best fighters in bruins history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

best fighters in bruins history

who do you think are some of the best fighters in Bruins History? one i know that comes to mind that a lot of people do not remember is PJ Stock

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

Re: best fighters in bruins history

I don't know how anyone could forget PJ Stock? I sure haven't.

Some of the best Bruins fighters since I've been following the team were Lyndon Byers, Kenny Belanger, Stocker, Doug Doull, Dennis 'The Menace' Bonvie, Colton Orr, and of course Lucic.

Before my time there was Stan Jonathan, Wayne Cashman, John Wensink, & Terry 'Taz' O'Reilly to name a few.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

The only thing Stock was worse at fighting than is being a TSN analyst.

Whole 70's team was pretty tough just ask the New yoork fans.

Who I've seen

Orr
    Green(B4 Maki)
    Cashman
    O'Reilly
    Johnathon
    Wensink
    Byers
    Neeley
    Crowder
    Thornton Joe won more than Shawn
    Shoebottom
    Iafrate
    Lucic

Lots more ...

Neeley/Johnathon best
    Lucic working his way in when he fights it is 100% animal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Yeah Ever see Jay Miller go? He was one of the best fighters ever, those great battles agianst Hab John Kordick was some thing to see. Byers had the best upper cut he probably had the most ko's in Bruins history

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

how you forget shawn thornton and big z

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I agree with bobby774,

Jay Miller was the best.

#2 O'Reilly
    #3 Wensink
    #4 Cashman
    #5 Jonathan
    #6 Neely
    #7 Shawn Thornton ( not to be confused with Joe)
    #8 Milbury
    #9 Byers
    #10 Nilan
    #11 Chara (mainly based on size)
    #12 K. Crowder ( not to be confused with Bruce)
    #13 Stock
    #14 Brian Curran
    I think that covers the best ones not counting guys who only had a brief stay, Doug Doull , etc.  Maybe the order is not 100% , you can argue that , but you can't sue me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Shoebottom was a spinning top w/ no balance- looked fierce but always ended up on bottom.

Crowder seemed willing in his early years but was the Steve Montador of his era.

Iafrate ?

Miller was among the best.

Others not mentioned: 

Jamie Huscroft
    Rick Tocchet
    Gord Kluzak

Al Secord

Dean Chynoweth

Jeff Odgers 
    Glen Featherstone
    Darin Kimble

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

good list, but Milbury and Chow ? 

did Chow ever win a fight ? Milbury was willing but not that effective... 

In Response to Re: best fighters in bruins history:
    [QUOTE]I agree with bobby774, Jay Miller was the best. #2 O'Reilly #3 Wensink #4 Cashman #5 Jonathan #6 Neely #7 Shawn Thornton ( not to be confused with Joe) #8 Milbury #9 Byers #10 Nilan #11 Chara (mainly based on size) #12 K. Crowder ( not to be confused with Bruce) #13 Stock #14 Brian Curran I think that covers the best ones not counting guys who only had a brief stay, Doug Doull , etc.  Maybe the order is not 100% , you can argue that , but you can't sue me.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Jay Miller is one of the best fighter I ever saw.

He beat many pretty toughs guys, like Dave Brown, Bob Probert.....his many fights against John Kordic made history.

He had the pugilist abilities, was throwing hard with both hands, was tireless etc.....

1) Jay Miller
    2) Lyndon Byers
    3) Stan Jonathan
    4)Terry O'reilly
    5) Wayne Cashman
    6) Milan Lucic
    7) Zdeno Chara
    8) Brian Curran
    9) Cam Neely
    10) PJ Stock

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I have been a fan for 35+ years. Lucic and his background in boxing might be the best.

Wensink, Jonathan,Miller, O'reilly, Neely, Cashman.. If you put Lucic against these guys, he would destroy them (maybe not Neely0. Don't get me wrong, O'reilly and gang had heart and threw a lot punches in a lot of scraps, but one knock-out punch by Lucic and those guys would be in the hospital with broken facial bones. But, Lucic is one big strong boy, unlike the 70's and 80's. Just look at the size difference.

Troy Crowder was the absolutely best fighter I have every seen in the NHL. He was an olympic silver medalist boxer and played for the Devils in teh 80's. Absolutely devastating fighter. Just as Probert among others. Crowder just wasn't around long enough to be recognized as a great fighter by most.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]I have been a fan for 35+ years. Lucic and his background in boxing might be the best. Wensink, Jonathan,Miller, O'reilly, Neely, Cashman.. If you put Lucic against these guys, he would destroy them (maybe not Neely0. Don't get me wrong, O'reilly and gang had heart and threw a lot punches in a lot of scraps, but one knock-out punch by Lucic and those guys would be in the hospital with broken facial bones. But, Lucic is one big strong boy, unlike the 70's and 80's. Just look at the size difference. Troy Crowder was the absolutely best fighter I have every seen in the NHL. He was an olympic silver medalist boxer and played for the Devils in teh 80's. Absolutely devastating fighter. Just as Probert among others. Crowder just wasn't around long enough to be recognized as a great fighter by most.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

Agreed On Crowder.. I have seen some interviews with former NHL pugilists that this guy was top 3 all time , Probert and Brown rounding up the top 2... go on Youtube and watch some of his fights with Probert, didn't lose any of them.. and he had quite a few..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]good list, but Milbury and Chow ?  did Chow ever win a fight ? Milbury was willing but not that effective...  In Response to Re: best fighters in bruins history :
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

Well, I am counting the shoe incident in N.Y.

