Bergeron Traded...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Bergeron Traded...

It hasnt happened... YET... but could.

Back a few years ago - bruins fans will remember we struggled out of the gate in 2005 after being prematurely eliminated in the playoffs the season before. (lockout year N/A) The bruins traded their best player, Joe Thornton, to shake things up. He was one of the captains on the team. Trade happened on Nov 30th.

Hands down - Patrice Bergeron has been the best player on this struggling team. A true leader and a true bruin. His face value has never been higher since the 06-07 season. The team's strength is their center position. a true weakness is a left handed first line player. Come November 30th the bruins might see themselves adding Savard and Lucic back to the mix in a week. Thus, Bergeron would fall back to the third line, a price tag of 4.75 cap hit for a 3rd line center is a big money. His ice time would take a significant hit behind Savard and Krecji. Trading him would free up some additional cap space for an impact first line player.

If November 30th comes around and you see the title of this post on Boston.com dont be suprised. You cant add star power without giving up some talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Bergeron Traded...

//Trading him would free up some additional cap space for an impact first line player//

And you can't add a star without cap space. 
    I wouldn't be surprised and makes sense.  You cannot trade un-wanted pieces for talent. Are the other teams that dumb ? There's no Harold Ballard anymore (not sure you spell his name that way).
    The center position we don't lack but a scoring winger ??? nuff said.
    This is where Sobotka comes in. He might just be his replacement , maybe not offensively talented as Bergy but will do the job from what I've seen.
    Let's remember while I like Bergeron and in a better world would like him to stay a Bruin you got to think he's maybe one hit away from retirement.
    He has value now and might be a good time.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Absolutely a dumb idea. We are just starting to see him back to 73 point form. He is the only player showing guts & determination out there. Vlady is not the answer either. He is agressive but he lacks touch. He is only good for a handful of dirty goals. He is not the type of player you will say wow when he scores. If Bergy is traded who do you want to free up space for?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

no one is a GM - so might as well put out some intriguing scenarios to spice things up a bit. Bergeron like previously said has never had better trade value. Hes great on the powerplay but lets face it - youre paying him HUGE bucks to be a third line center. You free up some space to sign a first line winger (preferrably a pure left winger) RIGHT now bergeron is on pace to be a 70 point player, once again. BUT after savard comes back - he dips back into the shadows behind Savard and Krecji.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I don't thnk so.

Bergeron is not the superstar talent of Joe Thornton. He wouldn't bring that much in return.

Not that they got much for Thornton, relatively , I mean. But a guy that is not that far removed from a serious concussion would bring even less.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Trading Bergeron would be a big mistake.He is rounding into form and has been playing hard every shift unlike other Bruins. Get rid of Sturm and Recchi maybe we could get a 3rd liner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Players you dont eve touch over the next 3 years

Looch
    Savvy
    Chara
    Bergeron
    Krejci
    Wheel

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

okay, firstly, do people understand that you can't trade sturm? NO TRADE CLAUSE. They've asked him, he won't waive it.

I don't like the idea of trading bergeron. good teams are deep down the middle. Look at pittsburgh, they have 22 million locked up in their top 3 centers i believe

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

trading bergeron seems like the more logical choice out of most of our star players. Savard will be resigned to an extension (we all know what the team looks like without him) Krecji is already signed to an extension. Savard is gonna look for a player that can help him out offensively on his left side. Bergerons a 1st or 2nd line center on most other teams. Hes showing his ability to not only the boston fans but also to other GMs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

This thread makes sense because of Bergy's huge cap hit-4.75

However, one glaring weakness is the level of his play.  Yeah-he's playing better than any player on the team, but that isn't saying much right now.  He ranks 102nd in NHL scoring; not a misprint- 102!!!

He would not bring much back in a trade and at that cap #, the B's would be lucky to get rid of him at all.

