anyone think savvy is unliked in the lockerroom, or there is behind the scenes controversy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

anyone think savvy is unliked in the lockerroom, or there is behind the scenes controversy?

Savvy can play, we all know that.  He is the most proven offensive threat the B's have right now.

He plays 2 ways, and shows emotion, grit and effort.

I think that after last yrs line change blunder, and maybe some controversy we don't know about is the reason the rumors are flying and the reason we may think Savvys on the chopping block.

There has to be more under consideration besides Savvys on ice performance?

Personally I like him, he is one of my favorite B's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: anyone think savvy is unliked in the lockerroom, or there is behind the scenes controversy?

Suggesting that he shows "grit" removes my ability to answer your question because I stopped reading.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Re: anyone think savvy is unliked in the lockerroom, or there is behind the scenes controversy?

Haven't we about beatin' the crap out of this topic by now? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

Not-a-shot.....

Examples!!! You dont think he tries?  He plays physical for a playmaker/scorer.

And I have not read 1 artical about what may be going on behind the scenes..

both of you have no speculation on the subjust... anyone can give a wisea** answer to a question and not-a-shot is notorious for those.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: anyone think savvy is unliked in the lockerroom, or there is behind the scenes controversy?:
    Not-a-shot..... Examples!!! You dont think he tries?  He plays physical for a playmaker/scorer. And I have not read 1 artical about what may be going on behind the scenes.. both of you have no speculation on the subjust... anyone can give a wisea** answer to a question and not-a-shot is notorious for those.
    Posted by Mattyb9977

I stand by my first response.  That horse is so beaten he can barely stand to drink a beer at Sully's Tap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

In Response to Re: anyone think savvy is unliked in the lockerroom, or there is behind the scenes controversy?:
    In Response to Re: anyone think savvy is unliked in the lockerroom, or there is behind the scenes controversy? : I stand by my first response.  That horse is so beaten he can barely stand to drink a beer at Sully's Tap.
    Posted by BruinsCountry

Bruinscountry---Show me a link?  I would love to read it...cant find one

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not-a-shot..... Examples!!! You dont think he tries?  He plays physical for a playmaker/scorer. And I have not read 1 artical about what may be going on behind the scenes.. both of you have no speculation on the subjust... anyone can give a wisea** answer to a question and not-a-shot is notorious for those.
    Posted by Mattyb9977

No, I don't think he plays physical.  I the he avoids contact, curls away instead of throwing a check, whines to the refs, stays down too long and every time there is a serious altercation, he refuses to drop his gloves.  He'll throw punches with his glove on, but if he's challenged, he'll turtle.  Watch the incident with Andrew Alberts for more on that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Here's a couple of links for starters:

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/gasper/2010/06/under_marc_sava.html

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9528Discussion%3af3dd6dc8-5a91-4763-b729-ca75bc743c9c

Go back to pages 4-10 of this forum for more threads discussing Savard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

I wasn't going to bother.  Thank you Mutant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I dunno what the real issue is, but I have to note that his Black and Gold teammates really didn't stand up for the guy when Cooke nearly took his head off last season.

If Savard was really respected by his teammates, one would think that they would have responded immediately and spontaneously rather than in the delayed and somewhat contrived manner in which they did only after they realized that the incident had tarnished the team's reputation.

Personally, I find the guy kind of yappy and selfish so, maybe, that's part of the problem, right there.

Just my $0.02 on the matter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

I'm also curious about this.

Was he always disliked before the new contract?

If so, why would Bs sign him to a long term contract if that was the case?

OR, did it happen all of a sudden since he signed the new deal?

If so, what could have caused the dislike?

BTW, I don't buy the "blaming Vladdy for 7th game too many men on ice"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

If someone else was blindsided like he was, maybe Paille or Satan, then Savard would've been one of the first to get in there and start pounding the guy who did it. Grit doesn't mean fighting. He's always willing to stand up for his teammates, whether they like him or not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

I agree with B&G24, 

Find and review the film of the Dallas game in 2009 and see for yourself who the first Bs player was that came to his teammates aid.  

This notion that no one stuck up for Savvy on the Cooke hit because he is disliked is pure bunk or it should be in my view.  If he's a team mate help regardless if you like him or not, be a BRUINS TEAM for goodness sake! If your a team, your a team that's it!

Even if you don't like your mate you help simply because he is a teammate ..you know the "one for all and all for one" type of stuff, not the "ME for the mates I like and the mates I like for ME" type of stuff.