O.K. maybe that's not fair , but Iron Mike was a tough kid, he couldn't skate much ,like his pal O'Reilly , but if we had a game coming up against the Broad street Bullies , you sure were glad to have Terry and Mike on your side watching your back. These two were short on natural talent but they were absolutely loaded with desire to win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]I have been a fan for 35+ years. Lucic and his background in boxing might be the best. Wensink, Jonathan,Miller, O'reilly, Neely, Cashman.. If you put Lucic against these guys, he would destroy them (maybe not Neely0. Don't get me wrong, O'reilly and gang had heart and threw a lot punches in a lot of scraps, but one knock-out punch by Lucic and those guys would be in the hospital
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

I think maybe you are strongly biased towards Lucic.

The tough guys in hockey today are nothing compared to Dave Hammer Schultz, John Kordic, Chris Nilan , Dave Brown, Tiger Williams, Probert that played in the days before the instigator rule.

O'Reilly, Neely, Wensink, Miller fought only the toughest goons and faired extremely well, on a nightly basis. Nowadays, if you have a dozen fights a year , you are considered a "fighter" in 1978 , that was a good week and a half for the toughest guys in the NHL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lots of tough kids on the lists, and a lot of guys who ate punches like Homer eats donuts.  Hard to say who the 'best' is but I can't think of anyone who consistently fought the toughest guys and won.  O'Reilly never stopped but he absorbed some beatings.  Neely was too valuable to go with Probert or Brown.  Jonathan was a ball of hate - liked seeing him go.  But nobody messed people up like Lucic messes them up.  He's just built to beat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Agreed Zill, no one admininistered a shoe beating like Mike: # 1 Footwear Fighter all time , IMO :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

he may not make many top 10 lists but pound to pound you have to throw robby dimiao in some of these lists....if you had to choose 2 of these guys against each other i think stock & jonathan would end in a bloodbath,couple lil pitbulls there (sorry if i offended anyone,just a figure of speech)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

I dont know as much about old timers in the 70s and what not, Im one of he younger guys on this board, But I've seen enough to know Shawn Thornton is the best Bruins fighter I've seen in a while.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

UR right Pucman, Dimaio was very capable - not a Jonathon or Stock, but could take care of himself against much larger opponents.... He fought Domi to a draw
    while with the Bs...

[QUOTE]he may not make many top 10 lists but pound to pound you have to throw robby dimiao in some of these lists....if you had to choose 2 of these guys against each other i think stock & jonathan would end in a bloodbath,couple lil pitbulls there (sorry if i offended anyone,just a figure of speech)
    Posted by pucman[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Stan Jonathan pound for pound the best fighter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Gordie Howe was as tough as they came and not too many fooled with him and "terrible Ted Lindsay" skating beside him didn't hurt. I don't know if he was the best but Stan Jonathon destroying Montreals tough guy Bouchard was my overall most gratifying fight. Jonathon, short, stocky, built like a fire hydrant bent and grabbed Bouchard by the ankles and with bull strength up ended his much bigger opponent. He was on top him in a heartbeat and pounded the living H... out of him! Next day pictures in the papers Bouchard with his blackeyes looked like a raccoon...GO BRUINS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennwisz. Show jennwisz's posts

Since I've been following the B's (11+ years...) I'd have to say Stock has been my favorite B's fighter. And, I know he wasn't the best, but how about Nasarov? I think he had a fight 4 seconds into a game once ?? And I believe Byron Dafoe had a couple of nasty fights as a Bruin as well!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouTexBruin. Show SouTexBruin's posts

I'll date myself - Leo Boivin for one - larger version of Stan Jonathan and nastier; Vic Stasiuk - good with his hands when he had to be and Eddy "the Entertainer" Shack - his fights with Larry Zeidel back in the mid 60's were classics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Yeah the fake Byron Dafoe fight whith his Best Friend Kolzig...that was a joke! I was going to mention Nazarov the dancing Russian Bear...he was awful! My top 3 favs would be in no particular order:

Neely
    Lucic
    Stock

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

how about kenny linesmen....he fought a wet paperbag once & almost won....but he ticked that paperbag off  lol  just kidding had to love that guy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Zdeno
    Stan Johnattan
    Milan Lucic
    Terry O<Reilly