Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from turk58. Show turk58's posts

Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's

I dont post very often, but I visit a lot of sports boards. One thing I am really getting tired of seeing on TSN and many other boards, are Scabs fans cheering for the B's. COME ON!!! Most of these pompous , arrogant Montreal fans like the Bruins as much as most of us like the Habs. They say things like "original 6 East Final", "wouldn't be the playoffs without the Bruins and the Habs". The only reason they want the B's to win is because they think if they beat Pit they will run over the B's based on their season record against us. I say Bring them on. You know the old saying "Be careful what you wish for"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Re: Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's

I would love to see the Habs in the Eastern final....another sweep by the Bruins would shut up a lot of people. Aim high!! I predict Ryder will kill them again and Rask will outplay Halak!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

It ain't going to happen. Pitt has NO holes and is not only better offensively, but defensively.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's:
    It ain't going to happen. Pitt has NO holes and is not only better offensively, but defensively.
    Posted by bluefox70

If Pitt has "NO" holes, then why is the series not over? Are they just playing possum and getting some practice games in?... NHL playoffs are a whole different animal, anyone can beat anyone. Who would of thought that Hall Gill of all people would be shutting down Crosby? Seriously, Pitt has a great team but as Montreal has proven, their not unbeatable. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

Pitt is very beatable. They have a good team but stop Crosby and they can be beat. Hal Gill is doing quite the job on Crosby in this series(no goals and  pretty much a non-factor). So I really like my chances with Big Z on the ice with Crosby.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's : If Pitt has "NO" holes, then why is the series not over? Are they just playing possum and getting some practice games in?... NHL playoffs are a whole different animal, anyone can beat anyone. Who would of thought that Hall Gill of all people would be shutting down Crosby? Seriously, Pitt has a great team but as Montreal has proven, their not unbeatable. 
    Posted by xenimus

Assuming that Pitt and Boston do play each other in the next round, I would think that CJ tries to shut down Crosby, as Mtl has been successful up to this point, and Detroit was last year in the Finals .... of course you could still lose employing such a strategy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yes Det lost last year with him shut down.

An important fact even though he is shut down on score sheet does not mean he is not in the game.

Against Pit, I do not see us getting away with the holding crosschecking interference that Mon has been able to get away with against Crosby.

Until 3rd last night Crosby had never had a shift without Gill's gloves or arms wrapped all around him, and when Gill was finally off the ice it was Subban all over him, how many cross checks he delivered to Crosby is uncountable, hopefully Syd has whiplash when they come to play the B's.

A 7 game series would be wonderful, would be nice to see Cooke and Lapierre kill each other or at least get lock jaw.

As for hab fans cheering for the B's, these trolls if they actually watch a game and see a real team playing will jump the 100 year Habs and cheer for The Real Men In Black.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to Re: Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's : If Pitt has "NO" holes, then why is the series not over? Are they just playing possum and getting some practice games in?... NHL playoffs are a whole different animal, anyone can beat anyone. Who would of thought that Hall Gill of all people would be shutting down Crosby? Seriously, Pitt has a great team but as Montreal has proven, their not unbeatable. 
    Posted by xenimus

Yes, Pitt is toying with them. Watch the games. They turn it on when needed and Halak stole two games.
    So, they are beatable, but 4 times in 7 games. Probably not by Boston, Philly or the Habs.

Lets be honest, us boston fans are cheering for the habs also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's : Yes, Pitt is toying with them. Watch the games. They turn it on when needed and Halak stole two games. So, they are beatable, but 4 times in 7 games. Probably not by Boston, Philly or the Habs. Lets be honest, us boston fans are cheering for the habs also.
    Posted by bluefox70

Not this Boston fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

I'm cheering for a dance with the Waddlers.

Some revenge for Savard, a few hits to Matt Cookie...

And some revenge for Satan in being disrespected by the Waddlers....

At 46, I've had my share of Bruins-Habs for now.

I want to knock off the reigning champs.

Go Broooons!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hab fans better cheer for themselves first the waddlers get two wacks at ending that series. It's going 7 games to be decided in OT Halak might steal it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's:
    I dont post very often, but I visit a lot of sports boards. One thing I am really getting tired of seeing on TSN and many other boards, are Scabs fans cheering for the B's. COME ON!!! Most of these pompous , arrogant Montreal fans like the Bruins as much as most of us like the Habs. They say things like "original 6 East Final", "wouldn't be the playoffs without the Bruins and the Habs". The only reason they want the B's to win is because they think if they beat Pit they will run over the B's based on their season record against us. I say Bring them on. You know the old saying "Be careful what you wish for"
    Posted by turk58

What a foolish post.

I'm rooting for the Bruins because I respect the franchise and can't stand the Flyers. Do I think Montreal could beat Boston if they get past the Pens? Of course...considering they'd have beaten Washington and the Pens for that to happen, it'd be stupid to think that beating the Bruins wasn't possible. Do I think that the Habs would certainly beat Boston? No...even with injuries, Boston's shown themselves to be a quality team in the post-season (as have the Habs).

