Bartkowski to Providence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Bartkowski to Providence

Looks like Hunwick or McQuaid to start the season.  Best to play well Matt (Hunwick, that is) you'll need to.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Bartkowski to Providence

That was pretty much a given. Bartkowski is the only defenseman left who has options. He would have had to play totally out of his mind to make this club.

I'll look forward to seeing him play with the Baby B's. They should have a heck of a team this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Not surprised, but dissapointed.  I was hoping he'd force Hunwick out of town.  Caron may still do that with Ryder....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Bartkowski to Providence:
    [QUOTE]Not surprised, but dissapointed.  I was hoping he'd force Hunwick out of town.  Caron may still do that with Ryder....
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

It's better for the Bruins if Hunwick plays well and Bartkowski spends his time wisely in Providence. It's pretty rare for a defenseman to make the jump straight from the NCAA to the NHL, and I'd rather Bartkowski develop his game than get thrown right into the NHL, and either sit in the press box or find himself over his head on the ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bartkowski did outplay Hunwick is right! PC is staying loyal to Matt K for now but the +/- watch will be on. Matt B is indeed going to blow up the AHL IMO. Injuries are the usual especially with Dmen (blocked shots broken toes) in the NHL expect to see the Buckeye back soon.

Who knows I mean PC can't trade Hunwick if he isn't playing well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]Who knows I mean PC can't trade Hunwick if he isn't playing well.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. I bet at least one GM would be willing to gamble a #5-9 forward to gamble on a young, puck-mover coming off one so-so year. If I were PC, I'd pull the trigger on that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bartkowski to Providence : It's better for the Bruins if Hunwick plays well and Bartkowski spends his time wisely in Providence. It's pretty rare for a defenseman to make the jump straight from the NCAA to the NHL, and I'd rather Bartkowski develop his game than get thrown right into the NHL, and either sit in the press box or find himself over his head on the ice.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Hopefully Hunwick responds well (he'll need to) to the pressure of knowing that Bartkowski is close to making the big squad.  Hunwick needs to be a whole lot better this year than the fumbler he was last year, so for now I'll hope he responds well and allows Bartkowski time to develop his game further in Providence.  Nice to know he's waiting in the wings with Kampfer and Alexandrov too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bartkowski to Providence : It's better for the Bruins if Hunwick plays well and Bartkowski spends his time wisely in Providence. It's pretty rare for a defenseman to make the jump straight from the NCAA to the NHL, and I'd rather Bartkowski develop his game than get thrown right into the NHL, and either sit in the press box or find himself over his head on the ice.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Incorrect.  The Bruins are better off if Bartkowski is good enough to make the team.  How could it be better for them that the kid isn't good enough?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bartkowski to Providence : Incorrect.  The Bruins are better off if Bartkowski is good enough to make the team.  How could it be better for them that the kid isn't good enough?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking she means if Hunwick plays well enough to keep his job over Bartkowski the bruins then have 2 decent defensemen as assets rather than Hunwick sucking and having to be replaced by Bartkowski. Perhaps she'll explain. I'm thinking you two don't get along :P

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Frank Simonetti looked pretty good in pre-season in his day too...

toughest position to learn.... I just hope McQuaid gets some playing time this year...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Frank Simonetti looked pretty good in pre-season in his day too... toughest position to learn.... I just hope McQuaid gets some playing time this year...
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

Gris, if Hunwick fumbles again, McQuaid should get a good look.  Maybe he dresses anyway for the rock 'em sock 'em match ups? 

I do think Bartkowski has a good future - likes to play the body, I read.

Cheers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]My only fear would be if Bartkowski after all the hard work he put in, doesn't show up for the Baby b's, If he can and does light it up, say before the halfway mark & hit about 11 -12 goals with twice as many assists would they bring him up and try and shuffle Ference or someone else out here? I was very impressed with Bartkowski I don't care about the numbers game when you play as well he did you deserve a chance with the big club he earned it!
    Posted by misterpister[/QUOTE]

