ARTICLE: Boston Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs Works for Peanuts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoonieMcKutchins. Show BoonieMcKutchins's posts

ARTICLE: Boston Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs Works for Peanuts

Jeremy Jacobs works for peanuts. Literally. Granted, Jacobs has turned peanuts into a privately held, family-owned, multilayered business that owns the National Hockey League’s Boston Bruins and exceeds $2 billion in annual revenue. But, at its core, Delaware North Companies sells peanuts

http://www.successmagazine.com/boston-bruins-owner-jeremy-jacobs-works-for-peanuts/PARAMS/article/1131

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Re: ARTICLE: Boston Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs Works for Peanuts

ok

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

You people are brutal ! And when I say that I mean the ones who think the Jacobs family has anything to do with Boston not winning the cup this year. He may know nothing about hockey, but that's why he hires people who do. JJ has nothing to do with the decisions made by PC and his staff. He wants to win as much as anyone else. He spends to the cap annually so why would he just sit there and hope to lose. You can't tell me that he dosn't want to win. You bet on a horse, you want him to win. You buy a lottery ticket, you want to win. You play tidily winks and you want to win. Your probably the same people who think professional athletes throw games in the playoffs " for the gate ". This is a stupid discussion and has no bearing on the Boston Bruins !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Apparently the Bruins are just a small cog in Jacobs wheel.  I find his detachment to the B's and the Boston area as a whole very off putting.  Why hasn't he done more philanthropic work in the New England area?  So, guess Buffalo benefits from the profits of New England hockey fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

In Response to Re: ARTICLE: Boston Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs Works for Peanuts:
    You people are brutal ! And when I say that I mean the ones who think the Jacobs family has anything to do with Boston not winning the cup this year. He may know nothing about hockey, but that's why he hires people who do. JJ has nothing to do with the decisions made by PC and his staff. He wants to win as much as anyone else. He spends to the cap annually so why would he just sit there and hope to lose. You can't tell me that he dosn't want to win. You bet on a horse, you want him to win. You buy a lottery ticket, you want to win. You play tidily winks and you want to win. Your probably the same people who think professional athletes throw games in the playoffs " for the gate ". This is a stupid discussion and has no bearing on the Boston Bruins !!!!
    Posted by Reilly24

Who cheaped out and hired Chiarelli for Peanuts?? That would be the owner bird brain! PC has been close to a disaster so far as GM with horrendous contract after horrendous contract given out which is why the Bruins can't do anything today.

If you think the owner has nothing to do with the team you dont have a clue.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: ARTICLE: Boston Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs Works for Peanuts:
    It's amazing what people consider "success". This guy piggybacked off daddy's business that he had nothing to do with and has been a LOSER here for 35 years. He's a money grabbing slimeball who is has no business being involved with hockey.  Gee, I wonder why Bettman and Jacobs spearheaded the lock out?  Hmm. Both are buddies from upstate NY who know nothing about the NHL. Thanks to these bozos, most of the country, can't even see games and if they do, they are LUCKY to see them on Versus, a station that is barely seen due to contract squabbles between satellite/cable outlets and the NHL. Super. Nice work, Bettman and Jacobs. Two peas in a pod.
    Posted by russgriswold

Before Bettman arrived on the scene, out of town games were next to impossible to see.  A few weeks ago, I watched the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC.  You'll want to bark up a different tree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: ARTICLE: Boston Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs Works for Peanuts : Who cheaped out and hired Chiarelli for Peanuts?? That would be the owner bird brain! PC has been close to a disaster so far as GM with horrendous contract after horrendous contract given out which is why the Bruins can't do anything today. If you think the owner has nothing to do with the team you dont have a clue.
    Posted by Gardensupportor

That's your opinion. I think PC has done and is doing a great job. The fact that you called me a "bird brain" makes me think I'm talking to an 8 year old. So I'll try to dumb it down for you next time little fellah. My statement was about how little affect JJ has on hockey operations today, except for the fact that he could spend to the bottom of the cap every year and then you may have a valid argument.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Without diving into this same tired argument again, I would like to point out that there are other expenses than player salaries that a team owner can cheap out on.  Management and scouting staff salaries and training facilities are just a few expenses that spring to mind.  I don't know what Jacobs spends on those things, but I would be willing to bet that it is in the bottom half of the league.  Again, that is just speculation on my part.

That said, of course Jacobs would like his team to win the Cup.  As long as they can do it on the cheap.  It's all about the profit margin with that guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: ARTICLE: Boston Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs Works for Peanuts : That's your opinion. I think PC has done and is doing a great job. The fact that you called me a "bird brain" makes me think I'm talking to an 8 year old. So I'll try to dumb it down for you next time little fellah. My statement was about how little affect JJ has on hockey operations today, except for the fact that he could spend to the bottom of the cap every year and then you may have a valid argument.
    Posted by Reilly24

A+++++++++++ (but if they spent more on staff I'd be happy)