I really DO like the guy, but let's accept him for what he is: a good 3rd line center when the B's are healthy...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

In Response to Re: Bergeron Traded...:
    [QUOTE]This thread makes sense because of Bergy's huge cap hit-4.75 However, one glaring weakness is the level of his play.  Yeah-he's playing better than any player on the team, but that isn't saying much right now.  He ranks 102nd in NHL scoring; not a misprint- 102!!! He would not bring much back in a trade and at that cap #, the B's would be lucky to get rid of him at all. I really DO like the guy, but let's accept him for what he is: a good 3rd line center when the B's are healthy...
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Bergeron could be a 1st line winger on Savards line he has soft hands, passes intelligently. skates well has good shot. These are all intangibles needed to be a 1st line winger so why not try that. I'am sure they could find a 3rd line checking line center as they come easier then 1st line players.

Why haven't we used Bergeron on the point on the pp he makes good passes and his shot is good.

Just my thoughts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

[QUOTE]Players you dont eve touch over the next 3 years Looch Savvy Chara Bergeron Krejci Wheel
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010[/QUOTE]

Or Stuart and Sturm because they can't.

We need a STUD, trade 4 players for a kovalchuck or Lecavalier.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]Bergeron could be a 1st line winger on Savards line he has soft hands, passes intelligently. skates well has good shot. These are all intangibles needed to be a 1st line winger so why not try that. I'am sure they could find a 3rd line checking line center as they come easier then 1st line players. Why haven't we used Bergeron on the point on the pp he makes good passes and his shot is good. Just my thoughts.
    Posted by woodtick7[/QUOTE]

I think that would be a good idea when everyone is healthy.  Sobotka could fill his old role as #3 center also.

I don't like Bergy on the point though- he did that a while back...I would prefer Chara there if he can ever get his game back on track!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]This thread makes sense because of Bergy's huge cap hit-4.75 However, one glaring weakness is the level of his play.  Yeah-he's playing better than any player on the team, but that isn't saying much right now.  He ranks 102nd in NHL scoring; not a misprint- 102!!! He would not bring much back in a trade and at that cap #, the B's would be lucky to get rid of him at all. I really DO like the guy, but let's accept him for what he is: a good 3rd line center when the B's are healthy...
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

but when you add a 2nd round pick ? or a 1st for a superstar it becomes a good trade.
    Like I said earlier and you must stay objective because not all our players on the roster are stars (some of you seem to think so), some maybe have promise but teams trading this early want results now. So again why would teams take our un-waned players.
    Who wants Ference , a UFA ?  His value , 0.
    Who wants Wideman ?  Had only one pretty good year , value 0
    Who wants Sturm ? yes yes he has no a no trade clause .
    Who wants Ryder ?  1 goals thus far and making 4M .  not a go.
    I never suggested trading Sobotka , I merely said we have depth on the center position and Bergeron vs cap space and the return we can get is the best option.
    Sobotka could replace Bergy on the 3rd line.
    Trade Chara ?  ahhhhhh  this is a story for another day.

I like Bergeron a lot and it would hurt me to see him go ,  okay that's my soft side, my hockey side is saying, it might be our best option to fill the void we have in this team.
    Hey !  I loved Barry Pederson (if some of you remember) but we got Cam Neely out of that trade.  Disappointed at first but soon Cam made me forget Pederson.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron Traded... : but when you add a 2nd round pick ? or a 1st for a superstar it becomes a good trade. Like I said earlier and you must stay objective because not all our players on the roster are stars (some of you seem to think so), some maybe have promise but teams trading this early want results now. So again why would teams take our un-waned players. Who wants Ference , a UFA ?  His value , 0. Who wants Wideman ?  Had only one pretty good year , value 0 Who wants Sturm ? yes yes he has no a no trade clause . Who wants Ryder ?  1 goals thus far and making 4M .  not a go. I never suggested trading Sobotka , I merely said we have depth on the center position and Bergeron vs cap space and the return we can get is the best option. Sobotka could replace Bergy on the 3rd line. Trade Chara ?  ahhhhhh  this is a story for another day. I like Bergeron a lot and it would hurt me to see him go ,  okay that's my soft side, my hockey side is saying, it might be our best option to fill the void we have in this team. Hey !  I loved Barry Pederson (if some of you remember) but we got Cam Neely out of that trade.  Disappointed at first but soon Cam made me forget Pederson.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

If you could trade Bergy and a 1st or second rounder (or both 1st and 2nd)for a superstar-you are right, it would be a great deal.  My point is that I don't think he could fetch that.  I think Bergy is good but wouldn't pull in that talent unless it was a future UFA that would serve as a rental.

