Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!

NICE!

My order of preference:

1) John McFarland
    2) Alexander Petrovic
    3) Jon Merrill
    4) Stephen Johns
    5) Kirill Kabanov 
    6) Tyler Pitlick
    7) Tyler Toffoli

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

Re: Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!

In Response to Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!:Awesome!!
    NICE! My order of preference: 1) John McFarland 2) Alexander Petrovic 3) Jon Merrill 4) Stephen Johns 5) Kirill Kabanov  6) Tyler Pitlick 7) Tyler Toffoli
    Posted by Bigpapa1977

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

Re: Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!

In Response to Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!:I still have to say go for Kabanov, just because he would have been top 5 if didn't have any personal issues... and he will mature in time.

NICE! My order of preference: 1) John McFarland 2) Alexander Petrovic 3) Jon Merrill 4) Stephen Johns 5) Kirill Kabanov  6) Tyler Pitlick 7) Tyler Toffoli
    Posted by Bigpapa1977

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

In Response to Re: Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!:
    In Response to Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!! :I still have to say go for Kabanov, just because he would have been top 5 if didn't have any personal issues... and he will mature in time.
    Posted by Opinions-R-Us

I would be happy if they roll the dice with Kabanov, but it would be hard to pull the trigger on him with McFarland, Petrovic, and Merrill still on the board.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

McF then Toffoli

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I would take the Head case too, at some point talent wins games & he is a talent although it would be nice to keep stocking the cupboard with solid mentally stable prospects

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and who said the Kessel deal was not good ... LMAO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!:Amen! And still have the Leaf's 1st rd next year.
    and who said the Kessel deal was not good ... LMAO
    Posted by BsLegion

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Dont forget guys all 3 mock drafts by the NHL had John Merill in the 1st round ..one even had him with the BRUINS at no.15....I think its a real deal at 32 .....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

and we will repeat next year ...thanks Mr Burke

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I still wish that PC would have dealt #32 and #45 to move into top 20 pick and been able to have a shot at Watson, Forbort, or Tarasenko

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Take a chance.  Hey, this kid might be a head case, but he's not stupid, he knows he has to prove himself at this level.  And its not like he's welcome back in Russia.

Kabanov !!!

Kabanov !!!

Kabanov !!!

Kabanov !!!

Kabanov !!!

Kabanov !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!: I think Merrill and Kabanov would be just as good, if  not better than Forbort and Tarasenko.  B's can have one at 32, maybe PC could swing a few deal to move up from 45, and maybe trade Edm for their 31.  I would if I was him. Better to stock up now, cause next year's draft will not be as strong.  
    I still wish that PC would have dealt #32 and #45 to move into top 20 pick and been able to have a shot at Watson, Forbort, or Tarasenko
    Posted by cowboys9

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!:I'm with you, it's would be his best interest to do well and succeed...NHL is his last chance.   

Take a chance.  Hey, this kid might be a head case, but he's not stupid, he knows he has to prove himself at this level.  And its not like he's welcome back in Russia. Kabanov !!! Kabanov !!! Kabanov !!! Kabanov !!! Kabanov !!! Kabanov !!!
    Posted by BadHabitude

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Kabanov is worth the risk at #32. The potential benefit far outweigh the risk. If he doesn't pan out it's not like PC took a chance on another Rob Cimetta or Wes Walz. Kabanov has mad skills and no one could possibly question PC's decision to take a player who, pre-season, was considered a top 5 pick. I don't think he'll still be available at #45. He is only 17 and will mature. If he's there I grab him without a doubt. Roll the dice on this kid and I believe it will pay off. 

If not Kabanov, then I prefer Merill. He's big, strong and makes good decisions with and without the puck, plays the body well. Hockey sense is something you can't teach and he's got a ton of it. The downside is he's not an impact player offensively and he still needs to develop. Which he will do at Michigan.

I'd also be OK with Petrovic.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!: I just hope PC feels the same way as you and I, and the rest of the folks about Kabanov.

Kabanov is worth the risk at #32. The potential benefit far outweigh the risk. If he doesn't pan out it's not like PC took a chance on another Rob Cimetta or Wes Walz. Kabanov has mad skills and no one could possibly question PC's decision to take a player who, pre-season, was considered a top 5 pick. I don't think he'll still be available at #45. He is only 17 and will mature. If he's there I grab him without a doubt. Roll the dice on this kid and I believe it will pay off.  If not Kabanov, then I prefer Merill. He's big, strong and makes good decisions with and without the puck, plays the body well. Hockey sense is something you can't teach and he's got a ton of it. The downside is he's not an impact player offensively and he still needs to develop. Which he will do at Michigan. I'd also be OK with Petrovic.  
    Posted by BruWingFan

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I say go for the problem cases Jon Merril or Kirill Kabanov, with Merrill being the priority between the two.

