BERGY,SAVARD,OR KREJCI?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

BERGY,SAVARD,OR KREJCI?

Ok all you GMs,Coaches,pick 1 who you would prefer leave town in order to get an elete wing and make room for Tyler.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: BERGY,SAVARD,OR KREJCI?

Bergeron or Savard. Since Savard signed a long contract Bergeron with Seguin taking his spot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

KEEP ALL OF THEM!!! What idiot wants to get rid of any of these players

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

we will keep all and move 1 to wing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Bergy is the only one I could see doing that,but does he want to play wing?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Why do any of them have to leave? Seguin being a rookie will start on wing an earn the center position if he wants it. Thats what they made Bergeron do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky. Show eyeinthesky's posts

CaptBerg is right, seguin will start on the wing if he makes the team this year.  He will become a C further down the road when he has proven he can carry a line by himself.  until then, he should remain a compliment to one of the proven centers already on the roster to make an elite scoring line.  KEEP ALL CENTERS, They all bring something special and no reason they can't all be kept.  Too much talent to let one walk, we can wingers another way, like moving Wheeler, Ryder, Stuart, Thomas, or picks. would prefer to see seidenberg go before stuart or boychuk, he just didn't prove enough to me to give him the contract he is looking for and prob will get.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: BERGY,SAVARD,OR KREJCI?:
       Why do any of them have to leave? Seguin being a rookie will start on wing an earn the center position if he wants it. Thats what they made Bergeron do. Posted by captainbergeron

Well said!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Much as I'd hate to part with any of them, and despite surgery in two off seasons in a row... Krejci probably can get the best return. Bergeron has one year left on his contract, Savard's is long and he had both a foot and head injury last year, plus he's the least athletic of the three although he's probably a slightly faster skater than Krejci. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

put a gun to my head,cause that is what it would take,well maybe id settle for toews for savard,it would have to be savard....if it was just for cap relieve purposes id cut ryder & take the 1.3 hit first....does anyone know if you put a player on waivers & they sign with another team,does that count towards your cap?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Kessel was a centre and was moved to the wing. It happens ALL THE TIME.
    Nobody has to be traded !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Bergeron makes the most, and despite all the hype he gets on this board, Krejci is the better player. Krejci is probably the best contract we have on this roster, so save 2 million by choosing him. Savard is a long term contract, and is the most important player on this team on the PP. None of these guys have the physical strength to play along the boards...so moving one of them to wing isn't an option.
    We've got too many finesse forwards as it is.

I'm sure the Bergeron propaganda machine is about to go into hyperdrive...
    you know the whole "face off", and "2 way player" thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

put a gun to my head,cause that is what it would take,well maybe id settle for toews for savard,it would have to be savard....if it was just for cap relieve purposes id cut ryder & take the 1.3 hit first....does anyone know if you put a player on waivers & they sign with another team,does that count towards your cap?
    Posted by pucman

I'm no cap geek, but Sean Avery was placed on waivers by Dallas (due to Sloppy Seconds Gate) and claimed by NYR. It seems that both Dallas and NYR are each responsible for half of his cap hit of his contract, thus maybe a team would be responsible for half of the cap hit of a player claimed on waivers by another team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

After watching Toews play for Chicago I would really like Seguin to get his time at Center....If I could do anything I would move Bergy to 1st line wing with Savvy and Lucic, but my guess is that some will be moved.  Money is going to be tight and Bergy makes the most....let's hope they can move Ryder.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

After watching Toews play for Chicago I would really like Seguin to get his time at Center....If I could do anything I would move Bergy to 1st line wing with Savvy and Lucic, but my guess is that some will be moved.  Money is going to be tight and Bergy makes the most....let's hope they can move Ryder.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Thanks TuukaninNet,  the fact remains the Bruins are not going to play a talent on wing to prove his worth.  Not saying he is the next coming of Wayne Gretzky but reality is his skill level is significant.  Some on here say he can play left wing and right wing then make references to Chiarelli's comment on his abilities as compared to LaFontaine or Stamkos.  Well in my estimation Chiarelli is saying he is a center.  One GM will realize the Bruins dilemma in the next year and offer a nice package for Bergeron, Krejci and/or Savard.  Ryder is a man without a team, he will be packaged in a trade undoubtedly.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Bergy,but who needs to sure up center depth?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If a player's claimed on waivers, you're free of his cap hit and his money.  If a player's claimed on recall waivers, then you're on the hook for half cap/salary.  No one claims players with 'problem' contracts when they're sent down - they occasionally grab them on the way back up, which is, I believe, what happened with Avery.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

thanks bookboy.....so putting ryder on waivers & someone picks him up were free & clear of his salary.....i dont think we can get anything for him,maybe a 5th rder,i certainly would take that chance & free up 4 mill to be spent else where....i think his spot could be taken by sauve,marchand,caron & we have 3 mill to spend towards say seidenberg 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

If we could move him, then Savard should go.

A combo of Seguin-Krejci-Bergeron is pretty sick going forward. 2 top notch offensive players and a shutdown guy. Not better than the combo in Pitt, but as close as any other team in the league. On top of that we have better D and Rask (who I think is better than Fleury).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Kessel was moved from center because he couldn't play the position. Horrible at faceoffs, no defensive game, and all the aggression of a particularly vicious spider plant.