I also think you undervalue some of the B's players- Ference and Wideman do have trade value, although they would get us nothing close to a superstar...

Right now the best bet would be to wait for our guys to get back on track and our other guys to get healthy...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

If he got traded I would yell shenanigans from the tops of my lungs and probably stop watching the Bruins. This guy is a gamer and comes to play every night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I wouldn't trade Bergeron now that he seems to be coming around.Now trading either Ference or Recchi  now were talking.I have heard it mentioned that there may be a rift over the handling of the firing of pa boss Paul Kelly and how Recchi made comments to the media blasting Ference.If this is true the should put an end to this sooner rather then later before this season is lost.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron Traded... : Or Stuart and Sturm because they can't. We need a STUD, trade 4 players for a kovalchuck or Lecavalier.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]
    stuart should be untouchable.....as should tuukka and torontos pick

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No GM is going to trade for a player (Bergeron) making close to 4Mil a year and that has had multiple concussions. Not going to happen No GM would do it.

Can't replace 2 way centers like Patrice No Way! If anyone goes it would be Denise "cough it up in front of your own net with a smile"Wideman and/or Michael "Can't get the puck within 10 feet of the net" Ryder to go probably a nice Christmas present for there underacheiving/over compensated useless snow shoe selves!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]okay, firstly, do people understand that you can't trade sturm? NO TRADE CLAUSE. They've asked him, he won't waive it. I don't like the idea of trading bergeron. good teams are deep down the middle. Look at pittsburgh, they have 22 million locked up in their top 3 centers i believe
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Bryan McCabe had a no movement clause - he now plays in Florida.
    Danny Boyle had a NTC, but the pipes still came calling.
    You tell any NHL player that they'll be in the minors or on the couch because they're no longer in your plans, and they'll waive their NTCs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

"Bergeron traded"----- a fraudulent title and a dumb idea.  

Oh, I get it:  Cure the patient with heart disease by cutting his heart out!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins12. Show bruins12's posts

[QUOTE]No GM is going to trade for a player (Bergeron) making close to 4Mil a year and that has had multiple concussions. Not going to happen No GM would do it. Can't replace 2 way centers like Patrice No Way! If anyone goes it would be Denise "cough it up in front of your own net with a smile" Wideman and/or Michael " Can't get the puck within 10 feet of the net " Ryder to go probably a nice Christmas present for there underacheiving/over compensated useless snow shoe selves!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don't think any GM is going to trade for either of those players as they are both overpaid greatly. A few might be interested in Wideman but the Bruins still seem very high on him and probably are not willing to give up on him just yet. However, Ryder is dead weight and being payed $ 4 million to produce nothing, hence why no other GM would even consider a conversation that involved him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bergeron Traded... : Unfortunately I don't think any GM is going to trade for either of those players as they are both overpaid greatly. hence why no other GM would even consider a conversation that involved him.
    Posted by bruins12[/QUOTE]

Salary dump for both teams. Sending underachievers packaged with the draft picks PC has accumulated. PC scenario "You want some of the Bruins high draft picks i've accumulated ? Then you must take either Ryder or Wideman for your proven sniper." Ryder especially his contract is up at the end of the 2011 season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]Players you dont eve touch over the next 3 years Looch Savvy Chara Bergeron Krejci Wheel
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010[/QUOTE]

Great post, I believe this as well. I'm starting to feel that Kessel should have been on that list, but at least we have 2 good chances at a decent pick.

Sections
Shortcuts