From reading Julien's comments regarding Bartkowski, he seems to be a pretty smart player.  He'll obviously know he's one of the very last cuts and he'll also see that Hunwick and Ference are being watched closely due to suspect level of play and injuries, respectively.  If Bartkowski's smart, he'll head to Providence, be a leader as a young hungry player, and wait for his moment to be in Boston - it may come sooner rather than later, I would think.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if he wears a Providence "A" with Reich's "C".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Remember, coach Murray is allready impressed with Bartkowski, so he will be given prime time. On the Bruins, Hunwick, Stuart and Ference are all under watch, but who will be making the decisions?/ Just yesterday CJ thought that Ryder was playing well and was just his usual slow to start. CJ has rose colored glasses and will need some stimulation to go with any rookies. He's allready tried to torpedo Caron, so he can protect Ryder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Remember, coach Murray is allready impressed with Bartkowski, so he will be given prime time. On the Bruins, Hunwick, Stuart and Ference are all under watch, but who will be making the decisions?/ Just yesterday CJ thought that Ryder was playing well and was just his usual slow to start. CJ has rose colored glasses and will need some stimulation to go with any rookies. He's allready tried to torpedo Caron, so he can protect Ryder.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]

I read about Coach Murray liking Bartkowski.  Regarding Julien, he knows the young players are lining up at the door - Seguin, Caron, Bartkowski, Kampfer, Colborne, Knight, Leafs #1 2011, Alexandrov, at least - Ference, Hunwick, Ryder, Wheeler, Sturm (knees) are all on alert, even if Claude favors the veterans.  I'm expecting a strong and solid year from Stuart - if he wants another contract here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

My only issue with this move is the Bs do not have the luxury of coming out at the beginning of the season with ties and lackluster play especially in the first twenty games. When a team makes the playoff with a shootout every game counts. So a point or two is important.  Hunwick will need to step up immediately. No more hesitation or fragile play.  Hunwick can flat out skate, he needs to rediscover his verve and skate with confidence and purpose.  Bartkowski needs time in the AHL undoubetly but....... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bartkowski to Providence : I'm thinking she means if Hunwick plays well enough to keep his job over Bartkowski the bruins then have 2 decent defensemen as assets rather than Hunwick sucking and having to be replaced by Bartkowski. Perhaps she'll explain. I'm thinking you two don't get along :P
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's pretty much it. Isn't it better to have solid play from Hunwick, which gives Bartkowski time to develop in Providence and contributes to the overall depth of the Bruins when the inevitable injuries strike?

If you trade Hunwick (you can't send him to Providence - he'd never make it through waivers) and install Bartkowski, what happens if, say, Ference goes down (unlikely I know, right?), Seidenberg gets hurt, and suddenly Jeff Penner is getting substantial minutes? Depth is a Good Thing. Lack of depth hurt this team last year.

I like Bartkowski, I like Kampfer, but they need time. It's best for all concerned if Hunwick's at the top of his game and this discussion is rendered moot. It's not going to kill Bartkowski to play in Providence for a while.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bartkowski to Providence:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bartkowski to Providence : I don't know about that. I bet at least one GM would be willing to gamble a #5-9 forward to gamble on a young, puck-mover coming off one so-so year. If I were PC, I'd pull the trigger on that.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Possibly true DC but I'm not sure I would want a 5 through 9 forward with Sauve, Colborne, Spooner and Knight pretty much almost ready next fall. Heck I wouldn't mind another 6'1" Defenseman from Big Ten college hockey the Bs are doing OK plucking blueliners from Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio State.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

julien played this game last year with boychuk....out, then in cause of injury....out even after playing good....then in again with no choice but to keep him in after playing great....ask julien he,ll tell you he brought him along slowly & made him the player he is,when in fact he was ready to play right from the get-go....ill give PC credit for goin out & getting these guys boychuk,bartkowski, kampfer, they all seem pretty talented to be brought in under the radar as they were

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

bottomline= providence is goin to be a great place to watch some hockey!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

This is not a bad move. Matt Gilroy for the Rangers was rushed in after college after a lot of hype, and didn't live up to expectations. He'll be ok in the long run, but should have been given some time to develop in the AHL. Bartkowski is young and has a bright future. Let him put in some time in Providence. He'll likely get a call-up soon after an injury or two.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Bartkowski to providence is just a numbers game, deadline for teams to get under the salary cap, We all know that in order to get him in someone has to go and you can bet that theres 2 Dmen possibly being shipped out via trade if Bartkowski continues to play like a top 4 Dman. He will be back.