Not that it matters until both teams actually win a 4th game against their respective opponents, of course.

By the way....the irony of you making this post and decrying Hab-fan arrogance is priceless. I love my comedy untentional, and you certainly delivered!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Living on the East Coast of Canada, I personally know quite a few Hab fans...  

Hab fans don't cheer for the Bs...

They generally just seem to hate the Bruins a little less than the Flyers...

I think that the Pens would be a better tune up for the SC Finals against the Hawks or Sharks...

Get ready for the Pens in the Eastern Conference Finals because I really cannot see Cinderella making it past midnight...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

"Aim high" ?

Aiming for the 8th place Hab Nots in the Eastern Conference Finals would be actually aiming low.

Would the Bruins beat the Habs alot easier than the Pens ?

Oh, Habs-olutely !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

BTW TSN is also part of CTVGlobeMedia, a part owner of the Habs...

As a Bruins' fan, I would be wary of anything that you read on one of their hockey boards...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

"Aim High" was in reference to a sweep in the next round...I really don't think the Bruins would sweep the Habs/Pens but in a perfect world Ryder, Rask and company would dominate either team!! (I only mention Ryder because he was soooo good against the Habs last year and Rask because he's Rask) I would hope that the TEAMS goal is to hoist the cup this year....like I said, AIM HIGH!!

In saying all of this...they need to get past Philly first so this thread is a bit premature.  Yes I am guilty of "premature speculation!!"  Hey, that could be a good new post!!??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from turk58. Show turk58's posts

. By the way....the irony of you making this post and decrying Hab-fan arrogance is priceless. I love my comedy untentional, and you certainly delivered!
    Psted by Kennedy97
    I must say you delivered also. If this post was so foolish, why did you respond? The intention of my post was to illicit responses such as your typical arrogant Hab fan crap. I think I hit a nerve here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

In Response to Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's:
    Posted by turk58

NO CHANCE HERE. I ABSOLUTELY DETEST THE HABS AND EVERYTHING THEY STAND FOR.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's : I must say you delivered also. If this post was so foolish, why did you respond? The intention of my post was to illicit responses such as your typical arrogant Hab fan crap. I think I hit a nerve here.
    Posted by turk58

I responded to point out the ridiculousness of your entire premise. Wasn't that clear?

But let me get this straight: the point of your original post....was to elicit responses that showed how ridiculous it was?

Mission accomplished, then! Cool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from turk58. Show turk58's posts

In Response to Re: Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's : I responded to point out the ridiculousness of your entire premise. Wasn't that clear? But let me get this straight: the point of your original post....was to elicit responses that showed how ridiculous it was? Mission accomplished, then!
    Posted by Kennedy97
    Pompous, arrogant. and now condesending. Typical.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

The reality is rather this.
    Since I come here I see the frustration of the Bruins fans against the Habs. Habs fans don`t have this same frustration against the Bruins. They don`t have any reason. On the contrary, for Habs, Boston have always been a team easy to beat. For them, beat the Bruins is written in the sky. It`s like their lucky rabbit`s foot.

Believe it or not!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from turk58. Show turk58's posts

The reality is rather this. Since I come here I see the frustration of the Bruins fans against the Habs. Habs fans don`t have this same frustration against the Bruins. They don`t have any reason. On the contrary, for Habs, Boston have always been a team easy to beat. For them, beat the Bruins is written in the sky. It`s like their lucky rabbit`s foot. Believe it or not!
    Posted by BlueChip99

HMMM.....Kinda proves my point don't you think?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

I don't care who we play, I'll just be happy when we make it to next round.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to Re: Beware of Habs Fans cheering for the B's : HMMM.....Kinda proves my point don't you think?
    Posted by turk58

Maybe, I don`t say you're wrong. Perhaps also the Bruins could win the series. I just said that with 24W vs 8L in playoff record. They like to see the Bruins.

One thing is for sure, somebody who does not recognize that Montreal is a great hockey town is ignoramus in hockey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

The reality is rather this. Since I come here I see the frustration of the Bruins fans against the Habs. Habs fans don`t have this same frustration against the Bruins. They don`t have any reason. On the contrary, for Habs, Boston have always been a team easy to beat. For them, beat the Bruins is written in the sky. It`s like their lucky rabbit`s foot. Believe it or not!
    Posted by BlueChip99

You mean like last year? Be careful Bluechip, hockey is a funny game, and just because the Canadians have found success in the past........doesn't mean it will happen again against the Bruins. And last year proved that nicely. I hope we get to meet Les Habitants in the next round.......I have a feeling it will be war, and we are coming with some pretty big boys to beat on your little forwards.

Sections
Shortcuts