Around the League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Around the League

Chris Pronger is not worth the money he gets now. He looks ordinary and was on the Laffs third goal. This game will get ugly now.

Flyers will not make the playoffs this year mark it down. Once again goalie situation in Phily rearing it's ugly head! Lossing to Toronto 3 zip really ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great game between 2 of the original 6 right now NBC. 3-2 Hawks with about 3min to go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Great OT and shootout.  Hawks win AGAIN!
    I blame Howard , Detroit's goalie.  Wink !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When you get a chance watch the highlights of the Habs-Rangers game on NHL.com. Rochester, NY BC Eagle Gionta bats in a awesome goal gotta see it.

Oh and Cammalleri is a freakin sniper his goal is nice as well, Damn habs 2-2 in the second 10minutes left. Can't root for either hate em both.

Avery and Torts got into a shouting match comical after Sean hit someone on a line change got a penalty Habs scored Avery is a Daweeb!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Rangers 6-2 awesome (Habs su*ck) 6 PP's each, Was 5-3 over Philly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Devils now lose 4th straight game and get shutout . Guess what ??? Their fans are complaining they can't score and need another sniping winger since Elias went down to injury. Sound familiar !
    Penguinswith Malkin ,Crosby and a quarter back like Gonchar are one of the worse on the powerplay .
    Some good games tonite including Leafs-Preds .  I'm watching this one for sure.
    As for our lonely Bruins unless they get bodies back in the lineup and play regularly , injury free can this team be properly evaluated.  For sure if they want to go far in the playoffs they'll to improve scoring even with all the injured players back.
    As you can se there are teams in front of the Bruins that will continue trying to improve their teams and the Bruins will not stand a chance.
    Some of those teams looking to make moves,  Habs , Sabres , Pens , Caps, Devils and the team ready to make a splash getting Kovalchuk ...... Chicago Blackhawks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was switching back and forth between the Bruins stinker/dog and The Devils game. I really think that the Islanders have a good shot at making the playoffs. Not so much that there a great team but because eastern conference teams 5-12 "ain't so great".

Yes watching the Preds beat the Loafs might make the Bruins blues go away. Cmon Preds!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Wow!! Watched the SanJose pasting last night against Calgary.. That was embarrassing...Kessel off the schnide and kills Nashville come back.. I think that Carolina and Edmonton are packing it in , and Columbus , St.Louis, Tampa are sliding...and and looks like Toronto is going to finish around 6th  , which means we won't be in the Lottery pick......on a side topic not related to the NHL but hockey in general..saw that vicious elbow on Mikael Tam from Patrice Cormier? BRUTAL.. no place in the game for that vicious attack..This looked to be premeditated as he jumped on the ice and went right for the guy.. The scene was scary to say the least.. I hope the QHL sends a message ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

What's with these high scoring games all of a sudden?  Last night SJ blitzes for 9, tonite Rangers pound TBay for 8? Pittsburgh 6? Anaheim just blitzed Buffalo for 4 in the first period.. What gives?  Nice to see Toronto back to it's losing ways..Kovy is good on the PP.. Wow, Ottawa slams the Hawks!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

to all u that made fun of the Bruins loss to the sens .
    they just man handled the best team in the nhl .
    sharks coming on strong again .
    wasn't about this time last year the Bruins took a down fall ?  
    on MLK Day they lost in OT to the blues i believe last season . 
    it's ur turn chicago cause it will be tough for the remainder of the season now. 
    every team wants to beat u.  i predict sharks will be win the pres. trophy winners again and get eliminated by red wings finishing 8th .  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I saw the game Ottawa - Chicago and it kind seemed even but last nite the Hawks weakness showed,  their goalie.  Huet has a huge contract and talking to some Chicago folks that's whom they would love to move. Only thing is he plays horrible everytime they put him in there.  Not the best showcase.
    Then there's the Rangers ,  have they've been lightening it up or what ???
    These last two teams are hot right now and are the teams that made the Bruins look bad the most in the last 10 games they've played .
    The break coming in a couple weeks will benefit those injured and give a new start to the ones that are down .  For the teams that are hot it might not be a good thing as maybe they'll get cooled off.
    Interesting to see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Did anyone else see Carey Price get nailed tonight on TSN while trying to come out of the crease and clear the puck against the Blues ?

Pretty good game actually lots of animosity. Kariya looks real good out there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

San what was the Ty Conklin penalty, participating beyond center, was it a Cheevers play or a scrum, and if so why only 2 other roughing penalties.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Conklin absolutely stones Markov in OT down to the other end and Carey Price shows why he is a complete BUST! Blues stay above the Lufas in the race for last.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I had a pickup game myself tonite and when I got home the Blues were wining 3-1, then Jackman pulled a Wideman and it's 3-2 and then 3-3 !  I wasn't going to watch this movie again so closed the TV . Good news !
    I was watching TJ Oshie and this kid is amazing.  He'll be a good one along with David Perron.  To my dismay I found out that David Perron was chosen after Zach Hamill. SHOOT !
    dAWG  I'll be watching the replays.  Got see the hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Hey SanDog, why the Perreault quote?  It's clever, but ask any pro scout from his era and they'll tell you he was a highly skilled but dumb player who wouldn't listen to his coaches.  Gil never learned the art of passing to his teammates to make his club better.  But absolument, he certainly knew how to cash his paycheck...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

512 Goals 814Assists, I'd say he knew how to pass, so would Martin and Robert the other 2 thirds of the French Connection. The problem was that Buf had nothing else or noone else.

I don't recall any scout putting him down, unless they were from Montreal who were extremely p-oed that they were not allowed to get him because he was french.  Had Mon got him they would have been even more powerful, I can tell you I am glad he did not play in the NHL with Guy, that would have been completely sick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hey BC haven't seen you in awhile smart to stay away as i'm sure you've noticed with reading some of the threads (hair pullers). I only look for the funny hockey quotes to use thanks for the reminder I need to change mine. Might have to go back to my favorite sports movie again for that.

Join us tonight on Bruins Blog for the game thread if your around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Tonite Flames-BlackHawks should be a good one.  On TSN .
    So far Canes nd Philly doing the Bruins a favor.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Just read that Nathan Horton will be out 4-6 weeks with a fractured tibia. He was hit by a shot from a teammate. That's gonna be a big loss. Are the Bs playing them any time soon?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah actually Sat Feb 13 last game before the Olympic break. Doesn't matter really Bs can't beat the BueJackets...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

... or the Sens, or the Ducks... Frown

And Vokoun just posted another shutout. At least it was againt the Leafs!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Is there another team more En Fuego than the freakin streakin Senators!? 3-0 over the Devils. Gee do you think Spezza and Alfredsson mean anything to Ottawa since they came back from injury going for 7th in a row tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dawg, yup their injured players all came back.
    A team that is making a statement, the Caps. 
    I bet after the Olympic break these teams get cooled off.  I look at the odd 20 games left after the break being like a mini-playoffs for the majority of the teams.  Except maybe 4 teams at the top and 3 from the bottom.
    If Oilers get basted tonite by the BlackHawks get ready for heads to roll up in Edmonton.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Flo beats Mon 55 points for both Flo in 8th
    Atl wins 54points in 11th, Phi in 6th with 55
    NYR 7th - 55
    Mon 9th - 55
    Bos 10th - 54
    NYI 12th - 54

Edm 38 in 5o games
    Car  39 in 51 games
    Tor  44 in 54 games
    CBJ  51 in 55 games