Bergeron and Crosby conversation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

Re: Bergeron and Crosby conversation

While I agree Bergie looked none too happy and seemed to be saying as much to Sid, the last person I want taking retribution is Patrice. All we need is for him to get in a fight, get whacked, hit his head and get another concussion. He looked great in his fight in the Montreal series, but honestly, it scared the hell out of me. We employ Thorton, Looch et al for a reason.

And Ryder is gutless for not dropping the gloves and throwing down when he had the chance! Dude can't score a goal to save his life!!!! Please buy him out!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron and Crosby conversation:
    While I agree Bergie looked none too happy and seemed to be saying as much to Sid, the last person I want taking retribution is Patrice. All we need is for him to get in a fight, get whacked, hit his head and get another concussion. He looked great in his fight in the Montreal series, but honestly, it scared the hell out of me. We employ Thorton, Looch et al for a reason. And Ryder is gutless for not dropping the gloves and throwing down when he had the chance! Dude can't score a goal to save his life!!!! Please buy him out!!!!
    Posted by choclab511

I agree that Ryder seemed to be the only Bruin on the ice that knew what happened.He had a responsibility to his team and the fans to do SOMETHING.And to all who thinks Milan should have jumped Cooke,it is clear in the replay that he had no idea what happened or who did it.I am sure he would have gone after Cooke immediately had he seen the hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Again another BS rule for a BS league.  They could not even take revenge or they would lose other players etc... Bergy was giving no respect talk.  I actually hope Cooke does not get suspended for 10 games.  I want him to be there on MARCH 18TH.  The Bruins don't only have to go after Cooke but all their players aggressively. I even wonder if Bylsa dresses Cooke if not suspended. He didn't play those last five mins. of the game. As for Crosby and some of the other Pen fans looked embarrassed from what Cooke did.  NO RESPECT is what Bergy was telling them. THis weekend I saw a lot of NO RESPECT from players and it's pretty disgusting. I don't GIVE about the suspension he will get ,  what upsets me more is Bruins lose a KEY player for an extended period,  maybe the rest of the season and playoffs.
    Posted by BsLegion

I agree.Crosby looked embarrassed about what Cooke had done.Even after the game,he didn't say the automatic"the hit was clean".He instead said how scary it was to see someone hurt like that.I am sure Crosby and Malkin don't like it that the precedent has been set.When Pens and Bruins play it is OK for grinders to take runs at the superstars. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I am sure in the Back of Ryders mind was the fact that he is due a suspension upon review of his hit from Saturdays game..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I am sure in the Back of Ryders mind was the fact that he is due a suspension upon review of his hit from Saturdays game..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

All that should be on his mind is helping his team in any way possible.I also don't expect him to be suspended.His hit was not even comparable to Cooke on Savard.Ryder had no intent to injure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron and Crosby conversation : All that should be on his mind is helping his team in any way possible.I also don't expect him to be suspended.His hit was not even comparable to Cooke on Savard.Ryder had no intent to injure.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I don't know that that is going to matter, it was clearly a boarding and a hit from behind, aside from extending his arms it wasnt all the much different from jones hit on bergeron a couple years ago...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky. Show eyeinthesky's posts

I saw this live and it was quite obvious that bergeron was very upset by the hit and wanted to make sure the pens knew how much he was upset by it.  On the live HD feed, you can clearly see Patrice spit in front of Crosby and Cooke many times.  I saw him do it 2 or 3 times in a row in front of both their skates when he came on the ice.  There is no way he had that much saliva or would spit in front of their eyes with that much anger if he wasn't trying to send a message.  He knew the hit was dirty and could see it from the bench.  My guess is that the next time they meet, their must be retribution.  A cheap shot like that against a top, defenseless player is cause for blood.  I'm sure Thorny will set cooke straight

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Emerson23. Show Emerson23's posts

In years past that hit would have been addressed immediately on the ice. This team has no spirit, no passion, and no leadership. And because they did nothing, the Pens felt comfortable taking a run at Thomas. Big changes are needed. Maybe forecheck insted of trap? The defense is great, allowing only 2 or 3 goals a game. Unfortunately, they can only score 1 themselves. But when you retreat to the nuetral zone, how can you score?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

cooke did not skate again that game, if he had i think it would of been a different story, lets see how it goes down when they meet again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Cooke did indeed skate again that game... they even zoomed in on him during the face-off.  He was lined up with Ryder outside the circle.