If we have Bs that will only help the mates they like, then they are the ones that need to go.  

This says more to me about the culture of last yrs team that is coming from its leaders. I'm sure the rest of the of the league knew they could take liberties on the BRUINS TEAM, just pick one of BRUINS that is disliked by his mates and no one will help him--that's sure a "BRUINS TEAM" that's tough to play against!   

There were many instances that the Bs didn't come to the aid of their mates that involved many others besides Savvy, and in many they didn't even defend themselfs last year.  This is a team character and coaching style matter.

Savvy at his size will and has stuck up for his mates, he's more of an agitator than a hitter so I don't expect him to go hard into corners with 200 lb + guys but that's OK in my book h'll get under the skin of the opponents---he just needs has back covered by his mates.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree with B&G24,  Find and review the film of the Dallas game in 2009 and see for yourself who the first Bs player was that came to his teammates aid.   This notion that no one stuck up for Savvy on the Cooke hit because he is disliked is pure bunk or it should be in my view.  If he's a team mate help regardless if you like him or not, be a BRUINS TEAM for goodness sake! If your a team, your a team that's it! Even if you don't like your mate you help simply because he is a teammate ..you know the "one for all and all for one " type of stuff, not the "ME for the mates I like and the mates I like for ME" type of stuff. If we have Bs that will only help the mates they like, then they are the ones that need to go.   This says more to me about the culture of last yrs team that is coming from its leaders. I'm sure the rest of the of the league knew they could take liberties on the BRUINS TEAM, just pick one of BRUINS that is disliked by his mates and no one will help him--that's sure a "BRUINS TEAM" that's tough to play against!    There were many instances that the Bs didn't come to the aid of their mates that involved many others besides Savvy, and in many they didn't even defend themselfs last year.  This is a team character and coaching style matter. Savvy at his size will and has stuck up for his mates, he's more of an agitator than a hitter so I don't expect him to go hard into corners with 200 lb + guys but that's OK in my book h'll get under the skin of the opponents---he just needs has back covered by his mates.  
    Posted by mxx

Savard is by no means an agitator.  The only penalties he draws are when he's lying on the ice too long.  He doesn't get under anyone's skin.  Do you watch Bruins games?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

NAS,

Crap, you caught me, your right ----- I don't watch the bruins games, sh*t I got the Bs games confused with the revolution games!

NAS, help me learn .... please, please help me see the light and share your unmatched insight and wisdom, please tell me what should I see and think--- I'm lost master ... where do the Bs play? and what channel are they broadcast on? --- I'm eager and want to learn.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

moving Savard is all business.  When they signed him in december (although I didn't like the contract when it was signed), they had no clue that Toronto's 1st rounder would end up becoming the 2nd overall, and thus the best center in the draft, Tyler Seguin.  This team's strength is far and away at center.

If you are a fan, you have to ask yourself a question: Do you want Savard, Krejci, or Bergeron on this team next season?  IF it is me, I want both Krejci and Bergeron before Savard.  Keep in mind, both Chara and Bergeron need to be signed, not to mention Seguin's cap hit will be in the $3 MIL range.  The Bruins need cap space, and if PC wasn't so generous maybe they'd be able to keep Savard.  But, like Kobasew's trade last year, this is purely financial.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Joe Haggerty has a article in CSNNE.com where he quotes PC as saying this about Savard in the locker room:

"[Savard] is good in the locker room, he's funny, he's quick-witted . . . If there's speculation on Savard, it's because we've acquired a guy [Seguin] who's going to be a premier center or winger," said Chiarelli on WEEI. "That's where it all stems from and the rest [of the rumors around Savard] just grows and mushrooms."

Doesn't seem like Savard is a problem with his teamates. Shaunk has it right, if Savard is being traded, it's business and business only.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NAS savard definitely gets under peoples skins, he chirps. he is like a sean avery but much more offensive skill. also he does have grit, as many ppl stated he came to help his teammates when they needed help on a dirty hit or whatnot. also he isnt a player to drop the gloves, every player has their own style and he doesnt wanna drop the gloves because he knows he will hurt the team being in the box for 5 minutes and maybe in the locker room with an injury so dont go off and bashing savard. he has done a great job here in the hub and if he stays im very excited to see him play with horton and lucic but if he goes then thanks savvy for the great 3/4 yrs dont remember how long its been, but its been a pleasure seein him play.
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09

I have watched almost every game the guy has played in a Boston jersey.  Agitators drive their opponents to the brink and make them take stupid penalties trying to retaliate.  Savard does not drive people nuts.

