Are you old enough? 1979 and the mystic of the call!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Are you old enough? 1979 and the mystic of the call!

In Response to Re: Are you old enough? 1979 and the mystic of the call!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you old enough? 1979 and the mystic of the call! : Agree,  I can't believe this team has to rely on Lucic to hit. Yes Staurt laid some hits and so did Begin but it was on useless players like Laraque. Very nice reading all your stories guys .  One last question ; Don Cherry has mentioned on more than one occasion that G Gilbert hated his guts ,  can anyone share some insight ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

If you like to read and enjoy hockey, I recommend you try to find a copy of Don Cherry's autobiography "Grapes". I read this years ago, it is outstanding. Cherry played minor league hockey and one of his coaches was Eddie Shore , who he refers to as "the old man". Many of Cherry's coaching techniques were learned by being a student of "the old man" , Shore was said to have been the toughest S.O.B. that ever played the game. He reportedly used to tie goalies to the crossbar in an effort to keep them standing up...he would've strangled Tim Thomas in the first practice!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you old enough? 1979 and the mystic of the call! : If you like to read and enjoy hockey, I recommend you try to find a copy of Don Cherry's autobiography "Grapes". I read this years ago, it is outstanding. Cherry played minor league hockey and one of his coaches was Eddie Shore , who he refers to as "the old man" . Many of Cherry's coaching techniques were learned by being a student of "the old man" , Shore was said to have been the toughest S.O.B. that ever played the game. He reportedly used to tie goalies to the crossbar in an effort to keep them standing up...he would've strangled Tim Thomas in the first practice!!!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    Agree Zilla, i must of read that book about 20 years ago. It was really good, it had lot of entertaining stories in it. In fact maybe because i'm a huge hockey fan, it was one of the most enyoyable autobios i've read. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

I was 14 and playoff hockey was about the only thing we were allowed to see on TV in boarding school. What a gut wrenching series it was. It still feels good 30 years later. As Bruins fans, you can order it with the Habs' DVD collection if you aspire to a higher order of Zen buddhism.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I was 14 and playoff hockey was about the only thing we were allowed to see on TV in boarding school. What a gut wrenching series it was. It still feels good 30 years later. As Bruins fans, you can order it with the Habs' DVD collection if you aspire to a higher order of Zen buddhism.
    Posted by Lafleur1979[/QUOTE]

I have Games 3,4 & 6 of that series on dvd. The only games I want.

Sections
Shortcuts