Anyone Watchinig the Habs v. Pen Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Anyone Watchinig the Habs v. Pen Game

Just watching the game and I think that the Pens are clearly controlling the Habs.  The Refs seem to be calling in favor of the Pens, as usual. 

Watching the game I would say that I would rather play the Habs but think we could do better against the Pens than the Habs are doing. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: Anyone Watchinig the Habs v. Pen Game

In Response to Anyone Watchinig the Habs v. Pen Game:
    Just watching the game and I think that the Pens are clearly controlling the Habs.  The Refs seem to be calling in favor of the Pens, as usual.  Watching the game I would say that I would rather play the Habs but think we could do better against the Pens than the Habs are doing. 
    Posted by dbg1

I dunno....full strength, I'd say you're right. With a less than 100% Savard and no Krejci, the Pens strength down the middle may be a real killer. I'm not sure you'd generate that much more offense than Montreal, although the Bruins move the puck better from back to front than a Markov-less Canadiens team does. That would probably create more offensive chances, but I'm not sure how many.

The biggest advantage that Boston would have over PIT is goal, similar to Montreal. That could be enough to turn a series...it just hasn't been for the Habs yet (and they're running out of time).

I see the Habs and Bruins as being somewhat similar teams right now. Bang-ed up but a pain to play against. I'd love to see that be the Conference Finals, but I don't think it'll happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kennedy,

I agree...but I think our defense is better as well...they don't have a Chara...plus our fwds are hard nosed and hit...all of them...
    And a healthy Savard, Sturm, Krejci and Seid would have made a huge difference.

I don't think we can nec beat Pitt...but should we get a few bounces we can give them a run for their money...

I honestly think Pitt is on cruise control...they will turn it up for the final 2 rounds...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Don't look now -- but it's 3-2 Habs -- shots on goal 26-15 with 15 left in the 3rd. Hate the Habs but they never give up and make the best of thier opportunities. Pens need to keep up the pressure and hope Halak dozes off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Brian Gionta the little man who can throws the puck near the net trying to center and the hockey gods were smiling. 1:15 to go keep beating up on each other!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Series tied 2-2.

Hey. Youneverknow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Watchinig the Habs v. Pen Game:
    Series tied 2-2. Hey. Youneverknow.Posted by Kennedy97

What was it that you said it would take an act of ?.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

You guys are underestimating the Habs. Looks to me they have a shot at beating the Penn's. Fleury is not all that.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

You guys are underestimating the Habs. Looks to me they have a shot at beating the Penn's. Fleury is not all that.....
    Posted by jwb413

No question they have a shot at it.......IF Halak continues his stellar play. It's all about the goaltending. This series could go either way, and EITHER team would give the Bruins all they could handle. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

In Response to Anyone Watchinig the Habs v. Pen Game:
    Just watching the game and I think that the Pens are clearly controlling the Habs.  The Refs seem to be calling in favor of the Pens, as usual.  Watching the game I would say that I would rather play the Habs but think we could do better against the Pens than the Habs are doing. 
    Posted by dbg1

Gary bettman and the media who cant stop talking about crosby and ovechkin, is the reason I have rooted for the habs to beat washington and pittsburgh. The look on bettman's face when his golden boy crosby gets eliminated will be priceless. He will prob have a heart attack. Tonite's game's officiating was clearly in favor of the pens. The pens should have been shut out. Pens first goal the penguin guy took out subban at the blue line which directly led to talbot's breakaway. Second goal was on a powerplay tht shouldnt have even been a penalty by gill. Goligoski gets away with blatant interference the announcers even said so

Bettman- we all know you love your penguins and you will help them gain an advantage by any means necessary. The least you could do is make  it look a little less blatant

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

Awesome game to watch, refs clearly favoring the Pens, and the Bell Centre was absolutely rocking.  It definitely doesn't feel right rooting for the Habs but they are a fun group to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

It is clear that Betman wanted to see the Caps vs the Pens in the conference final and the officiating is showing just that.  Let's hope he get none of them!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Watchinig the Habs v. Pen Game : What was it that you said it would take an act of ?.....
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

God.

This makes 6 more playoff wins than I thought Montreal would have back at the Olympic break.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

No doubt, NBC and the NHL want Crosby and the Pens. But, I am definately rooting for the HABs, no matter how much it hurts to say that.  I hope its HABS in 7.  Boston Vs Montreal would be insane for these two cities. I think our defense and goaltending is much better than Montreals. People forget about Gonchar and Orpik on Pitt, but they are really top notch D-men. Hal Gill is the best the Habs got right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Halak stops an average of 40 shots a game since the beginning of the playoffs and habs have an average of 19-22 shots a game and still end up winning ...Fleury is terrible so Kvarlamov was ....thats the story so far they havent face a good goalie yet.......Tuuuuuuuka is coming but BRUINS will come up short ...you cant replace a player like Krejci .....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Don't see how any Bruins fans can pull for a team full of divers like the Habs, along with "Standing Still" back on defense.

Sections
Shortcuts