Anyone remember the 2003-04 playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Anyone remember the 2003-04 playoffs?

If so, please remind the Bruins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Anyone remember the 2003-04 playoffs?

seriously... the Game 5 blowout loss was the turning point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I don't want to remember.........and we better not see a repeat!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

They have to show desperation in the first and take a damm lead!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

they came out flat and again allowed the sabers to score the1st goal if they blow game six it most  definatly be a repeat of the 0304 playoffs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Game six is this years game seven.  If they lose Monday they are done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

How could I ever forget.. the sight of Jumbo Joe smiling and laughing with Theodore when shaking hands after it was all done ... Still wonder why he isn't here?  I will never forget that moment.. And I am not alone, Harry didn't forget it either..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Here's hoping the two days off gives them a chance to refocus.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone remember the 2003-04 playoffs?:
    They have to show desperation in the first and take a damm lead!!
    Posted by lucaooo

Key word "desperation."  Tonight, none in the first 40 minutes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Okay, had a chance to calm down now... but I've watched the highlights and they don't look good for our team. Had the Bruins at least played a little more physical and not given up the last goal maybe they could have a little respect. As it stand though, we have given confidence to a beaten down team. If they win in our building, get the golf clubs out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

We'll be OK this time around...we don't have Joe Thornton.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

yea I remember. Game 5 & 6 Raycroft was brutal! Game 7 he rebounded, but the B's couldn't beat Theodore. Rask wasn't as sharp tonite as he was the first 4 games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

2004 by you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I've been posting about the '04 playoffs ever since the B's won Game 4. The similarities are scary: Both had the B's up 3 games to 1 after a dramatic sudden death goal won Game 4...both B's teams featured a hot young goalie who looked un-beatable--then was. The only major difference is that this time a Game 7 would be away not on home ice like '04 was.

Look, this shouldn't be too unexpected. Buffalo was playing desperate, emotion-filled hockey to save their lives and they have the best goalie in the league (no offense, Tuuka). The biggest problem was once again falling behind early. You can't keep giving up the first (and especially 2nd) goal and expect to keep coming back against a team w/a goalie who may be the best in the world.

Here's something I would do to give an extra jolt to the B's in Game 6 if I were Julien: Suit up Savvard and put him out ONLY on the Power Play. You get the Willis Reed effect, automatic emotional lift, Savvy's natural talent might lead to a goal, and you have little risk of him getting popped b/c of the defensive position the Sabres are in trying to prevent a goal.

I agree with this much, that posters here have said: Game 6 IS Game 7 for the Bruins. If they lose Monday, there's no way they're winning Game 7 in Buffalo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Krejci started out great had some chances just not a finnisher.Ference could have made plays on Buffalos first two goals.Lucic was slow to every play.Sturm wow ! time to watch a game from the stands.Sobotka was targeted looked a little intimidated last night.I think Rask,Chara ,Krejci,Bergeron,Boyckuck,Recchi, and Paille gave a playoff effort last night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't think Savard is cleared to play is he? Even so, that's taking a big risk with a guy you just signed as one of your go-to guys (meaning big money!)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Savard has been cleared for contact.  He would just need to meet with the docs prior to the game.  Trust me if he's ready to go now is the time!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone remember the 2003-04 playoffs?:
    Savard has been cleared for contact.  He would just need to meet with the docs prior to the game.  Trust me if he's ready to go now is the time!!
    Posted by lucaooo

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Why being so afraid , be confident  ,  If theHabs traumatized you in 04, it's time to forget it was 6 years ago!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

how many players from 2004 are here ?