Are you happy without kessel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Are you happy without kessel

I been thinking about this all summer. Is he our future franchise player No! I think Lucic took that role. Can Kessel be a 50 goal scorer Yes! Is he fast enough for NHL Yes!
    Is emotions up to par Yes! Survive cancer. I really think that Lucic,Krejci and Kessel is the future these are the players that the Bruins will need to lock in for long term deals. For rest of the Bruins? I always been a big fan of youth developement not FA signings and I love watching Junior hockey here in Canada and watching NCAA hockey. The defense Wideman is under contract that was youth for youth deal that worked out, he should be locked up for a longer contract . I really looking forward to seeing what Stuart can do, Boychuk will get a chance this year and Wheeler can he reach 25 goals ( I will say yes).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Re: Are you happy without kessel

LUCIC
                                       KREJCI
                                       WHEELER
                                       KESSEL        KEEP THIS CORE FOR  3 PLUS YEARS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

we don't need him....Krejci is the future of this team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

If my team needed a goal,he would be on the ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

I agree with hockey-101

His youth, and skill set make an important asset. Really would try to move Ryder , Sturm (no trade caluse or not) , or Kobasew unfortunately

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

I think that with Sturm coming back, Morris signing, and Wheeler stepping up this year, Kessel's 36 goals production could easily be absorbed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My complaint against Kessel is that he seems unwilling to take hits, sacrifice his body.  he has a million moves, but he will take a lame shot in some instances rather than try to beat a defenseman that might tag him.  Funny thing is, he probably wouldn't take a hit most all the time because he has the moves and is fast enough to beat most of the guys in the league.

That said, he is an asset, no doubt about it.  He's fast, he's got moves, I'd have to look at stats, but he must be at the top of bunch for shoot out scoring percentage.

And finally, would I be OK without Kessel?  Answer - as it always is for trades, depends on what you get for him.  ANYBODY and EVERYBODY is worth trading if you get better than what you give.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

why would you say move ryder he one of the best goal scores in the game... i wouldnt change a thing there fine just need to resign kessel asap

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

BadHabitude gives a pretty good analysis.  Just wanted to clarify something that many are overlooking:  Kessel's production could be replaced BUT: the B's fell short in the playoffs last year.  We don't want to REPLACE production, we want to ADD production.  Kessel is a great offensive talent and we would not be better off without him unless a ridiculous offer is made.

Kessel has his weakness- in the D zone he is suspect, does not play physical and is easily knocked off the puck.  However, IMO his superior offensive skills are too great to overlook. 

Replacing talent does not improve your team but if we can ADD talent we have a shot at going all they way!

The key question right now is fitting him in the salary cap- do you guys think the B's are better with Kessel on the roster or Kobasew????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Hmmm.  I can't predict my actual reaction to Kessel playing somewhere else.  Like BadHabitude said, it all depends on what the transaction is like.  I know I'd love to keep him, but not at the expense of what is a really a good group of B's. 

Hockey-101 said it best, if you needed a goal, he'd be out there.

If he leaves, I can already feel myself gouging out my own eyes as he returns to Boston and burns us for a hat-trick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

If Kessel stays I can't see Ryder or Kobasew being on the roster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

In Response to Re: Are you happy without kessel:
    [QUOTE]why would you say move ryder he one of the best goal scores in the game... i wouldnt change a thing there fine just need to resign kessel asap
    Posted by lucicanator17[/QUOTE]

how do you not change things and resign kessel? is he going to accept 1.3 mill?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Absolutely not, if that means dealing Chucky then so be it. I would miss the guy but you have to fit Kessel into the structure. I PVR"d ( TEVO in the US ) the montreal series this year & he is unreal with a puck. He is so fast & dynamic & he has to be made a bruin. That goal in game 4 when he came out of the penalty box & beat Price was vintage Kessel flying down the wing. " know your enemy " Think about what Lafleur meant to the flying frenchmen. Kessel is not your typical bruin, I'll admit that but Lafleur was not a typical hab. He is soft but speed kills too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

It would be nice to keep every good player, but there just might not be enough money to pay PK.  If you want to blame someone, blame Chia for overpaying a few other Bruins, like Sturm and Thomas.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I don't see how you can sneese at a guy who scored 36 goals in just his 2nd year in the NHL. Had he not missed time for mono and injury he easily coud have finished w/45 or 50.

Who would you rather have than Kessel taking a penalty shot or in a shoot-out to possibly win a game and grab 2 points instead of 1? He's simply the best the B's have in that regard. Is he a complete player? Heck no. Is he somewhat soft? Yeah, I guess. Ask Islanders fans from the 1980's if Mike Bossy was a tough guy or if he shied away from some hits. Then ask if they'd rather have not had him on the team.

Please. That's what Clark Gilles was for and that's what guys like Lucic and Thornton and/or Begin will be for--to protect guys like Kess. You simply NEED speed and goal scoring ability in today's NHL and Kess has both.

I agree that as much as I love Kobasew's game (and I really do) I would sacrifice his salary to keep Kess. Ditto Sturm, although his no trade clause makes that unlikely.

