BERGERON SUPPORT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Costas-V. Show Costas-V's posts

BERGERON SUPPORT

I am so sick of people talking sh*t about bergeron's offensive ability and saying the kid is overpriced! Look at this kid's highlights, and yes "kid's" he only just turned 24 five days ago...  He was amazing, and made some of the best goals i remember, all highlight worthy material... He had GREAT offensive presence and will regain his form and have a break out year and shut everyone up who says he is overpriced... The kid suffered two concussions, one severe and one moderate i would say... Berg will be back strong, and re-aligned with sturm, he will come back to the bergie who stole the show every night with highlight material goals and sick stick handling... I miss seeing him tear it up!  Everyone says offensive touch is the last thing to come back after such a terrible injury... Talent and skill doesn't just disappear, he still possesses them, and will have a HUGE season!  People have short memories, and I believe this season he will prove to be invaluable... He will make u all remember...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Re: BERGERON SUPPORT

There is nothing bad to say about him.  He is my fav, although Looch showing up is making me switch.  Wait until Bergy and Sturm get going again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RayBaz. Show RayBaz's posts

I agree. Bergie will be back with a vengence this upcoming season. Didn't the detractors watch the games at the end of the season and the playoffs? That was the Bergie we all want to see. He played great hockey. Bergie will be fine this season. He might not have put up great offensive numbers but his continuous improvement in other areas of the game should give people reason for pause. Bergie will surprise quite a few fans this upcoming season (as long as he does not get injured again). Here's hoping the injury bug stays away from Bergie. And I am looking forward to seeing him line up again with Sturm. I wonder who would be the third player on the Sturm-Bergie line?
    Go Bruins!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

I would throw Recchi onto that line in a heartbeat, we all saw the chemistry between him and Bergeron.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

I'm thinking Sturm, Bergy, Wheeler to start the season, I hear Wheels has beefed up. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Anyone who bashes Bergeron needs to think about the injury he had to come back from. He had his head smashed into the glass and missed pretty much the whole season. To make things worse, it was an injury that prevented him from working out and rehabbing. It was going to take him a season to get back. At the end of last season, he was starting to show signs of getting back to being a good offensive threat. I think he will have abounce back season this year. As for linemates, Patty B has had good chemistry with Sturm, Recchi & Kobasew.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geesh, i tell yah... You don't know how many times i have posted blogs in defence and support to Patrice Bergeron. The kid was thought to be one of the top young guns in the NHL prior to his injury. All i hear on these boards are people talking about dumping him and trading him and on and on and on. These so called "fans" don't know nothing about hockey. Everyone is so unfair to Bergeron.

Patrice Bergeron missed 72 games in the 2007-2008. He came back healthy this past season and had what i thought a good post injury season. I truly believe that Axelsson being on his line for the majority of the season really hurt his progress and development. Every time Bergeron entered the zone with Kobasew streaking down the right wing Axelsson will just curl back to the blue line for "defensive" purposes which affected the offensive zone attack and scoring chances. Regardless, Patrice managed to start getting into a grove almost mid-way through the season. Unfortunately he was involved in a collision with Sidenberg in the Carolina game which caused him to have a set back. Bergerin game really blossomed right after the Bruins acquired Mark Reechi. Immediately Bergeron became a monster once again, hitting, playmaking and scoring.  Over the last 20 game stretch Patrice Bergeron was their best player. Hey don't take my word for it, Claude Julien mentioned it on NESN right before the playoffs started.

Patrice Bergeron was the building block when he arrived and to me he still is. He is also (when healthy) the Bruins' best all-around player on the team. The kid can  straight out play hockey and he WILL be a dominant player once again in this league. Let's not forget he was Team Canada's best player, top scorer & MVP for the juniors tournament. And oh yeah, some guy named Crosby was on that same team, weird.

We all know what kind of injury he suffered and i understand what he had to go through because i suffered a grade three concussion 3 years back as well. The symptoms are painful and can last years. Still till this day i get severe migraines and my eyes are sensitive to bright lights in result of my injury. Everyone is different and i am amazed on how quickly Bergeron has recovered. A good example of an NHL player with previous concussion issues is Simon Gane from the Flyers. It took Simon Gange almost 2 full seasons to regain his form but look at him now. He is that same dangerous offensive player he used to be. I wish Patrice Bergeron well and hope he can stay healthy because when he is on he is the most dangerous player on the ice.

