Bergeron for #4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Bergeron for #4

Krejci & Savard have had concussions as well.

If you look at TSN.ca's player profiles it lists injury history. Very useful.

In Response to Re: Bergeron for #4:
    In Response to Re: Bergeron for #4 : First off, Bergy has sustained two significant concussions.  Not his fault, but his career trajectory has been severely influenced by these events. I have not read one post suggesting that Bergy is an over-achieving 3rd-liner.  Look at the subject of this thread....Bergeron for #4.  The subject alone suggests that Bergy is a high-value player.  Notice that is doesn't say Daniel Paille or Brad Marchand for the #4?  Seems to me like most believe Bergy is a huge asset to the team, but is entering the final year of his contract.  The team needs help on the wing, with a logjam of centers.  It is natural to discuss options, I support moving him to acquire help in other places.  Seems to me that line of thinking is a far cry from "whacked" as you suggest.  
    Posted by Crowls2424

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Bergeron will be a creaky and worn twenty-five when he starts this season. If he signs for under five on anything other than a 15 yr contract the concussions did more damage than we thought.

Personally I think if he were put on Savards wing, or given two good wingers Bergeron would put up top 15/20 numbers.

With two scoring wingers I can easily see him cracking 80 points and wouldn't bet against 100. As a winger to Savard with someone useful on the other end... I'd be disappointed in a line that didn't look something like: 32-31-63 +29

In Response to Re: Bergeron for #4 : What if Bergeron signs for less than $5M and moves to the wing position?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Krejci & Savard have had concussions as well. If you look at TSN.ca's player profiles it lists injury history. Very useful. In Response to Re: Bergeron for #4 :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

Do you actually read what is posted?
    "First off, Bergy has sustained two significant concussions.  Not his fault, but his career trajectory has been severely influenced by these events."

Thanks for the tip re: tsn.ca injury list, I forgot that was out there.  But after checking it out, Krejci's concussion was in 2007, the season before his breakout 2008-2009 campaign. Savard had two concussions back in 2001-2002 that did not seem to impact his best seasons from 2005- 2009.  I agree that we still need to see what the future holds for Savvy after this latest episode.

My point is, that Bergy has not been the same player since returning from his concussions.  His best seasons were from 2005-07, production has dropped off dramatically since.

NHL Stats prior to concussion: 239GP- 72G- 117A- 189pts .79 pts/game
    NHL Stats after concussion: 137GP- 27G- 64A- 91pts .66 pts/game

That represents a 16% drop in point production, and a 35% drop in goal production. Those are the facts.

I would love to see him back, if the team thinks a change to wing can work for him given his concussion history.  Also, he needs a "contact correction", since he is no longer that $5M/year player. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

I don't trust Chiarell's judegement at all.. keep the #2 pick...let Tambellini squirm...dump Thomas and Ryder for cap space...maybe the 15th and 32 nd to get into the top 6...grab a young defenseman...then it will be a great day?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Krejci is better than Bergeron, sorry folks but I would NEVER TRADE BERGERON.

Sections
Shortcuts