I desperately hope PC signs Kess even though i'm pretty sure he won't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

I still think we're a damn good team without him.  That said, I'd rather we retain him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

It all depends on what comes back for him...with him on this team tho, the East is a lock...However, he does not come back until late December so, let's see how this team performs without him...I prefer to have him in there but, this team could alright without

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Obviously we are better with  kessel than without him. I really would hate to lose Kobasew though, and don't understand why everyone is so eager to mention his name when thinking about who we could get rid of to make room for Phil. He brings an intangible intensity and determination that the Bruins would really miss if he were gone. There aren't enough players on this team who can provide that style of play. I think a lot of what he offers can't be measured by stats, and I'm not sure who would be able to fill that void for this team. I think he is more important than fans give him credit for.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

[QUOTE]Obviously we are better with  kessel than without him. I really would hate to lose Kobasew though, and don't understand why everyone is so eager to mention his name when thinking about who we could get rid of to make room for Phil. He brings an intangible intensity and determination that the Bruins would really miss if he were gone. There aren't enough players on this team who can provide that style of play. I think a lot of what he offers can't be measured by stats, and I'm not sure who would be able to fill that void for this team. I think he is more important than fans give him credit for.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  I think it comes down to what's the lesser evil (who is left when you talk about who you don't want to be lost, Kobasew ends up as that last guy left for me).  That's why I think a lot of peeps on here throw Kobasew under the bus.  Plus, he hasn't had much luck in Boston.  Not knocking him, he's just fought through some injuries and had trouble finding the scoresheet.  I like his style of play too, but sometimes it seems like he's not in-synch with whoever he's out there with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

the team the bruins have now ,with or with out kessel the bruins will make the playoffs .and  even upgrade  at trade deadline before the playoffs. kessel is a sniper  that will make a differance on any team lets hope its for the good guys ,,,,goooo bruins 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

BLG: Hard to lay too much blame on Chiarelli for the contracts to Sturm and Thomas.  Both got paid at a time when it would have been hard to replace them, and they had leverage.  Kessel has no leverage.  It would be a bigger mistake to overpay him.

Kobasew might be more important than Kessel in some ways - NOT BETTER, but more important.  Against teams that really take away your time and space, Kessel struggles.  Kobasew can score the grinding goals.  He can retrieve the puck more consistently than Kessel.  Philthy's great in transition, but someone usually has to get the puck for him and find him in space.  He's like a Ferrari - a luxury, not a necessity.  The only guy who plays a similar role on the team is Sturm - fast, good in transition.  From that perspective, if you're intent on signing Kessel, it makes more sense to find a way to move Sturm than Kobasew.

Two other considerations: Sturm, we're repeatedly reminded, is a left-handed shot for the powerplay.  And the line of Kobasew-Bergeron-Recchi was really starting to click....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]BLG: Hard to lay too much blame on Chiarelli for the contracts to Sturm and Thomas.  Both got paid at a time when it would have been hard to replace them, and they had leverage.  Kessel has no leverage.  It would be a bigger mistake to overpay him. Kobasew might be more important than Kessel in some ways - NOT BETTER, but more important.  Against teams that really take away your time and space, Kessel struggles.  Kobasew can score the grinding goals.  He can retrieve the puck more consistently than Kessel.  Philthy's great in transition, but someone usually has to get the puck for him and find him in space.  He's like a Ferrari - a luxury, not a necessity.  The only guy who plays a similar role on the team is Sturm - fast, good in transition.  From that perspective, if you're intent on signing Kessel, it makes more sense to find a way to move Sturm than Kobasew. Two other considerations: Sturm, we're repeatedly reminded, is a left-handed shot for the powerplay.  And the line of Kobasew-Bergeron-Recchi was really starting to click....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]    On a line you have gears,5th gear is Kessel,or in your Ferrari case, maybee higher.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Chiarelli explicitly stated that if the need would arise, he would make a trade to keep Kessel. So I don't worry about losing him any more.

And no, I don't want Kessel taking and giving hits. I want him on Looch's line and I want him sinking pucks. Kessel wasn't put on this planet for hitting any more than Einstein was put on this planet for singing on Broadway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hmmm Einstein singing ? ahhh analogies where would we be without them. Moving Kobasew's salary would not be enough to sign Kessel anyway. The Bruins need to have wiggle room under the cap whether or not he signs or trades Kessel.

If Ryder gets off to the slow start like he did this past season "he gets dumped" or he might even get traded if he gets off to a great start because he doesn't have a "no trade clause" and he's real good which again makes him tradeable.

Ryder now seams to me like he would be much much tradeable because he's a sniper, no major injuries and again it frees up more space just in case we need a little space to make pick ups because of injury. I don't like it but it makes more sense. I really don't like trading Kobasew either!

or PC says Phil sign for this or sit out! Estimating a Dec. return with a prorated contract ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

I'm not happy without Kessel. I've spent a lifetime watching this team p_ss away it's young players in stupid trades or contract disputes. What happens when Chara & Savard move on after their contracts? We'll be left with nothing again, or older players on their way to drying up (Ryder turning into Glen Murray for example).

If you take the time to build a core, freakin' keep it.

And the thing with Kessel is, for all the the shortcomings he has, he's still young, and some stuff just takes years in the league to learn or soak in. He's still a kid, and the sky is the limit. Bravery and confidence will come with time. Very rarely a player like Krejci comes along that "gets it" their first year. Heck, if hockey message boards were a big thing 10 years ago I'm sure people would have been calling for Joe Thornton to be run out of town. Sky is the limit with Kessel, and I hope we don't f_ck it up only for some other team to reap the rewards. He deserves our undivided attention until it's clear he's hit his ceiling.