Armchair Coaching for RD#2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Armchair Coaching for RD#2

Now that the B's have made their way to RD 2 and the impending return of Savard and Stuart at some point, I dont believe Stuart has even practiced since the end of the season. Who do the B's when they return

Candidates for Forward-  Wheeler -4 in the 1st rd
                                       Sturm    0 Pts 
                                       Sobotka center who brings energy
                                       Begin   0 pts -3 
                                       Lucic would have been an option but had a better game last night

Defense                   -   Ference -4  1 pt 
                                      McQuaid -3  0 pts but a physical presence

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Re: Armchair Coaching for RD#2

Must keep Sobotka in the lineup.  If Ryder never got benched once in the regular season, then Sturm won't be benched here. I'd sit Wheeler, as Begin will at least hit more than 1 game/series.

Sit Ference.  Demote Ference.  Cut Ference.  I hate Ference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

McQuaid goes out first, if Stuart is ready.

Savard replaces, Thorton or Wheeler, IMO. I think Julien will try Wheeler in one game and Thorton in the other. No way Sturm, Sobotka or Begin gets scratched. Sturm will eventually score and maybe with Savard back, who knows. Sobotka played too well against Buff and Begin is a good face-off guy and PK player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Bish is tweeting that Chiarelli does not expect Stuart back for round two, which is a bummer.
    Savard is cleared though!
    Both Pennsylvanian teams give reasons to keep Thornton in the lineup, unless you want Lucic to go full-time enforcer.  I think Wheeler and Begin are the prime candidates for who to sit.  Figuring out how to work Savard in without disrupting current chemistry will be an interesting task.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't like sitting McQuaid with Stuart out. Adam does not put up anyones guff. With McQuaid and Lucic in you could sit Thornton. I don't see Julien sitting Ference, Hunwick nor Begin. Steve was his usual under your skin player the Bruins need.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

No question in my mind Begin, looks old and slow, pull him in favor of Savy and McQuaid out in favor of Stuart. Siedenberg is still a series away from being able to play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

It's most likley Thornton who sits out, There is no way Wheeler sits he's part of line thats going strong, yeah I know he hasn't scored, but you don't mess with whats working.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

They just knocked off the division champs.

I wouldn't be in a rush to change much. Bring Savard back slowly , let him build up his game. Alternate him on the pp and in other situations

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

In Response to Re: Armchair Coaching for RD#2:
    They just knocked off the division champs. I wouldn't be in a rush to change much. Bring Savard back slowly , let him build up his game. Alternate him on the pp and in other situations
    Posted by skater68

Someone still has to sit when he comes back. They just cant dress him to have on the bench and use sparingly. So its not a rush to change anything its just a fact its going to happen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

In Response to Re: Armchair Coaching for RD#2:
    I don't like sitting McQuaid with Stuart out. Adam does not put up anyones guff. With McQuaid and Lucic in you could sit Thornton. I don't see Julien sitting Ference, Hunwick nor Begin. Steve was his usual under your skin player the Bruins need.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

McQuaid manage a hooking call in 7 minutes of ice time in Game one and was distracted (along with Ference) trying to check McCormick in the OTW leaving Enis open and to the buffalo 1-0 lead in the 1st. He has to smartin up. This is playoff not time for him to prove he can hit with the big boys

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

McQuaid and Ference scare the hell out of me.  Even more so than the Hunwick/Wideman combo. 

The puck seems like a hot potato when McQuaid and Ference are handling it.  Huniwck and Wideman at least seem more at ease when they play the puck (even when it's to the other team).

Chara and Boychuk have been solid but they can't stay on the ice the whole game.  This lineup craves getting one of Seids or Stuart back more so than getting Savvy back imo.

Sections
Shortcuts