Believe it or not....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Believe it or not....

...I'm gonna miss PJ Axelsson.

If he had only played his whole career on the 3rd line people probably wouldn't curse him as much as they do. The defensive skills can't be questioned. But I must say I could have reached through my tv and choked Julien for putting him on the 1st PP unit and in every shootout. Aargh! Would have been nice to see him catch on with another NHL team. He also did tons of fine local humanitarian work, visiting children's hospitals, his pajama drive, etc.

But besides hands of stone, nobody has given more year in and year out since #77. I know I'll catch alot of sh_t on here from shortime Bruins fans, but I remember when the most important Bruins characteristic to have was to show up with your lunchbox each day and give it your all every time. Cheers Axie and good luck in Sweden.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Re: Believe it or not....

FULL respect to PJ. Absolutely. A good man, and as a player, so much more valuable  than most give him credit for.

We'll miss you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I'm going to miss him too. He was a good soldier for the Bruins for 11 seasons. He did whatever was asked for him. He worked hard and was a very good leader on this team. Best of luck PJ and thanks for everything

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Big props to PJ.  The most consistent Bruin for 11 seasons.  Gold Medalist, Elite League champion, helped get the B's to the playoffs for the first time in a while his rookie year.  I'm sad that our heyday might come without him.  I for one will sorely miss him. 

I remember the days of PJ and Rolston on the PK.  They would be a bigger scoring threat than the team on the powerplay. 

I look forward to seeing him in the olympics.

I miss my PJ's! (I'm including PJ Stock here too.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

I agree P.J. was very instrumental in those two 1st round victories in 11 years

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

I'll miss PJ too. He may be the last of a rare breed of Bruins-loyalists.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Well said, Skaswatch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Great guy and a hard-worker. Loyal to the end.
    If the Bruins were a lesser team he would've been re-signed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from camara937. Show camara937's posts

PJ put his heart and soul into the franchise, but I am happy to see him leave. He made tremendous plays on the defensive end, but I just got sick of him bringing down some of the lines he played on. When he played with either Savard or Bergeron there would be an instint drop of offensive explosiveness. Also a drop in physical play. He had a great run with us, but it was time for us to let him go. If we could have kept him as a 4th line player, then i would have been happy. But the reality is we didnt have the pennies to throw to him to keep a 4th liner.

So good luck to ya PJ

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

I always liked and respected the style of play P.J. brought to the table. He is a class act on and off the ice. It will definitely be weird the first couple weeks with out him, and knowing he won't be back.
       Best of luck P.J., See you at the Olympics and next World Cup. Thanks for the memories.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

PJ's been my favorite Bruin for quite a while.  I'm gonna miss his trendy hair and impeccable Swedish fashion sense.

Oh yeah, and his awesome work as a defensive forward!  Tongue out

Sections
Shortcuts