about how bad the refs are. The refs miss every infraction against the Leafs and every call against the Leafs is a bad call. Jack Edwards and Andy Brickly are a thousand times better than these two clowns.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I watch on Center Ice and have to watch a lot of other teams, and NESN is definitely superior to most. I would definitely watch it over any non-Canadian hockey broadcast if given the choice. Edwards and Brickley are a great combo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

The "Chinese Split" is just the type of split when you are standing straight up and your legs go out to the sides.  Nothing racist about it.

I used to absolutely HATE Jack because I REALLY liked Dale and thought he got ran out of the job because of his complaining (about Jacobs basically) and just really hated Jack from ESPN, coupled with the fact that I absolutely hate Brickley, it wasnt a good switch for me.  I still dont like him much, but he is growing on me more and more.  The only thing I still REALLY hate, is how I can never tell what team is the home team.  An announcer should show emotion towards "their" team, and shouldnt be all pumped up when the opponents score, which is Jack.  Other than that, I like his enthusiasm because, as has been pointed out, MANY other announcers will lull you to sleep (they are HORRIBLY boring), or like CBC, HORRIBLY one-sided.  Jack doesnt do too bad a job, but I still cant stand all the "Gretzkys office, half boards, handcuffed, saucer pass", etc., stuff he uses non stop.  But, it could be much, MUCH worse:  We could have Dave Shea and Brickley again. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

As long as Kathryn Tappen sticks around, NESN has a good hockey broadcast hahaaa!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

cant stand Jack Edwards. I think Brickley is going to KO him one of these days.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Brickley couldn't KO anything...I still think he's a bit of a Pittsburgh homer...
    I like them both more than I used to, but I grew up on Cusick and Pearson...now, they were the best!
    cant stand Jack Edwards. I think Brickley is going to KO him one of these days.
    Posted by mattymcgee55

Sections
Shortcuts