Not that it matters with all the aforementioned suspensions and penalties which are automatically doled out with under 5 minutes remaining... however, if we're going to debate the events, let's at least get the facts out.

That being said - based on recent history with the Bruins, it's highly unlikely that there will be any Causeway Street mass-Penguin bludgeoning come 3/18.  The same old line of "the points are more important than revenge" will be queued up over and over in the press leading up to the game.  The Bruins will then get steamrolled by an unfazed Pens squad.  Shortly after that, this brutal season will come to a sad, whimpering end...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Yeah, Bergeron was actually talking to Cooke, Sid and the rest of the Pens just kinda formed a barrier.  Cooke was yapping back at Bergeron.  Cooke will get his in the near future, don't you worry; and I don't think the Pens will be too too upset when this happens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

Its to late , 2 weeks from now to get even, it should of been down right there and then, than with no retaliation for that hit, they take a run at TT and get away with that to , totally embarrassing , what a bunch of stick up for your team mate players we have here. O'Reilly ,Cashman and I could go on here with past players that  wouldn't of let that go, O those were the days.
     This will go around the league and this bunch will be getting run out of buildings with their tail between their legs, wow, how embarrassing this is , can't believe we have sunk this low.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

cooke never had another shift! period!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Again, not that it matters much but...

From NHL.com gamelog :

Shift # 17
    Period # 3
    Start of shift (Elapsed/Game)  16:45/3:15
    End of shift (Elapsed/Game)  17:29/2:31
    Duration 00:44

17 3 16:45 / 3:15 17:29 / 2:31 00:44  

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20092010/TH020965.HTM

Under "24 Cooke,Matt" about half-way down the page.

"Savard, wheeled off the ice on a stretcher at 14:23 of the third period,..."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Incidentally, his previous shift ended at ... 14:23

16 3 14:07 / 5:53 14:23 / 5:37 00:16  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puppydog1. Show puppydog1's posts

I hope Crsby leaves the Garden on a stretcher Mar 18th.  I say run at Crosby anf Malkin and go for the kness or head.  Fight fire with fire.  Eye for an eye and all that!!  

Kill the Penguins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Puppydog...your opinion posted on these boards has no value if you actually want to see anyone from any team carted off on a stretcher. This is a game, these men have families and people who care about them just like you and I. It is to me a sad state when we hockey fans have to put up with post's your's. Grow up and learn some respect for yourself and others.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from -sabot-13. Show -sabot-13's posts

Puppydog...your opinion posted on these boards has no value if you actually want to see anyone from any team carted off on a stretcher. This is a game, these men have families and people who care about them just like you and I. It is to me a sad state when we hockey fans have to put up with post's your's. Grow up and learn some respect for yourself and others.
    Posted by MrVmax

RESPECT!?!  no, i've lost all respect for the bruins last night.  if that was krejci out cold on the ice, do you think savvy would have scratched his but and looked at his feet?

There were 5 guys on the ice who are suppose to have savvy's back.  When he's healthy again, he'd be smart to ask for a trade.  how can he trust his team anymore?  why should he protect them anymore?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

im mad as hell about the hit on savy but as fans we have to remember that the bs are in a playoff race ya you can say it dont matter and all that but remember we've had injuries all yr imo let them play on the 18th and let the gloves come off if its worth it and the bruins DONT lose anymore players for the extra activity (but i still say this hit has to be addressed) if the bs are down big then go after crosby or malkin but if its a 1 goal game then dont do what dal did with us last season

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Look, I agree that it's going too far to say send guys off on stretchers, but frankly, Cooke doesn't seem to care that Savard has a family and people who care about him.  Yes, that's Cooke and not Crosby or Malkin, but you wear the same colours because you are one entity, one team, one unit responsible for each other's backs and each other's actions.  Cooke is part of that team.  He's there to play a role and that role is to make offensive players on other teams tentative because they never know when he's going to take a cheap shot and put them out with an injury - maybe even end their careers.  If he'd hit Bergeron like that, it would be the end of his NHL career at 24.  So the Penguins, as a team, benefit from Cooke's maliciousness. That's why he gets contracts.  Crosby knows this.  Malkin probably doesn't but he should.  If they're so ashamed of Cooke's hit, why aren't they saying to Ray Shero "get this guy out of here?"  Because he helps them win by doing what he does, and that matters more to them than Marc Savard's health or Artem Anisimov's health or whoever he hits next.

In a team environment, you are responsible for your teammates.  Period.  Win as a team, lose as a team, pay the piper as a team.