Attention LUCIC, HORTON, CHARA et al,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Attention LUCIC, HORTON, CHARA et al,

Don't forget...Richards has a bill to pay................................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Attention LUCIC, HORTON, CHARA et al,

Clean checks deserve no retribution.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Head hunting always requires retribution. richards plays a hard@$$ game, but he did not seek out Ryder Satan or Wheeler he went after the spark plug and turned off the ignition.

He needs to be reminded to keep his head up against the B's and this message needs to be sent league wide, NAS you must know this, the sooner this message is sent the better for the B's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

What mike richards did to david booth has no bearing on the bruins, so throw the head hunting argument out the window. Richards gave krejci a CLEAN hit. There was absolutely nothing dirty about it. I actually like Richards game and he is one of my favorite non-bruin players in the NHL.

It's unfortunate what happened to DK and it contributed to our downfall, but it was a clean hit. No retalliation necessary

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Or someone could send a message to Chara reminding him not to give his teammates suicide passes.  That was a beauty of a hit by Richards.  Unfortunately it resulted in an injury to Krejci.  If Boychuk threw that hit people on this board would be loving it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Open yer frickin mind, Grets nailed like that would not have been so good for the Oilers now would it, it sure didn't help the B's when Orr was on the sidelines. Now most or all of the hits on Orr were illegal cheap shots.

Boych stepped up on whoever last year and he had to defend himself, Richards and everyone that plays the B's needs to know there will be retribution no matter the class of hit whether it be clean or not when you play the B's.

I hate this attitude of being hard to play against.  I would sooner it be not want to play against.  You come into my barn and I am the one holding the pitchfork.

The league needs to BEWARE THE BEAR not cuddle the Teddy that adorned our 3rd Jersey.  Can you imagine sitting in a bar full of Hab fans and them singing out look Cam is wearing a cuddly Teddy bear.  Had that freakin jersey been bought for me I would have burned alongsid eany hab jersey, what a disgrace, the big bad Teddy's.

Many a good thread stated that there was no Grrr in the B's last year and I realise there was noone available or able to hand out the beef.  There needs to be a change in the mindset from the getgo and it starts with the Capitan and Luc, the 2 Beasts of the East.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

A little late for worrying about payin bills. It was a clean hit by a great player and leader-nothin but respect for that guy. Don't expect a response from players who are told not to respond.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chara did the only thing suspect or illegal on the Richards hit of Krejci!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Scratch here ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ to reveal today’s big trade rumors.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Attention LUCIC, HORTON, CHARA et al,:
    [QUOTE]A little late for worrying about payin bills. It was a clean hit by a great player and leader-nothin but respect for that guy. Don't expect a response from players who are told not to respond.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

C'mon Wens it is not about payin the bills, that boat has sailed, it is about settin the tone.  It was a great hit no doubt about it and clean, but it was targeted and that has to stop.

I agree about them being held back and that has mind boggled me to no end as that is not the way Cj played.  The B's should have been more intuned to going after Rich in a trade, he is a B throwback.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Attention LUCIC, HORTON, CHARA et al,:
    [QUOTE]Don't forget...Richards has a bill to pay................................
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

NOT TALKING GOONERY. Just tit-for tat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Attention LUCIC, HORTON, CHARA et al, : NOT TALKING GOONERY. Just tit-for tat.

If someone catched Richards cleanly, I'm all for it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, that's it exactly.  Richards shouldn't touch the puck with a toll.  Not cheap crap or thuggery, just someone leaning on him every inch of the way.  The only problem there is you get out of your game if you over-emphasize hitting that one guy.  The puck moves fastest, and he can pass pretty well.

