Bergeron and Crosby conversation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bergeron and Crosby conversation

Are you wondering as I what Patrice was saying to Sidney after the hit on Savard. My guess it was polite but pointed about Cooke and questionable hits.  What is your guess?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Bergeron and Crosby conversation

If Bergy was pissed about the hit, he should have done something. My guess is he threw out some tough words and then said the team wouldn't seek revenge but instead will play for the win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

He probably said "They did nothing to Jones when I got hammered -- why should this gutless crew start now"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Actually, Bergy was the only who even looked interested in doing something, Bruinsfan...how was he supposed to get through the four Pens that were standing in front of Cooke?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

there were 5 minutes left and Cooke skated again... anyone could have got him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Bergy was cleary upset.  He said some words to Sid and shook his head.  Bergy was not looking too happy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

as in Bergy the next Captain

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron and Crosby conversation:
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

A 2-1 game is no time to go for revenge

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

a 2-1 game in the regular season is a fine time for revenge after a hit like that. If they lose out on the playoffs by 2 points, they shouldn't be in them anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The B's couldn't score with Savvy and i'm sure they won't score without him , nothing changes . Making the playoffs will be a real challenge . I hope i'm not stating the obvious .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i thought bergeron was actually yapping at cooke & crosby came over just to calm him or the scene down.....you can see cooke yapping back over crosby shoulder & then crosby said something.....cooke knows his time will come when he has to answer the bell.....i hope the B,s just run him every chance they get instead of thorthon just fighting him to a draw & calling it even....if cooke leaves the ice mar 18th with a separated shoulder ill call it even

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

pucman Thanks I did not see Cooke yapping behind Crosby.  Bergy must have been accusing for Cooke was having no commentary after the game except the hit was a legal one.  The hurting will begin if the NHL does nothing but a two game suspension.  Bergy did show some leadership by addressing the hit on the ice and not in the press.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Not with the new rules. If you intergate a fight in the last 5 minutes of a game you get suspensed, the coach gets suspensed(that might not be a bad thing) and the team get fined $25,000, so simple to say nobody was going after him with less than 5 minutes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron and Crosby conversation : A 2-1 game is no time to go for revenge
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agree totally! 5 minutes left , 2-1 game, need points = wait till next meeting( but Cooke won't be playing). 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Again another BS rule for a BS league.  They could not even take revenge or they would lose other players etc...
    Bergy was giving no respect talk. 
    I actually hope Cooke does not get suspended for 10 games.  I want him to be there on MARCH 18TH.  The Bruins don't only have to go after Cooke but all their players aggressively.
    I even wonder if Bylsa dresses Cooke if not suspended. He didn't play those last five mins. of the game.
    As for Crosby and some of the other Pen fans looked embarrassed from what Cooke did.  NO RESPECT is what Bergy was telling them.
    THis weekend I saw a lot of NO RESPECT from players and it's pretty disgusting.
    I don't GIVE about the suspension he will get ,  what upsets me more is Bruins lose a KEY player for an extended period,  maybe the rest of the season and playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bergie and Sid are friends...what the heck would you say to Sid anyway...he didnt deliver the hit...Mike Richards hit was twice as bad and what did he get...

Cooke is a repeat offender so hopefully that comes into play...bottom line is that Cooke has made a living of running around and hammering people and not fighting...He will not fight...I have watched him line up against guys and the camera zooms in and he mouths"I am not fighting"  He won't fight...so unless you wanna take 5 minutes plus and put Pitts PP to work we need to make this work properly...the time for a reaction would have been in that game...2 weeks from now and no one will care....Begin against Cooke??? Maybe an option...but Chara is scared, Thorton doesnt fight and Lucic won't fight him with a broken honker...Is Lucic the new Tim Hunter???  That nose is taking a life of its own

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I didn't get to see this live, so maybe someone who did can clear a couple things up.  How did Bergeron end up on the ice?  The official TOI does not show a shift for him then, and I thought that jumping off of the bench in such a situation is a no-no.

Incidentally, it does list that Cooke had one more shift, from 16:45-17:29.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

a 2-1 game in the regular season is a fine time for revenge after a hit like that. If they lose out on the playoffs by 2 points, they shouldn't be in them anyway.
    Posted by stingerjp

YOu are wrong.  Getting to the playoffs is worth it for the 3 extra home games alone.

An extremely high percentage of home playoff game revenue goes straight to the bottom line (your highest expense by far, player salaries, shrinks to near $0 in playoff games).  As a result, they are worth their weight in gold.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I think Bergy was campaigning for Sid to be on his side.  Judging by Sid's post-game it appears that it has worked.  I have no idea what Bergy said, but considering him and Sid are friends (meaning Sid would listen to him), I hope Bergy said this:

Look, its not good for the game when these kinds of things are allowed.  As the face of said game and its premier superstar, its your responsibility to campaign for stricter penalties for these types of hits.  You are going to have 2 options going forward.  You can either be that great leader who isnt afraid to come down on his own guys when its clearly warranted (and verbalize to the media and YOUR TEAM about how dissapointed you are) or you can sour your credibility around the league by backing this indefensible idiot.  As your friend, I hope you make the right decision. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Well put Drewski5, I hope you are right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

"Unacceptable". That's what he was thinking anyway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

We all know this team will do nothing next meeting. All I see are a bunch of guys playing out the season!

Thornton should not see the ice again, they don't pay him for his scoring touch!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

An eye for an eye, forget Cooke...he ain't worth it. I want to see Crosby or Malkin laid out.
    Posted by mvegas

You can have control over your emotions, if you choose to

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Hey mvegas, since you're such a tough guy hiding behind your keyboard, why don't YOU lay out one of those Pitts superstars?  Nitwit.  Get a clue. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I didn't get to see this live, so maybe someone who did can clear a couple things up.  How did Bergeron end up on the ice?  The official TOI does not show a shift for him then, and I thought that jumping off of the bench in such a situation is a no-no. Incidentally, it does list that Cooke had one more shift, from 16:45-17:29.
    Posted by DrCC

During an altercation yes but I am not sure during an injury timeout.  There was pushing and shoving going on in the corner.  Savard, Lucic and Ryder were the forwards on the ice at the time of the incident.