Axe and Yelle: What to do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Axe and Yelle: What to do?

If we have cap room after dealing with Kessel-Bitz-Hunwick,  would it be a good move to sign Yelle or Axelssson or both?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Axe and Yelle: What to do?

Yelle yes most defenitly! I think he'll stay for cheap (and we need that) and love the grinding job he did this year! I think someone is going swoop in and sign Axelsson to a multi year deal worth about 1.1 to 1.3 Mil a year. Maybe even more annualy but not more than 2 years.

PS. Pssst ClamMan fix Axelssons last name or some psycho is going to come on here and start yelling at you for not spelling PJs name right. Oh wait did i spell psycho right!? Huh Oh!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Oh, right, Dog, it's double "s".  I knew that. Try to fix it.. 

I think we paid Yelle only about 850,000 this year and I agree, he was a great pick up.  Loved that line of Yelle-Thornton-Bitz.  When you have a clutch situation with a PK late in a close game, Yelle and Axe are the kind of guys you want out there.  But, maybe Bergeron and Krejci can do the same thing.  

Any other opinions out there in the land of Hockey Heads?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Axellson has no place unfortunately, I like the guy but its time for him to go in my opinion. I think Sobotka should replace Yelle, he'll be about 100,000 cheaper, is younger, and has a lot more offensive upside, but can also play the grinder game. He deserves to start the year with Boston, so my guess is they both leave, but we should DEFINITELY resign RECCHI

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I never got too excited by Recchi.  He's good in the goal mouth, but not so much as a playmaker or 3 zone checker.  

Axelsson seems expendable at this point, though that may be shortsighted.  He was put on the first line and PP this year, neither or which are his element, and thus he came up short, at least point-wise.  I'd prefer Yelle over Axe, because of the cheaper cap hit and also because of that excellent fourth line they had going.

Sobotka has never impressed me so much as he has others, at least of these fans here.  He's kind of got the Kessel syndrome-- not willing to mix it up or hit.  A little too pretty, you might say...

Speaking of Kessel, he was actually doing some excellent back checking in the playoffs and definitely saved one possible goal-against in game seven.  I think it was a set-up to Stall he intercepted in the slot, third period.  Kessel is not just pure offense and is learning the full game under CJ, though gradually.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

What do do?

host a Going away party in the North end and send Axe off like a true bostonian.

Its been a long trip, but for Axe it has come to an end unless he wants to take a pay cut. He can get more money elsewhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE] Sobotka has never impressed me so much as he has others, at least of these fans here.  He's kind of got the Kessel syndrome-- not willing to mix it up or hit.  A little too pretty, you might say...
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

I normally agree with you carolinaclam but you couldn't be more wrong about this one. Sobotka is a checker, a grinder, he LOVES taking the body. They say his main problem when he came up to the NHL was that he thought he could run through everyone like he does in providence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxiBaHF3J-0

is that too pretty for ya?

This guy is all about hitting, his game is mixing it up in the corners or behind the net.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Beautiful clip. And of course let's not forget his playoff performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asNKChF67pQ

Players who can step up to the plate when it counts are rare.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

PJ has been a Bruin his whole career and has been been put in every situation possible and has never complained. He has been a warrior for us and I think he has earned the right to stay in Boston if he wants to if they can fit him under the cap. Yelle would be great to keep but Axe is the true Bruin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Axey -6
    Yelle -4

in the playoffs........

Anyone that spends three seconds considering bringing them back is a jackazz

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE] Sobotka has never impressed me so much as he has others, at least of these fans here.  He's kind of got the Kessel syndrome-- not willing to mix it up or hit.  A little too pretty, you might say... Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Sobotka is a keeper and will make the big club out of camp this year! Guys got a chip on his shoulder. Very impressed with him in down at the Dunk and yes in the playoffs last year against the habs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]Sobotka is a keeper and will make the big club out of camp this year! Guys got a chip on his shoulder. Very impressed with him in down at the Dunk and yes in the playoffs last year against the habs.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Sobotka went 20-24-44 in 44 games for Providence this year, not bad.  But the year before he went a loooong time without a goal in Boston.  Finally got one in the playoffs, as I remember.  He'll get competition from Brad Marchand: 18-41-59 in 79 games with a plus 13. Training camp is just about ten weeks away!!!!

Another person of interest is Jeremy Reich, who was 21-13-34 and plus 9 in the full season, 76 games.  But he's a UFA and who would blame him for going elsewhere?  He got trapped by the waiver situation when Wheeler made the big team, so he could not be recalled.  Hate to lose him.

If Yelle and Axe are let go, it would definitely open some room at the top, which would be a good thing.  Let new talent have a chance.  I'd let Recchi go too. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

minus yelle and p.j. (cap total 2.5 mil.) for  brad marchand and sobotka.... minus ward and ferrence on d...(cap total 3.9 mil )...johnny boychuk and justin penner  ..bitz goes right wing sobotka at center and marchand on the left  on d you pair boychuk with chara penner with widemen and hunwick with stewart  these rookies in prov. are NOW READY for BOSTON BRUINS.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Exactly ClamMan !  Marchand can take Yelle's  place anytime.
    Ax , well .. his last contract most likely .... he's gone !  Will not sign for less to be a Bruin.

Sections
Shortcuts