Anyone watch opening ceremonies of leafs habs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Anyone watch opening ceremonies of leafs habs?

I put this on another thread and I tried to google the news for it, but nothing.

I was watching on a wobbly feed on athde and caught some of the pregame ceremony.

Did I really see:
    Did Phaneuf aggressively win the ceremonial puck drop?
    And then did he refuse to shake Gionta's hand?

Did I really see that?  If so, is he like, the biggest ask hole on the planet or what?

If that happened, that's really low class IMO.  Thin line between being a legit tough guy and just a plain jerk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Re: Anyone watch opening ceremonies of leafs habs?

If that did happen I missed it because I was too busy laughing hysterically at the Cheesy pro-canadian stuff. "The ice is made with water, water from CANADA WOW" if you missed that I laughed so hard. That and Phil getting the biggest cheer and his snarky smile when he heard it. It was like a trainwreck i couldnt turn away from.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone watch opening ceremonies of leafs habs?:
    [QUOTE]If that did happen I missed it because I was too busy laughing hysterically at the Cheesy pro-canadian stuff. "The ice is made with water, water from CANADA WOW" if you missed that I laughed so hard. That and Phil getting the biggest cheer and his snarky smile when he heard it. It was like a trainwreck i couldnt turn away from.
    Posted by SeguinMyTime[/QUOTE]

The thing with Kessel was weird.  Schenn got booed, forgot who else did.  Kessel looked really somber, but when they cheered he laughed and looked relieved.  That was just plain weird.  Looked he was expecting to get booed.

Canadian water in Toronto.  Go figure.  And then Johhny Bower was just ill conceived.  I'm not that dumb, but I didn't get it, maybe because I was watching on athde.  I think they should have anounced who it was, should have made some voice over about the girl fishing water out of all the lakes, like maybe who she was? 

So she collects like 50 vials of water from all over Canada.  So why is she dumping one vial on to center ice?  Who was she and why was she doing this, is there a water shortage in Toronto or something?

Or the best idea would have been to skip the whole thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone watch opening ceremonies of leafs habs? : The thing with Kessel was weird.  Schenn got booed, forgot who else did.  Kessel looked really somber, but when they cheered he laughed and looked relieved.  That was just plain weird.  Looked he was expecting to get booed. Canadian water in Toronto.  Go figure.  And then Johhny Bower was just ill conceived.  I'm not that dumb, but I didn't get it, maybe because I was watching on athde.  I think they should have anounced who it was, should have made some voice over about the girl fishing water out of all the lakes, like maybe who she was?  So she collects like 50 vials of water from all over Canada.  So why is she dumping one vial on to center ice?  Who was she and why was she doing this, is there a water shortage in Toronto or something? Or the best idea would have been to skip the whole thing.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I don't think Schenn was being booed, they were chanting Luke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yeah, it was pretty cheesey,  the "This ice was made with water from right here".  REALLY!!??  WoW!!!!!!!  I thought it came from Saudi Arabia.

Phil was funny, but I think the smile was because he was thinking "When my contract is up, Im SOOOOO out of here....if not SOONER! HA"  And they werent booing, they were "Luuuuuuukkee" ing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone watch opening ceremonies of leafs habs? : The thing with Kessel was weird.  Schenn got booed, forgot who else did.  Kessel looked really somber, but when they cheered he laughed and looked relieved.  That was just plain weird.  Looked he was expecting to get booed. Canadian water in Toronto.  Go figure.  And then Johhny Bower was just ill conceived.  I'm not that dumb, but I didn't get it, maybe because I was watching on athde.  I think they should have anounced who it was, should have made some voice over about the girl fishing water out of all the lakes, like maybe who she was?  So she collects like 50 vials of water from all over Canada.  So why is she dumping one vial on to center ice?  Who was she and why was she doing this, is there a water shortage in Toronto or something? Or the best idea would have been to skip the whole thing.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Haha too funny bad hab who is this mysterious canadian mountain women water gatherer?