The point is that it was a post-injury season and it should be considered a "wash". Let's see how good he can be, having Sturm and Reechi for a full season.

Patrice Bergeron #37 on the sweater...#1 in the hearts of the fans!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Costas-V. Show Costas-V's posts

THANK GOD FOR THE REPLIES SO FAR, ITS GOOD TO SEE PEOPLE AGREEING WITH MY POST AND REMEMBERING HOW GREAT PATRICE WAS BEFORE HIS INJURY!  I have been disgusted everytime I have read any one suggesting dumping him!  He was my fav b4 the injury and still my fav now... People don't realize what he has gone thru and what it takes to come back... Like u said Xenimus, last season was a wash... and also u made a great point about it taking gagne two seasons to get back and look at him now... Patrice will be tearing it up with sturm on his left this year, i dont care who is on his right, be it kobasew, wheeler or recchi (i know recchi is a LW) but the point is any combo of those guys will make a sick line and I believe Bergeron will be right back between 70-80 points this year...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: BERGERON SUPPORT:
    THANK GOD FOR THE REPLIES SO FAR, ITS GOOD TO SEE PEOPLE AGREEING WITH MY POST AND REMEMBERING HOW GREAT PATRICE WAS BEFORE HIS INJURY!  I have been disgusted everytime I have read any one suggesting dumping him!  He was my fav b4 the injury and still my fav now... People don't realize what he has gone thru and what it takes to come back... Like u said Xenimus, last season was a wash... and also u made a great point about it taking gagne two seasons to get back and look at him now... Patrice will be tearing it up with sturm on his left this year, i dont care who is on his right, be it kobasew, wheeler or recchi (i know recchi is a LW) but the point is any combo of those guys will make a sick line and I believe Bergeron will be right back between 70-80 points this year...
    Posted by Costas-V

Very true indeed!...Can't wait for the season to start. My main focus is going to be Patrice Bergeron who i also think can be a 85+ point player, he's that good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from eleusis. Show eleusis's posts

Amen doesn't even begin to cover it. This guy's one of our best, no doubt in my mind.

I don't usually love anecdotal evidence, but I'll throw this out anyway: anyone who doesn't like Bergeron needs to take another look at his OT assist against the Habs.  It was a thing of beauty.

Bergeron isn't the team's sniper, but man does he set up plays.

And while we're at it, all this "we should trade Savard" nonsense is ridiculous, too -- even putting aside his no-trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

kudos for starting this thread. I would think Bergeron, if he plays 75+ games should finish with 25 goals and 45 assists.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Costas-V. Show Costas-V's posts

He was definatly on his way to becoming that player before the concussions... I am gonna say he will be at a minimum of 70 points this season, right where he left off, he is definatly capable of being in the 80-90 points range though, but like DKrejci said on this board, 25 goals 45 assists sounds good... I would love to see him break the 30 goal mark this season... On a side note I can't wait to see the B's this year with a healthy Bergeron and Sturm united again. Think about it, which line do the opposing teams try to shut down first?  Its a lose lose for anyone who faces us... 3 lines that can score pretty evenly... Scary stuff

In Response to Re: BERGERON SUPPORT : Very true indeed!...Can't wait for the season to start. My main focus is going to be Patrice Bergeron who i also think can be a 85+ point player, he's that good.
    Posted by xenimus

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

The only thing I'm waiting to see to be convinced he's back is that Hull-esque one-timer from the left circle.  He had a couple attempts last year that didn't quite work out, either mis-timed or they went wide.

I'd say he's our best all-round player.  Now that Axie's moved on, he's arguably our best defensive forward.  He can score, he can set up, he can win puck battles, he could play D in a pinch.  Hell, you could probably throw goalie pads on him and he could get you a win.

