bergeron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sweepa8989. Show sweepa8989's posts

bergeron

Bergeron had 70 points last year...When did he have this off season you speak of???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup07. Show jessup07's posts

bergeron

you are right, there are 2 reasons why bergeron didnt have a great season (70 pts is decent but that plus/minus, ugh) the number one reason did have something to do with inconsistant lines. boyes bergeron and sturm were a hot combo last season and for whatever reason lewis broke them up right away. the reason EVERYBODY (except savard) had an average or bad season was lewis!! and his dumb azz system! if you can call total chaos a system. this "system" led to the trades of stuart, mara and boyes and jurcina. every player that left boston this year said how much fun they were having with the new teams and each improved on their stat categories! i give PC a big pat on the back for getting rid of DL. julien will be a big difference this year.

as for the second reason behind bergerons average play was that he was rumoured to be battling an upperbody injury the majority of the season. you mentioned he looked out of place on the point, but i watched every game the last 2 years and he looked out of place everywhere this season. he didnt have the spring in his step or the grit he showed by throwing the big hits like last year. there was flashes of good play by him and then he would just dissappear. team canada wanted bergeron to play in the world championships this year but he declined because of injury, i think he was only playing because he felt pressured. "old" bergy will be back next season, along with the "old" chara i hope, we will be fine, we have alot of young studs in the juniors and on the farm, go B's!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox3054. Show bosox3054's posts

bergeron

Fun fact: Bergereon had more points than Chris Drury each of the last two years.

Supposedly, he has a nice relationship with Claude. Hopefully he thrives next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymac. Show hockeymac's posts

bergeron

First, what a game last night, this team is improving on a daily basis. Just continue on the same path and we might just see a cup in the near future, maybe not this year but soon.á Any way I was discussing BergeronÆs injury with some friends and many seem to think he may not recover 100%.á HeÆll play again but might not be the player he was??á And although heÆll return this year or next year it might be years before he fully recovers??á Anyone have any thoughts on this?