Kessel was a centre and was moved to the wing. It happens ALL THE TIME. Nobody has to be traded !!!
    Posted by biggskye

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

So you know hockey better than Cam, Cherry, Hocky Canada, and everyone else?
    Bergeron had as many points this season as Krejci in less games.
    Career points per game:
    Bergeron is .744
    Krejci is .681

This is despite Bergeron having to carry the team before Savards arrival, being given most of the defensive responability since, and spending a lot of the last two seasons with either Paille or Axellsson on one wing, and a cast of thousands on the other. Bergeron has had a 30+ goal season, Krejci's high is 22 which is equal to Bergeron's second highest campaign. In about 1/3 more games, Bergeron has more than twice as many game winning goals. Add in Bergeron's hitting, conditioning, faceoffs, and ability to go into the corners and along the wall and take the puck from bigger, guys like teeny, tiny Tyler Myers, and yes, Bergeron is the superior player.

All that said, I still like Krejci's "A game" tons, and don't even cry too much when we have to see his "B- game".

n Response to Re: BERGY,SAVARD,OR KREJCI?:
    Bergeron makes the most, and despite all the hype he gets on this board, Krejci is the better player. Krejci is probably the best contract we have on this roster, so save 2 million by choosing him. Savard is a long term contract, and is the most important player on this team on the PP. None of these guys have the physical strength to play along the boards...so moving one of them to wing isn't an option. We've got too many finesse forwards as it is. I'm sure the Bergeron propaganda machine is about to go into hyperdrive... you know the whole "face off", and "2 way player" thing.
    Posted by JWensink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

None of the above. Seguin, if drafted will play on the wing until he learns how to play in the NHL. The biggest risk right now is that Savvy will come back with less capability. He might be OK, but his few games in the playoffs were not too good. Bergie and kreji control parts of the game that are vital to winning. It was the failure of wings like Wheeler, Ryder, Paille, plus the injury to Sturm that caused failure in the playoffs, and during the year. At the same time the defense like Ference[cannot understand that signing, and now he is re-habbing so will not be traded, just paid. Ference, with his experience should have been more than a 5/6 player, but he was not. Chara does not come out of the season as clean as he should, just look at his pass to Kreji as an example of year-long mistakes. Seidenberg was steady and hopefully will be back. And we know that Wideman had a less than stellar season. So, let's wait for the draft and any trades that reflect PC's and his managemant team's perceptions

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

You do not draft a potential franchise player and play him out of position.  Seguin is a Center and should be a Center when he suits up for the B's.  No other franchise in the NHL would move this kid to wing and disrupt his development.  Outside of Kessel, name another franchise-level winger that was a center in college/junior?  Even for Kessel, I am not sure that he was a center anywhere other than U of Minnesota, as I remember him playing wing in the World Junior Tournament. 

I think the odd-man out is Bergy.  He is at $5M next year and a UFA after the season.  I think Bergy has been a great Bruin, but with this team's depth at Center, unfortunately he needs to go.  Savvy is an option as well, except that his contract is Cap-friendly and he has a NTC.  I have to think that Bergy would be coveted by a number of teams, so he is a chip that bring some scoring to the wing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Most of these questions are going to come up Bergeron.  Bergeron's contract isn't consistent with the contracts of Savard or Krejci, and he's up after next year, so they have to decide what they're willing to pay to keep him.  Could be he's not happy with being a shutdown centre and wants the chance to grow into a top line role.  Strange to say that, right now, he's the healthiest of the three too.  Add that Krejci took a sweet deal to stay in Boston and will still be an RFA at the end, and Savard just took a sweet deal to retire a Bruin, and it's hard to justify moving them unless you need to get rid of them.

The big question is can you get a winger who's better over there than Bergeron would be.  I disagree that he can't play along the wall.  He's great at coming out of piles with the puck, protecting it on the wall, and working the cycle (Krejci's pretty good there too).  Most of that is that he's pretty strong on his stick. Be interesting to see if he can finally get back to his pre-concussion playing weight/muscle mass over the summer. 

Freed from his defensive responsibilities as a centre, I think he could up his goal total by going to the net more often, and he's one of the very few Bruins who has skated the puck into the danger zones with any kind of consistency.  Be great to see if he could bottle that rushing mindset he's shown if given a chance to zip up and down the wing.  The only problem with this is that he's your best faceoff guy, but nothing says he can't take key draws, play C on the PK or PP or just late in games.  

For the right deal, I'd move just about anyone (if the Caps offered Ovechkin and their #1 for Seguin/Hall, Ryder and Tim Thomas, you'd listen right?), but I'm not sure I see a potential deal out there that would make the Bruins better than putting Bergeron or Seguin on the wing.  I've said elsewhere that I think Seguin should earn a centre spot - don't hand these guys anything other than a contract and a jersey.    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Strength down the middle is what separates good teams from great ones. The Bruins have ridiculous talent at center with Bergeron, Savard and Krejci, and also with Sobotka hopefully centering the grinder line.

BOTH Seguin and Hall CAN PLAY ALL THREE FORWARD POSITIONS.

There is no need to trade a center, ESPECIALLY any of those guys. Why on earth would the Bruins cripple themselves?

Sections
Shortcuts