And yeah they were going "Luuuuuuuuuuuuuukeeee"

Why did you use athd? If you have cable the games were brodcast on the NHL Center Ice network.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I thought the water collecting girl was going to lead into some joke...... unfortunately I was wrong. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

My favorite part was Cherry's suit.  I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it.  It was a little colorful even for Don.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Damn it, I wish I lived in a country capable of freezing water that has been collected from within their own territories!  To hell with putting a man on the moon -- I want domestically tapped water sources and the capability to reduce the temperature of that water as to transform from liquid to solid state!

What...?...we can do that too??  What an age we live in.  U S A.  U S A.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBruin. Show CanadianBruin's posts

They had Leafs alumni from each province attend the ceremony, and gathered water from across the country to pour onto the ice. I think they would do something like that because there are Leaf fans in every province. I agree it was stupid, but expecting a good pre game ceremony isn’t smart either. Next time, watch the baseball game until puck drop. I did like seeing former Bruin Forbes Kennedy in attendance though. One of the toughest Bruins of all time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Damn it, I wish I lived in a country capable of freezing water that has been collected from within their own territories!  To hell with putting a man on the moon -- I want domestically tapped water sources and the capability to reduce the temperature of that water as to transform from liquid to solid state! What...?...we can do that too??  What an age we live in.  U S A.  U S A.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch you sarcastic SOB! beat me to it! too funny!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]They had Leafs alumni from each province attend the ceremony, and gathered water from across the country to pour onto the ice. I think they would do something like that because there are Leaf fans in every province. I agree it was stupid, but expecting a good pre game ceremony isn’t smart either. Next time, watch the baseball game until puck drop. I did like seeing former Bruin Forbes Kennedy in attendance though. One of the toughest Bruins of all time.
    Posted by CanadianBruin[/QUOTE]

Open ceremonys in Toronto are never that great (I always skip them).  Montreal seems to do a much better job.

Forbes Kennedy!  I'm showing my age a bit, but wasn't it Forbes who got his clocked cleaned by a number of Bruins during the playoffs in the early 1970s?  I even seem to remember Gerry Cheevers getting in the act.  I vividedly remember the leafs getting hammered 10-0 the 1st two games of the series, and then eventually lost in 4 straight.  Brutal, brutal leaf team (Gambles was in net, I think).

I also think it was the same series that Quinn leveled Orr and caused all that controversy.  Man, that was some Boston team back then.

Who knew it was a harbinger of future leaf teams.........now you brought be down CanadianBruin........Cry

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Sorry to spoil the fun.  NHL Gamecenter has the whole darned thing up, and I just skimmed through it.  Took forever to find the faceoff.  Phaneuf won, but it looked like the sort of thing that was agreed-upon beforehand.  I don't think Gionta even flinched.

I think they shake hands last, but it is right when they zoom in on Phaneuf for a close up so you can't even see their hands on camera, but Gionta was there and I think the only one left.  I am pretty sure I would have missed that without being able to watch it over and over, even in good quality.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Fans cheered Kessel because they appreciate his goals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone watch opening ceremonies of leafs habs? : Haha too funny bad hab who is this mysterious canadian mountain women water gatherer? And yeah they were going "Luuuuuuuuuuuuuukeeee" Why did you use athd? If you have cable the games were brodcast on the NHL Center Ice network.
    Posted by SeguinMyTime[/QUOTE]

now ya tell me.  how was I supposed to know they were having a free preview?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Heh, well i figured most hockey fans go to NHL.com or TSN.Com atleast once a day and they had it plastered all over the place. I saw a TV commercial too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]They had Leafs alumni from each province attend the ceremony, and gathered water from across the country to pour onto the ice. I think they would do something like that because there are Leaf fans in every province. I agree it was stupid, but expecting a good pre game ceremony isn’t smart either. Next time, watch the baseball game until puck drop. I did like seeing former Bruin Forbes Kennedy in attendance though. One of the toughest Bruins of all time.
    Posted by CanadianBruin[/QUOTE]

I hope you folks north of the border understand that I am mocking the ceremony, not your fine country.

Sections
Shortcuts