Belfast Giants v Boston Bruins - These guys can fight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Belfast Giants v Boston Bruins - These guys can fight!

Wow!  This team is not your average Euro hockey team.  This seems like quite a nasty league.  Check out this fight - perhaps a match up for Thornton?

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=FzX6kuJb1tc

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Re: Belfast Giants v Boston Bruins - These guys can fight!

Final score Bruins 12 Belfast 0

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And they used to have a washed up Theo Fleury playing for them!!  That's their big claim to fame.

It is your average Euro team.  Below average.  In fact they aren't even really going to be playing the giants.  They will be playing against the all star team of that league who will wear Giants uniforms.

Check out their roster, all of 8 guys on it.
    http://www.belfastgiants.com/roster/

This is an exhibition joke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It will be more of a league all star team than just the Giants.

As for Theo Fleury being washed up while there, he put up some great numbers in a short time.  He would have made Calgary last season if it weren't for the cap. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

hate these nothing games that means squat .some how there injuries to player that are making millions .knock on wood to the bruins

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: Belfast Giants v Boston Bruins - These guys can fight!:
    Final score Bruins 12 Belfast 0
    Posted by mebackagin

The game will be called within the first 10 minutes of the first period when its 6-0 Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Belfast Giants v Boston Bruins - These guys can fight! : The game will be called within the first 10 minutes of the first period when its 6-0 Boston.
    Posted by xenimus

No.  This is a preseason joke.  The anouncer will  say that Chara has a cannon for a shot and then the gag puck will burst into flames.  Then the anouncer will remind everyone that there's no smoking in the building.

OK, it won't be that bad.  It will be most of the AHL lineup and the draftees that they are going to be sending back to juniors.

And even with the high and mighty Theo Fleury (according to NAS), I would bet dollars to donuts a set of drafted jrs could beat any team in that league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: Belfast Giants v Boston Bruins - These guys can fight! : No.  This is a preseason joke.  The anouncer will  say that Chara has a cannon for a shot and then the gag puck will burst into flames.  Then the anouncer will remind everyone that there's no smoking in the building. OK, it won't be that bad.  It will be most of the AHL lineup and the draftees that they are going to be sending back to juniors. And even with the high and mighty Theo Fleury (according to NAS), I would bet dollars to donuts a set of drafted jrs could beat any team in that league.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Exactly my point...lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Belfast Giants v Boston Bruins - These guys can fight! :  And even with the high and mighty Theo Fleury (according to NAS), I would bet dollars to donuts a set of drafted jrs could beat any team in that league.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I'm a bit confused by this.  I don't think I called him high and mighty.  I'm pretty sure I said he wasn't washed up.  Fleury played 34 games for Belfast, racking up 22 goals and 52 assists.

Does that somehow translate into high and mighty?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Belfast Giants v Boston Bruins - These guys can fight! : I'm a bit confused by this.  I don't think I called him high and mighty.  I'm pretty sure I said he wasn't washed up.  Fleury played 34 games for Belfast, racking up 22 goals and 52 assists. Does that somehow translate into high and mighty?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

OK, so I pushed it.  It's still a farce.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raithrover. Show raithrover's posts

There is a lot of excitement from hockey fans in the UK about this game and apparently the tickets which are priced about 110 dollars are selling well, they seemed to have been promised the full NHL team,

I think well overpriced for what will be a practice session and wont pay that when you can see the real thing for the same money, injuries would be a real concern as most of the players in UK are journeymen looking to make a name for themselves in europe, Attendances are falling in the league so this year most teams are bringing in tough guys/goons to try and bring crowds in.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Yeah, I'm sure the B's are shaking.  This game is a waste of time......as is fighting in this game. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

It's a preseason exhibition game. It's great for UK hockey fans who would otherwise never get a chance to see an NHL team up close. I know some Bruins fans in Ireland who are ecstatic about this, and I'm happy for them.

It's going to be your basic preseason exhibition. The top guys will get some ice time, and the kids will get to show what they can do. No need to go off the deep end one way or another. 

I hope the Bruins have a good time on the trip, and get a chance to play tourist a bit. Belfast is a lovely city, and the Antrim coast is spectacular.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In organizing the game, I'm going to guess that the B's rep told the Belfast rep that the game was not to be Chiefs vs. Bulldogs.  There isn't a reason for the Bruins to play the game if it's just going to be a slugfest.  Boson will be using the game as practice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Well someone from the Bruins managed to convince the UK organizers into thinking they are getting the 1st string starters on the ice.  Or maybe the organizers just hyped that to sell tickets.  Check out Cam over there helping to promote this.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/tv/belfast-giants-to-play-boston-bruins-14868331.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Well someone from the Bruins managed to convince the UK organizers into thinking they are getting the 1st string starters on the ice.  Or maybe the organizers just hyped that to sell tickets.  Check out Cam over there helping to promote this. http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/tv/belfast-giants-to-play-boston-bruins-14868331.html
    Posted by gardenbees

Something, something, Ulster is sizzling hot...  Wait, what were we talking about?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

The Only thing Belfast could win is a beer drinking contest

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Angry Belfast hockey fans feel they're getting ripped off and who can blame them.  The club raised ticket prices nearly 400% just for this game.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/othersport/view/143141/Todd-Kelman-It-s-no-rip-off/

The fans will want their money's worth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

Well someone from the Bruins managed to convince the UK organizers into thinking they are getting the 1st string starters on the ice.  Or maybe the organizers just hyped that to sell tickets.  Check out Cam over there helping to promote this. http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/tv/belfast-giants-to-play-boston-bruins-14868331.html
    Posted by gardenbees

They are getting the 1st string team,The Bruins will be down to the regular season roster size on the trip to Europe to open the season.