If he's not going to drop the gloves and go, then he should refrain from throwing punches. He's a coward.  He attacks players from behind with his gloves on and then turtles or runs away when the going gets tough.

In this clip:  Alberts lays one on Sturm.  Savard rushes in to help his teammate.  He throws a few cross checks into Alberts back (real manly) and then a few punches to the back of Alberts head.  When Alberts stands up and addresses Savard, down he goes in his best Claude Lemieux turtle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1UMHWKySE

Go to 1:27 for the slow-mo.

I'm sure someone is going to say, "Well, at least he got in there!"  An old lady swinging her purse at a guy robbing a fruit stand got in there too.  I just wouldn't want her on my hockey team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Savard might not be the best brawler on the Bruins but sure can take a bite out of the opposition with his style!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Media and reporters trying to run with a story. Boston media think very high of them selves ala KPD thinking he has something to do with running Kessel n Thornton out of town.

There's a division on this board one that thinks Krejci is better and should have the most ice time as the #1 center in Boston. Then there's posters who think Savard shouldn't be removed from the worst offensive team in the NHL and has earned his #1 centerman status on the Bruins with stats to back it up.

No controversy in my book

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I'm also curious about this. Was he always disliked before the new contract? If so, why would Bs sign him to a long term contract if that was the case? OR, did it happen all of a sudden since he signed the new deal? If so, what could have caused the dislike? BTW, I don't buy the "blaming Vladdy for 7th game too many men on ice"
    Posted by mxx

These are fair questions, given the scuttlebutt that has circulated, since the mention of this possible trade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Joe Haggerty has a article in CSNNE.com where he quotes PC as saying this about Savard in the locker room: "[Savard] is good in the locker room, he's funny, he's quick-witted . . . If there's speculation on Savard, it's because we've acquired a guy [Seguin] who's going to be a premier center or winger," said Chiarelli on WEEI. "That's where it all stems from and the rest [of the rumors around Savard] just grows and mushrooms." Doesn't seem like Savard is a problem with his teamates. Shaunk has it right, if Savard is being traded, it's business and business only.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

What's Chiarelli going to say?  "Hey, that guy, let me tell you, he is like, you know, the worst possible guy I've ever seen in the locker room.  Everybody hates him.  He's all me, me, me, me, me.   You see how he tried to blame Vladdy for that too many men penalty?  What a girl.  I used to tell him:  You have to hold yourself accountable, ya know?  He doesn't listen.  All he listens to is Marc Savard.  The guy praises himself in the mirror for cripe's sakes.  Can't wait to get rid of him, but that contract I gave him is just killing anything.  Nobody wants him.  Nobody likes him.  I sort of wish he'd just retire."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

In Response to Re: anyone think savvy is unliked in the lockerroom, or there is behind the scenes controversy? : What's Chiarelli going to say?  "Hey, that guy, let me tell you, he is like, you know, the worst possible guy I've ever seen in the locker room.  Everybody hates him.  He's all me, me, me, me, me.   You see how he tried to blame Vladdy for that too many men penalty?  What a girl.  I used to tell him:  You have to hold yourself accountable, ya know?  He doesn't listen.  All he listens to is Marc Savard.  The guy praises himself in the mirror for cripe's sakes.  Can't wait to get rid of him, but that contract I gave him is just killing anything.  Nobody wants him.  Nobody likes him.  I sort of wish he'd just retire."
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS  (lighten up, Francis ---- what are u the fan forum police?) 

If what your are implying is an accurate description of how Chia feels now, then he should resign right now for being a big darn fool and not looking into these matters before he offered Savvy a 7yr deal with a NTC a few months ago.

oh ya, and Savvy saying something about poor Vladdy in the darn heat of the moment of a historic 3-0/0-3 collapse when they also had a 3-0 lead in 7th game --- ya Savvy should have be shot and then hanged by the neck for venting like that. Gee, he should have been as passive as Chara was about making that kind of history.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Hey NAS,

I wanted to ask, were you a hall monitor or a patrol boy grade school? You remind me of someone I knew. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

If the old lady at the fruit stand can score 90 points she can play on my team. I guess you must have really hated Grets, the feeblest man in the history of the game, but he had players back him up or he would never have put up his points, he new he never needed to throw em and when he did (twice I think-the old lady would have beat him) he always had someone backing him so he didn't lose his purse.

His agitating and chirping is more the reason he wasn't invited to team Canada last year than anything, just ask Syd et al.

Sections
Shortcuts