Better chance of making the opening night roster....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Better chance of making the opening night roster....

...Vladimir Sobotka or Brad Marchand?

From Hockey's Future:

Sobotka

Talent Analysis

Vladimir Sobotka is on the small side, but plays much bigger than his size and isn't afraid of taking a hit to make a play. He drives hard to the net and will dig for the pucks in corners. He possesses soft hands and emerges as a smooth puck carrier. Sobotka is solid in the faceoff circle and gets the job done on both power play and penalty-killing units. He isn't afraid of playing in heavy traffic and shows remarkable poise once on a scoring chance. Sobotka possesses a heavy slap shot, which he unleashes regularly. A tenacious forechecker, he has good vision and hockey sense in his play which make him a good playmaker and smart passer.

Sobotka is very skilled, he is not afraid of the rough stuff but a player of his size needs to be visible every shift and work much harder than other players. On the downside, Sobotka could use more speed, he sometimes misses that extra gear. His stride needs some polishing in effectiveness and better acceleration.

Future

Sobotka possesses neither size nor elite skill, but he plays a strong all-around game, with an abrasive style and will be a player to watch as he begins the next phase of his career in North America.

Marchand

Talent Analysis

Marchand is a little spitfire who doesn't know the meaning of the word quit. An agitator in the corners, he likes to get his nose dirty and battles for the puck. He has some solid moves in the offensive zone, but occasionally gets himself into trouble by trying to get too fancy when a safe and simple play would do. A quick skater, he'll have to continue to overcome his slight stature for the rest of his career.

Future

Marchand has the skill to be a scoring line forward, however his size (or, lack thereof) will always be an issue.

---------------------------------------------

Two very (scouted) alike players. We've all seen Sobotka in action, anyone here catch alot of Providence games last year? How does Marchand stack up? If I remember correctly, he was one of the last cuts in camp last year. Can he be kept off the roster this year? Will he take "Sobotka's spot" with the big club, or be next in line in Vladi falters? Or does Brad need an extra year of seasoning in the minors?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Re: Better chance of making the opening night roster....

In Response to Better chance of making the opening night roster....:
    ...Vladimir Sobotka or Brad Marchand? From Hockey's Future : Sobotka Talent Analysis Vladimir Sobotka is on the small side, but plays much bigger than his size and isn't afraid of taking a hit to make a play. He drives hard to the net and will dig for the pucks in corners. He possesses soft hands and emerges as a smooth puck carrier. Sobotka is solid in the faceoff circle and gets the job done on both power play and penalty-killing units. He isn't afraid of playing in heavy traffic and shows remarkable poise once on a scoring chance. Sobotka possesses a heavy slap shot, which he unleashes regularly. A tenacious forechecker, he has good vision and hockey sense in his play which make him a good playmaker and smart passer. Sobotka is very skilled, he is not afraid of the rough stuff but a player of his size needs to be visible every shift and work much harder than other players. On the downside, Sobotka could use more speed, he sometimes misses that extra gear. His stride needs some polishing in effectiveness and better acceleration. Future Sobotka possesses neither size nor elite skill, but he plays a strong all-around game, with an abrasive style and will be a player to watch as he begins the next phase of his career in North America.   Marchand Talent Analysis Marchand is a little spitfire who doesn't know the meaning of the word quit. An agitator in the corners, he likes to get his nose dirty and battles for the puck. He has some solid moves in the offensive zone, but occasionally gets himself into trouble by trying to get too fancy when a safe and simple play would do. A quick skater, he'll have to continue to overcome his slight stature for the rest of his career. Future Marchand has the skill to be a scoring line forward, however his size (or, lack thereof) will always be an issue. --------------------------------------------- Two very (scouted) alike players. We've all seen Sobotka in action, anyone here catch alot of Providence games last year? How does Marchand stack up? If I remember correctly, he was one of the last cuts in camp last year. Can he be kept off the roster this year? Will he take "Sobotka's spot" with the big club, or be next in line in Vladi falters? Or does Brad need an extra year of seasoning in the minors?  
    Posted by Skaswatch

Thats a no-brainer bud: Vladimire Sobotka is an outstanding hockey player.

I love his passion and works like a horse out there. I have seen plenty of P-Bruins games and he is just flying all over the place. He has a heavy shot, he surprises a lot of goaltenders with his powerful shot. He fights for pucks and goes to the corners, very gritty and very smart player. He will eventually be a top-six forward in the NHL, all he needs is a chance and hopefully he gets that opportunity playing with Ryder & Wheeler for the first 15+ games in the absence of Krejci. I am confident that he will do well and help the team win. He is a two-way forward and thats an attribute the Bruins' organization love to see in their players. I am sure he is the next in line to take over Kobasew's spot if he indeed gets traded.

I like Marchand as well, reminds me of a Samsonov mixed with a Lucic hybrid. Has good skills and is very quick. He will get his chance eventually and will probably be the first to egt called up from Providence this season. To me Sobotka is the better all-around player and has NHL experience.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

Xenimus- I agree completly with both comments.

Sobotka def. earns a spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Sobotka

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nasty enough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxiBaHF3J-0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

No disrespect to Brad, but I'll be glad when it's Vlad.

Sobotka is a speedy, aggressive, viscious and skilled little bastich, and he saw some PK time here last year. That I think may be the difference maker with PJ, Yelle, and Krejci out of the picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r1WIyZ2fLA

Sobotka gets a shorty from Boychuck late in this video.

In Response to Better chance of making the opening night roster....:
    ...Vladimir Sobotka or Brad Marchand? From Hockey's Future : Sobotka Talent Analysis Vladimir Sobotka is on the small side, but plays much bigger than his size and isn't afraid of taking a hit to make a play. He drives hard to the net and will dig for the pucks in corners. He possesses soft hands and emerges as a smooth puck carrier. Sobotka is solid in the faceoff circle and gets the job done on both power play and penalty-killing units. He isn't afraid of playing in heavy traffic and shows remarkable poise once on a scoring chance. Sobotka possesses a heavy slap shot, which he unleashes regularly. A tenacious forechecker, he has good vision and hockey sense in his play which make him a good playmaker and smart passer. Sobotka is very skilled, he is not afraid of the rough stuff but a player of his size needs to be visible every shift and work much harder than other players. On the downside, Sobotka could use more speed, he sometimes misses that extra gear. His stride needs some polishing in effectiveness and better acceleration. Future Sobotka possesses neither size nor elite skill, but he plays a strong all-around game, with an abrasive style and will be a player to watch as he begins the next phase of his career in North America.   Marchand Talent Analysis Marchand is a little spitfire who doesn't know the meaning of the word quit. An agitator in the corners, he likes to get his nose dirty and battles for the puck. He has some solid moves in the offensive zone, but occasionally gets himself into trouble by trying to get too fancy when a safe and simple play would do. A quick skater, he'll have to continue to overcome his slight stature for the rest of his career. Future Marchand has the skill to be a scoring line forward, however his size (or, lack thereof) will always be an issue. --------------------------------------------- Two very (scouted) alike players. We've all seen Sobotka in action, anyone here catch alot of Providence games last year? How does Marchand stack up? If I remember correctly, he was one of the last cuts in camp last year. Can he be kept off the roster this year? Will he take "Sobotka's spot" with the big club, or be next in line in Vladi falters? Or does Brad need an extra year of seasoning in the minors?  
    Posted by Skaswatch

Sections
Shortcuts