Article on Joe Colborne in todays Edmonton Journal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Article on Joe Colborne in todays Edmonton Journal

They've told him there will be spots open.
         - makes you wonder whose spot they think will be open.  Right now, the roster is full and then some with Sturm on IR.  They're also not in great position to make tweaky trades a la the Kobasew deal last year.  Positively or negatively, value means none of Ryder, Wheeler, Recchi, Horton, Campbell, Paille, or Thornton will be dealt, so only a major trade will create openings for Colborne or his contemporaries.

They've told him there will be battles.
         - Let's hope so.  I wonder how far they'll go, though.  Could be a question of sending a guy down who's earned a spot, but needs to wait out the dealing to open up roster space.

He's going to camp to make the team.
         - Good.  First test of his pro character will be how he starts in Providence if he fails to stick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Gotta love it, there is going to be changes, playrs battling for goals and positions and he may actually have a shot at making the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Good article, thanks for the post. The more I read about this kid, the more I like him. He's definitely a breath of fresh air in the era of the prima donna; I hope it doens't go to his head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thanks for this.  I would have missed it completely.

It's exciting to think he could come in and really make an impact.  Nice to see his goal is to make the big club, as opposed to the majority of Bruins who already have NHL jobs and take them for granted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I should also point out... The Edmonton Journal provides better content about the Boston Bruins than Boston.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thanks Stuke.  Gotta love all these Bruin fans accross North America.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I can not wait for camp. I'll be looking at the wings real close.

Obviously Ryder's slot is not assured, but even Sturm might find himself left on the sidelines for a while if things haven't settled down. I

In Response to Re: Article on Joe Colborne in todays Edmonton Journal:
    [QUOTE]They've told him there will be spots open.      - makes you wonder whose spot they think will be open.  Right now, the roster is full and then some with Sturm on IR.  They're also not in great position to make tweaky trades a la the Kobasew deal last year.  Positively or negatively, value means none of Ryder, Wheeler, Recchi, Horton, Campbell, Paille, or Thornton will be dealt, so only a major trade will create openings for Colborne or his contemporaries. They've told him there will be battles.      - Let's hope so.  I wonder how far they'll go, though.  Could be a question of sending a guy down who's earned a spot, but needs to wait out the dealing to open up roster space. He's going to camp to make the team.      - Good.  First test of his pro character will be how he starts in Providence if he fails to stick.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I am a Denver U. season ticket holder, so I've seen Colborne play a lot.  I love the kid, but I still think that some time in Providence might be best for him.  He doesn't jump out at you as being NHL ready.

He uses he size well but is not overly physical.  He is totally focused on the puck, so he'll hit to get the puck but does not go out of his way to bang people.  Plays like Joe Thornton (let's remember that is not a bad thing) -- plays on the perimeter a lot, finds seams, passes well, protects the puck, good in the corners, and is a smart player.  He's not going to fight, but he does compete hard.

I predict he is a mid to late season call-up for injuries and is on the roster in 2011-12.  Still need to be a little patient with him, but there could be a big upside.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Got a chance to see Colborne play a bunch of times up in Colorado over the past 2 years two of the games against there rivals North Dakota very entertaining.

http://premiumscouting.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20:boston-bruins&catid=21:teams&Itemid=24

Me thinks Bruins fans will pleasantly surprised at Joe's speed once he gets those lanky stilts up and going. I contradict the report that Ols provided a little when it comes to one on one battles than the scout provided from what I saw Joe was real good in the corners. Having said that I did not see his games in Providence and we'll see how he does against Chara and Siedenberg.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Colborne develop as well as Sauve and Caron. I also disagree with the scouts that don't have Jordan at the very least #2 prospect.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

[QUOTE]I should also point out... The Edmonton Journal provides better content about the Boston Bruins than Boston.com
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He is going to be hard to keep down like Berg and Luc were, he has even said he will play nets to make the roster, how the he\\ do you not keep try him.

Seeing as we are changing our style to go for goals, who is taking over for Cj or is Jarvis that good that he is going to turn around our D style in one fell swoop.

Here is one that can only hope, I prefer the 5-3 game way over the 1-0 2-1 or 3-1 that we have seen for far too long. Pit and Chi did well with scoring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]He is going to be hard to keep down like Berg and Luc were, he has even said he will play nets to make the roster, how the he\\ do you not keep try him. Seeing as we are changing our style to go for goals, who is taking over for Cj or is Jarvis that good that he is going to turn around our D style in one fell swoop. Here is one that can only hope, I prefer the 5-3 game way over the 1-0 2-1 or 3-1 that we have seen for far too long. Pit and Chi did well with scoring.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Doug Jarvis will help the PP. The PP is vital this year to the Bruins, With there defensive style the PP alone can win them games. If the B's can click @ 22% or better they will be a lethal team. The teams defensive %'s rank up in the tops of the league and with the subtraction of wideman and his brainfarts they could improve. Although we will miss alot fo the good plays he made mgmt made the right choice in grabbing Horton.

I havent seen Colborne play once, so I cant judge him but I am definately looking forward to seeing him in a B's uniform. I appreciate everything that everybody puts on this site. This blog is one of the fastest around for NHL information. The minute something happens one of you posters are on it.

Keep up the great work B's fans. I dont post alot but I read everyday.

Thank you and Lets go BRUINS!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Me thinks Bruins fans will pleasantly surprised at Joe's speed once he gets those lanky stilts up and going. I contradict the report that Ols provided a little when it comes to one on one battles than the scout provided from what I saw Joe was real good in the corners. Having said that I did not see his games in Providence and we'll see how he does against Chara and Siedenberg.

I agree 100%.  Nobody knows how he'll do in the NHL, but he was very good in the corners on college.  He doesn't use his size to hit much, but he does use it in the corners and to protect the puck.  I always thought he was great in the corners and am shocked that a scout said otherwise.  We'll see how it all shakes out against NHL talent...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE] I agree 100%.  Nobody knows how he'll do in the NHL, but he was very good in the corners on college.  He doesn't use his size to hit much, but he does use it in the corners and to protect the puck.  I always thought he was great in the corners and am shocked that a scout said otherwise.  We'll see how it all shakes out against NHL talent...Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Joe will have to learn not let those pesky smaller forwards get low on his big frame. Heck what Colborne will need to do is watch Bergeron and Krejci in the corners he'll be able to get great tips viewing those two.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]He is going to be hard to keep down like Berg and Luc were, he has even said he will play nets to make the roster, how the he\\ do you not keep try him. Seeing as we are changing our style to go for goals, who is taking over for Cj or is Jarvis that good that he is going to turn around our D style in one fell swoop. Here is one that can only hope, I prefer the 5-3 game way over the 1-0 2-1 or 3-1 that we have seen for far too long. Pit and Chi did well with scoring.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Julien the coach two years ago when the Bruins were at the top of the NHL in scoring?

Marc Savard missing almost the entire season with three separate injuries (thus crippling the PP), Chara playing with a dislocated finger that hamstrung his shot, Lucic out/ineffective half the year with injuries, Krejci not himself until New Year's after surgery... all of that I'd say has a lot more to do with lack of scoring than Julien's "style."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]I should also point out... The Edmonton Journal provides better content about the Boston Bruins than Boston.com
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with that!

Sections
Shortcuts