Axelson should be moved off the 2nd line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

Somebody earlier mentioned that Axelson should be moved off the second line with Bergy and Ryder. I agree. He is two defensive minded and it seems tha they can't push the offensive side of their efforts enough when he is on their line. Hope to see Sturm back or someone else that can keep the offensive pressure. Somebody fast like another Kessel or move Wheeler up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

I would love to see the lines like this:

lucic savard kessel
    sturm bergeron kobesaw
    wheeler krejci ryder
    axelson/nokelanen yelle thornton

I agree i think the second line needs some more ooomph to get going and axelson isnt the right fit. I also would love to see marchand brought up and given a chance on the fourth line. Hes a pest, hes fast and hes got good hands.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

I agree. Axie does not fit on the second line, he is bringing Bergeron and Rider to his game instead of the other way!

I would put either Nokie or Sobotka on the second line (until Sturm comes back) and drop Axelsson to the fourth line. Leave the first and third lines alone because they have good chemestry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

He really does seem to be holding back Bergeron and Ryder. Axelson should be on the 4th line/PK. I think even Noke would be a decent fit on the second line until Sturm comes back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

OMG! finally people agree with me after getting smashed everytime i brought up this subject. Look how ironic that it took a regulation loss for people to get one board...Ah-Men!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

OMG! finally people agree with me after getting smashed everytime i brought up this subject. Look how ironic, it took a regulation loss for people to get on board. No matter how good a team is doing you always want to find a way to improve your club and to me Axe is the weak link here. I'm even surprised Bergeron has 14 points. Julien has to wake up and smell some coffee, he has a young stud and arguably your best all-around player as a sitting duck because he has no targets. It's dumb and i hope he maks the right move when Sturm comes back. Please stick Axy on the 4th line!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Axe has been a Bruin for a long time and he 's probibly been here the longest of all current players. I agree he is a great defensive forward and should not be on the second line and he is getting older. He may have lost a step and some of the younger guys coming up may make it time to let him move on. I have alot of respect for him but all good things someday come to an end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

He's only on the second right now because Sturm is out, then he'll be put back onto the third line . The fourth line is not his style of game, though honestly i think he can fill any hole (not to a tee, but he manages well). The fourth line must remain Thornton-Yelle and a young player who can bring energy (ie. not axelsson). Honestly though, i don't think having Axelsson on the second line hurts us as bad as some might make it seem, yesI'd rather Sturm be ot there but until then i trust Julien to use Axie as he sees fit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Axelsson is waste of a roster spot. Has been playing as a top 6 forward all year and has zero goals.people may say well thats not his style of play but really if you are playing on the top two lines you really should be getting some points. Axelsson repersents the losing era in Bruins country it's really time too dump him. I just dont see any use in the guy he seems to bring nothing to the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

P.J. Axelsson is supposed to be defensively reponsible and so good defensively. He has the worst +/- on the team at -4 and has 0 goals. Am I missing something?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

The bottom line is that, in my opinion, PJ is no longer a good fit for the Bruins and I think it may be time to part ways. There is definately a market for a player like PJ and I think you will see him moved at the deadline along with Manny. The Avs may be a good trade partner. I would love to see Liles in Boston

Sections
Shortcuts