I'm betting he takes it all in stride.  That's why non-Flyer fans buy into the guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]Open yer frickin mind, Grets nailed like that would not have been so good for the Oilers now would it, it sure didn't help the B's when Orr was on the sidelines. Now most or all of the hits on Orr were illegal cheap shots. Boych stepped up on whoever last year and he had to defend himself, Richards and everyone that plays the B's needs to know there will be retribution no matter the class of hit whether it be clean or not when you play the B's. I hate this attitude of being hard to play against.  I would sooner it be not want to play against.  You come into my barn and I am the one holding the pitchfork. The league needs to BEWARE THE BEAR not cuddle the Teddy that adorned our 3rd Jersey.  Can you imagine sitting in a bar full of Hab fans and them singing out look Cam is wearing a cuddly Teddy bear.  Had that freakin jersey been bought for me I would have burned alongsid eany hab jersey, what a disgrace, the big bad Teddy's. Many a good thread stated that there was no Grrr in the B's last year and I realise there was noone available or able to hand out the beef.  There needs to be a change in the mindset from the getgo and it starts with the Capitan and Luc, the 2 Beasts of the East.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    I think the goon era is over. The "big bad bruins" era is over. In terms of physicality and toughness, were teams afraid of this years blackhawks? What about the 09 penguins? the 08 red wings?

Im not saying you have to play soft and scared and take cheap shots w/out retalliating. How many tough and intimidating players were on the last 3 cup champions? Maybe Byfuglien, or Kronwall, thats about it.

Skill />toughness

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

306 you're right on the money. Chara's pass put DK in a vunerable position to get smoked. Any one would have made that hit. Let's move on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Krejci was a clean hit that deserves no retribution. However, I am all for making life a living hell for the other team's (top) players. Have at it boys...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL.. C'on guys !!! We're blaming Chara now ??? It was a hockey hit and unfortunate his wrist got caught up.
    Richards has given hits and taken hits. It's easy not to like that type of player when he's on the opposing team but would love on my team.  He's plays with intensity, heart and talent. In the 2009 playoffs he played with an injured shoulder but that didn't stop him dishing hit after hit although his offensive production suffered.  That summer he got operated.
    Then there was the 2008 playoffs when they took out the Caps in the 1st round, the countless hits between he and Ovy , wow ! 
    No love lost here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_cj3_kQXuU

Then there was the Pens ,  there was one hit in that series that was an absolutely must see but then look at what happens right after:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvxK7lMuoRg

Let's hope Looch stays healthy and becomes our Richard's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Attention LUCIC, HORTON, CHARA et al, : NOT TALKING GOONERY. Just tit-for tat.

If the B's wanna dish out retribution for Richards' clean hit with one or preferably many clean hard checks to Richards, then I'm all for it.  That's what clean, tough hockey is all about.  Sending the message to all players to keep their heads up causes them to sometimes rush their play a little faster then they would have, thereby increasing the odds of them making a bad play or turnover that would benefit the Bruins.

Of course, sending out a goon to atone for a clean hit is lame, cheesy and embarassing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I forgot to mention, if you go after Richards ,  get ready because he'll get back up and try to paste one of yours.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]I forgot to mention, if you go after Richards ,  get ready because he'll get back up and try to paste one of yours.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Good. We play better when we're high on emotion. Too many times during the regular season last year we looked listless. When someone pissed us off, we showed up (and usually won).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Attention LUCIC, HORTON, CHARA et al, : If someone catched Richards cleanly, I'm all for it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Exactly...play the game, if the opportunity arises, take it...

The players are probably more worried about getting vengeance for the way they went out against Phili than going after Richards for a clean hit...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Attention LUCIC, HORTON, CHARA et al, : Good. We play better when we're high on emotion. Too many times during the regular season last year we looked listless. When someone pissed us off, we showed up (and usually won).
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Don't you feel a bit silly using "we" and "us" like that?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm all for people going after Richards, cleanly.  I would like it even better if Bruins players starting playing, and hitting, like Richards does.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Attention LUCIC, HORTON, CHARA et al,:[QUOTE]I'm all for people going after Richards, cleanly.  I would like it even better if Bruins players starting playing, and hitting, like Richards does.Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Word!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I'm all for people going after Richards, cleanly.  I would like it even better if Bruins players starting playing, and hitting, like Richards does.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I like Richards; he's a good player, and I have no problem with the hit on Krejci. But there are times (like his hit on Booth) when Richards crosses the line and descends into goonery, and it bothers me. He doesn't have to play that way; he's better than that. I like a good hard solid hit as much as anyone, but deliberately aiming at someone's head? No way. I don't like it when anyone does it, and that would include Bruins players.