Merrill is an offensive defenseman, but suspended for 8 games by USA Hockey for off-ice disciplinary reasons. A lot of scouts say Jonathan Merrill’s interviews at the NHL Central Scouting Combine were bad (so says TSN's Bob McKenzie) . . . . But B's need an offensive D in their system. McKenzie has him ranked at #22 and ISS at #11.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!: In that case, let's hope PC would trade for the 31, and pick both back to back.  Then again, I have a feeling Edm will pick Merrill. 

I say go for the problm cases Jon Merril or Kirill Kabanov , with Merril being the first choice between the two. Merril is an offensive defenseman, but suspended for eight games by USA Hockey for off-ice disciplinary reasons related to misbehaving in the school/social setting. Many NHL scouts say Jonathan Merrill’s interviews at the NHL Central Scouting Combine were poor (so says TSN's Bob McKenzie) . . . . But B's need an  offensive D in their system. McKenzie has him ranked at #22 and ISS at #11.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

What do you hear at all the drafts? "We went for the best player left on the board." Tomorrow, that player is Kabanov! DOOO EEEET PEEEE CEEEEE!!!! Show some brass! Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!:Hope you're right.

What do you hear at all the drafts? "We went for the best player left on the board." Tomorrow, that player is Kabanov! DOOO EEEET PEEEE CEEEEE!!!! Show some brass!
    Posted by BruWingFan

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Kabanov is the best player available at 32.  But, I like the Bruins to take a defensemen.  To many negative factors surrounding Kabanov.

I can't believe Edmonton passed on Seguin..  Baffled.  Who's going to center all those wingers??  Tyler clearly looked disappointed when Hall went first.  I felt bad for him. :(  He really should have gone to Edmonton.  Just made to much sense.

Anyway, i'm glad we got him.  He was my favorite and I think he's the better prospect.  When is his jersey available at the NHL store?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Pretty sure Bruins take Merrill. Bruins won't think about Kabanov until the 45th pick. The guy just carries too much baggage not relating to hockey. He is immature first and foremost

If edmonton takes Merrill look for them to try to take Pickard, Faulk or Toffoli (who did well with Seguin).

PC likes to gamble imo vs taking the safe pick everyone thinks will do well later

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

well the bruins have shown that they will take on a head case if the talent is there because kessel slid to 5 in his draft for having issue's in charecter. So i think they take kabanov at 32 and i think its a good chance. Not many drafts where you know your have a legitimate super star potential still available at 32.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

The way this draft is going, I think Kabanov will be there at 45.  Take Merill and hope for Kabanov later.  Then hire a great therapist to fix their 2 cent heads. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Assuming Kabanov gets past Edmonton, which I think he will...

Boston is looking for offense. Kabanov is 17, 6' 3" 180#, skates like the wind, goes to the dirty areas, likes to be physical, and puts points on the board. He was a pre-season top 5 pick until the fiasco. Personally, I don't give 2 cents about his off-ice issues. It's not like he killed anyone. Most everyone made dumb decisions at 17 but we learned from them. Kabanov sounds like he's learned as well and is wanting to make his career over here. You simply don't pass up the opportunity to pick a player with Kabanov's skills with the #32 pick in the draft! PC said prior to the draft he wanted to attempt to move up and get another pick in the top 10. Here is that other top 10 pick! It just happens to fall into your lap at #32! Yzerman picked Connolly without batting an eyelash even though he had a major hip injury. That is more risky to me than taking Kabanov. If I'm PC, I take Kabanov at #32 every day and twice on Sunday! The chance to add Kabanov along with Seguin with the 2 picks we got from Toronto is too much to pass up.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Available at #32? Kabanov, McFarland, Petrovic, Merill, Johns, Pitlick and Toffoli!!!!: Well Put, that's exactly how I feel!!

Assuming Kabanov gets past Edmonton, which I think he will... Boston is looking for offense. Kabanov is 17, 6' 3" 180#, skates like the wind, goes to the dirty areas, likes to be physical, and puts points on the board. He was a pre-season top 5 pick until the fiasco. Personally, I don't give 2 cents about his off-ice issues. It's not like he killed anyone. Most everyone made dumb decisions at 17 but we learned from them. Kabanov sounds like he's learned as well and is wanting to make his career over here. You simply don't pass up the opportunity to pick a player with Kabanov's skills with the #32 pick in the draft! PC said prior to the draft he wanted to attempt to move up and get another pick in the top 10. Here is that other top 10 pick! It just happens to fall into your lap at #32! Yzerman picked Connolly without batting an eyelash even though he had a major hip injury. That is more risky to me than taking Kabanov. If I'm PC, I take Kabanov at #32 every day and twice on Sunday! The chance to add Kabanov along with Seguin with the 2 picks we got from Toronto is too much to pass up.  
    Posted by BruWingFan