Around the League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Around the League

That was a nice backhander by Whitney. If we can get Ray cheap I'd like to see him in a Bruins uniform. That also means that there 8 points back of Toronto!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Much as I like Whitney I don't know how likely is he'll come to Boston now that Satan has signed. He's out of contract at the end of the season and I'd like to see him stay in the NHL for at least another year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I think Satan give us size that Whitney doesn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Should be a good finish in Minnesota 3-2 Devils early in the 3rd. Oilers and Sharks should be a good tilt later on as well. Hockey is real good thing when you went out and destroyed your body for 2 straight days bringing in the New Years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

There's something about games from Dallas I can't stand. Fit young women dancing about on podiums is all well and good but it's just not hockey.

Hockey is about ugly men with bad hair beating up on each other. Why then do they have to play "Insane in the membrane" when there's a fight?

I really wish they'd save it for the Cowboys....

One more thing. Is USA so short of d-men that there's noone better than Komisarek? Great giveaway last night!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Agree 100% ,  why the .... is Komisarek on this U.S team.  He's proved nothing and makes a blunder a game that ends up in the net with the Leafs. 
    I'm certain that's one of the reasons he signed with the Leafs, look who's coach and GM , HOCKEY U.S.A !
    I would love to see a list of U.S. born Defensemen .
    Kessel on the otherhand , I agree 100% must be on Team U.S.A.

Habs FINALLY LOSE !  They seem to be going under the radar. Maybe because Bruins haven't played them much ?
    Well game coming up next month is my next game live against the Habs at the Garden.  I think the hate for the Habs will re-surface soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Keeping my eye on Montreal and Washington game before the Gold Medal game between the US vs. Canada. Lots going on tonight Hockey bonanza!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Habs lose good, Leafs win bad pick back to 5th 4 points from #10 draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great game between the Habs and New Jersey tonight gone into OT. Brodeur showing off again in front of his hometown. Lots of chippy play as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Some good happened for the Bruins,  Habs and Leafs both lost.
    Now if only Avs can beat the Sabres,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Alright a small dose of good news.  Sabres lose also in OT.

Another note worth talking about while watching Pens-Leaf game on HNIC ,
    Don "Grapes" Cherry really outdone himself .  WOW WHAT A SUIT ! One that'll go down as one of the sassier suits I've ever seen him wear.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Loved the way Milbury made fun of Grapes in between the 2nd and 3rd period. Don was whining about the canada loss to the US. Milbury held up a crayon drawing of an American flag with 6-5 written on it too funny.

Chicago was up 5-2 in there game against the Wild now its 5-4 with 3min left.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Chicago was up 5-1 and now 5-5 !!  I was trying to get a stream and could not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Going to a shootout the Hawks will have the advantage here. No wait the Wild have Kobasew no my mistake he's injured again and not playing Oops!

Wow The Wild come back and win in the Shootout! Great game!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Sens v Canes just started. Sens with injury problems and Canes finding form. Should be good. Makes a welcome respite to watch a game without worrying about the result.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ducks-Hawks tilt about to start should be a good one as well!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kurako,  to me the result of Canes-Sens I watched.  It'sa good thing for Bruin fans. Canes Catch the Leafs and Sens don't get two point on Bruins . Good win Canes 4-1.
    I'll know watch Ducks as it's the Bruins next opponent.  Last time they smacked the Bruins and lately they're playing pretty good.  Leading the Hawks 2-0 end of the 2nd. 
    Now we know the Hawks weak spot, in nets , LOL, only problem is getting shots in. 
    Ducks are solid , I can't understand their position in the standing. 
    Hiller is playing amazing !  I can see the Bruins hitting a wall when they play him this week. Those routine shots will just not go in.  There must be traffic and going to the net otherwise no way Bruins score on Hiller.
    It seems that Scott Niedermayer might be a rental come trade deadline. Very interesting and deserves a thread on it's own.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Yah. We all know Huet and Niemi are rubbish. Only problem is the Bs struggled to get the puck. Even when they did manage they couldn't wait to give it away again. Drove me nuts!

Hawks kinda remind me of the old Brazilian soccer teams. There attitude was always 'We don't need to defend. We're Brazil!'. Ah, Pele, Zico, Socrates...

Which reminds me. I found out the other day that there has been 1 Brazilian born player in the NHL. Can you name him without looking it up?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kurako,  without looking it up,  no.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Wow there's actually 2 Brazilian born but 1 of them only managed 2 games.

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayersByCountry.jsp?co=BRA

I was thinking of Robyn Regehr - born Recife, Brazil.

Some pretty unexpected countries have guys who played at a pretty decent level (Nigeria, Lebanon, South Africa, even Wales LOL!). Most moved to Canada when they were quite young.

Reason I was looking it up was to see how many Scottish players had done it. Tony Hand was pretty much the best player I remember from when I was a kid and he was drafted by Edmonton but never made the grade. Just shows how tough it is so everyone should lay off Hal Gill and Dennis Wideman Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Did anyone hear the interview of Alex Burrows concerning official Auger ?
    He's saying the ref vowed before the game to get him back for a call he made, showing him off ,  in the last game he officiated the Canucks.  Burrows got hit from behind and the player that hit him got a game misconduct . Supposedly Burrows seemed hurt but came back in the game. Ref saying made him look bad.
    Last it was caught on camera , with no audio of course, Auger talking to Burrows. None-the-less will be a hot topic.
    Who will pay for this ?
    The player being a marked man or the ref getting a suspension ?

P.S. good read Kurako.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Still on the Alex Burrows issue.  I just saw the penalty on youTube (cannot dsoplay it) that Auger gave Burrows that cost them the game last against the Preds.  Total BS phantom call !!!  Talk about getting back at someone.
    It makes me wonder something I knew but never had the proof that a ref can change the outcome of a game with a phantom call.  
    Not all at once Bruin fans !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wholy crikey the Lightning are taking it to the Caps 4-1 Good stuff. Need Jersey to win tonight keep the Rangers down in the standings.

Kieth Jones predicting that the Rangers will not make it into the playoffs. Don't really agree but interesting. Put up that wall Brodeur!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mano e mano in the shootout Why go glove side against Brodeur is right! Devils put it away but the Rangers get a point. That with the tiebreaker should put NY ahead of the Bruins at 5th place for now.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow !!!  That was the most exciting 0-0 game I've ever seen !
    96 shots between both goalies and shoot out had to go to the next level to get a winner,  the Devils.
    We can whine about the Bruins offense all we want those games against the Rangers but Lundqvist is as good as it gets  !
    Rangers are surging , is it too soon ?  No injuries.

How about these score;
    Islanders beat Red Wings 6-0 !!! 
    Sens lose 6-1 to Thrashers !!!

Wings and Sens are hurting with injuries . I know it's no excuse but two healthy teams kick the behinds of two hurting teams.  It is what it is.

It's a great nite for hockey. Caps-Lightning
    Ovechkin in a fight ???  Not ,  a Caps player got off the bench to the rescue of his captain.  Although Ovy showed B**LS  taking off his helmet to fight Downie. Respect man ! Tampa winning 7-4 and plenty of action in this game.