I'm horribly biased, he's been my personal favorite since he entered the league.  I have had the same autgraphed jersey of his since forever (well, since I was able to get my greasy paws on one).  I might retire it for Lucic this year, but Bergy's is getting framed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from camara937. Show camara937's posts

Bergeron has been my favorite player since he came into the league. The reason i really started to love bergy is due to the fact that I got to see him play a lot of games during the lockout when he went to play with Providence. I jsut fell in love with his game and his style. He plays a style that I always felt the way hockey should be played. He plays smart, physical, tricky, and smooth. He is a complete player. He has tremendous vision on the ice and one of the highest iq's in the league. When he went down in the 07-08 season I wanted to cry. I thought ive saw the last of Patrice Bergeron. I thought he had skated his last game as a NHL player. I honestly thought we had another Normand Leveille on our hands. Which was the last thing the Bruins needed.

It was great seeing him on the ice last year. Even though he was still getting use to his game again and he struggled at times, just seeing him on the ice was enough for me. If bergy had sturm all season and didnt suffer the 2nd concussion, his point production would have been much higher. It really pisses me off when people say bergy lost it, it really does.

I exepect around 60-70 points from him this season. He is still our best all around player and if we get rid of him we will realize how important he really was to our team. He does everything on the ice, we need him as bad as we need any other Bruin.

Bergy we love you and we wish you the best!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

He was definatly on his way to becoming that player before the concussions... I am gonna say he will be at a minimum of 70 points this season, right where he left off, he is definatly capable of being in the 80-90 points range though, but like DKrejci said on this board, 25 goals 45 assists sounds good... I would love to see him break the 30 goal mark this season... On a side note I can't wait to see the B's this year with a healthy Bergeron and Sturm united again. Think about it, which line do the opposing teams try to shut down first?  Its a lose lose for anyone who faces us... 3 lines that can score pretty evenly... Scary stuff In Response to Re: BERGERON SUPPORT :
    Posted by Costas-V

I agree.  I truely think Patrice Bergeron is a lock to be a 30+/50+ player when he regains his form. Keep in mind that as an NHL player coming of injury your timing on your offensive skills set and instincs are the last and hardest attributes to get back. He's defensive game was awesome this past season and i look forward to more of the same.

SIDE NOTE: As someone else mentioned on here, i would love for Patrice to get off the point and play on the left wing on the power play again. The kid has a cannon of a one timer and has a leathal snap shot from the slot. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FatBob. Show FatBob's posts

All that has been said is true, but once you get bruise the noggin it gets easier and easier to do.  Hopefully, there will be no head hunting and the extra padding in the helmet protects him.  I will say, if he take a third concussion, then quit.  It is not worth risking your life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Love the post of the OT Recchi goal - that is a "true Bruin" type of play - drop a guy (actually send him a few steps backwards then he falls) and then make a nice offensive play for the goal. He was GREAT down the stretch this year - possibly our top forward all around in the playoffs - Great left hook vs. Georges.
    I would think Kobasew stays with him and Recchi. Sturm with Krecji and Wheeler was a nice line early last season - and Ryder slides up into Kessels spot (of course all depends on his situation).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Costas-V. Show Costas-V's posts

I was expecting more people to reply to this, but I am happy with the replies so far... I just feel bad for how the so called fans have some what turned their backs on Bergeron and I want to see more people remember how good of a player he really is and show their support here...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I have one thing to say in support of Bergie:

Concuss this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn2JZloX8Ww

Oh, and I put forth the suggestion that he be called 'Lefty' from here on in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

I was expecting more people to reply to this, but I am happy with the replies so far... I just feel bad for how the so called fans have some what turned their backs on Bergeron and I want to see more people remember how good of a player he really is and show their support here...
    Posted by Costas-V

Great post!!! I replied to a post last week that was suggesting Bergeron should be traded due to his health and contract. That annoyed me immensely as he deserves a legitimate opportunity to make it back to his pre injury level before he is judged. Even with his concussion he demonstrates more passion and a desire to help the team game in and game out than many of the much healthier players on the team. Does he always get results....no. But the effort never wanes. This is a guy who wants to contribute to the Bruins at all cost and to get his game back. Give him the chance he deserves and drop the what have you done for me lately attitude.

Sections
Shortcuts