Beware Tim Thomas next season.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goaler82. Show Goaler82's posts

Beware Tim Thomas next season.

TT has made a career of being under estimated. I think he will take the off season to get into insane physical shape and really push to get his #1 job back. I love Tuuka and I believe the #1 job is Tuuka's if he delivers during training camp but don't be surprised when TT shows up ready to challenge. Asssuming he hasn't been traded. I would like to see him stick around. Does anyone here remember Blaine Lacher????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Re: Beware Tim Thomas next season.

Why does anyone use Blaine Lacher as a comparison to Tuukka?  Lacher was an undrafted free agent signing.  Tuukka was a first round draft pick that had a very successful junior career.  Hell if you want a guy that may be comparable, use Jim Carey.  He was drafted 32nd overall so at least there's something there. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

TT will do very well in Dallas

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Dallas has already signed Lehtonen to a 3 year extension.  I don't think they're in the market for a goalie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

TT will do very well in Detroit or San Jose

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Beware Tim Thomas next season.:
    Why does anyone use Blaine Lacher as a comparison to Tuukka?  Lacher was an undrafted free agent signing.  Tuukka was a first round draft pick that had a very successful junior career.  Hell if you want a guy that may be comparable, use Jim Carey.  He was drafted 32nd overall so at least there's something there. 
    Posted by Raskman

Rask didn't play Jr. He played in the Ivory Elite league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Beware Tim Thomas next season. : Rask didn't play Jr. He played in the Ivory Elite league.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Voted Top Goaltender in the World Junior Hockey Championship.  I think that's playing junior hockey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I love Rask, but this playoffs showed he wasn't ready to take them all the way. TT should have been in there for Game 5 or 6 or even 7. There is no shame to anyone in having TT play. Too bad they didn't.

I would not trade TT until Rask has shown the highest level of play for an extended period. Like 2 or 3 years. What if Rask isn't all we think he will be. Then what? Goaltending is like pitching, you can never have enough quality pitching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

tt wont serve as a backup another yr either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

those who say T should have played this playoff are under the illusion that he would have played well...That's a laugh, he $ucked all season so he would play well after not being in a game for over a month? please. If it is true that he will play much better next year I say he is one of the players that need to go, fast. He needs something other than winning the cup to get him playing great????? See-ya!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

He didn't Suk all season Sparky you're just a Rask boyfriend who thinks he does no wrong! Unless you're head is buried further up the unknown then previously thought. Rask certainly proved he's not all what you think he is..YET! Which is exactly the reason until he can prove he's the 2nd coming as you so claim he is. I think TT won't be going anywhere! Wake up! And just admit that your boyfriend fell & fell hard in the Philly series! TT may not have played well if brought in. However, he certainly would not have done any worse than Rask! It's your hatred for TT that blinds you! TT has been thrown to wolves more often than not & keeps coming back better & stronger. So, for you to be under "under the illusion" that he would not have is the bigger laugh here....SEE-YA!
    Btw- Make sure to let us all know when you're going to get down on your knee to propose, or will you be getting on BOTH knees?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Beware Tim Thomas next season. : Voted Top Goaltender in the World Junior Hockey Championship.  I think that's playing junior hockey.
    Posted by Raskman

That's not a career in JR. It's a couple of WC's there's a huge difference!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Beware Tim Thomas next season.:
    TT has made a career of being under estimated. I think he will take the off season to get into insane physical shape and really push to get his #1 job back. I love Tuuka and I believe the #1 job is Tuuka's if he delivers during training camp but don't be surprised when TT shows up ready to challenge. Asssuming he hasn't been traded. I would like to see him stick around. Does anyone here remember Blaine Lacher????
    Posted by Goaler82

To answer your question politely. Yes I remember Blaine Lacher. Regardless whether he was drafted or not. I think he's a great comparison. He came in @ the beginning of the short 95 season, put up great reg season numbers. He beat Philly 4-1 in the season opener with Cam getting a hat trick against Garth Snow. He wasn't terrible in the play-offs, but he wasn't the same goalie as during the regular season. In 96 he completely lost it & the B's were forced to bring Ranford back. The B's had Jon Casey in 94 & Harry decided to let him walk after having a not a spectaular season, but a decent one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

nitemare who are you kiding? TT is the only goalie in the league with that flip-flop style. He did it well enough last season with a great "D" in front to get him a vezina. But, that style is not used by every other goalie in the league, why do you think that is? Yes I think Rask is the real deal and if the B's had not given up on the series it would not have made Rask or the rest of them look as bad as they did. And until the B's get a different goaltender in the mix I would MUCH rather have a kid that has so far only shown a taste of what he can bring. Where is TT has shown all he has and it has not been enough (remember last 2 playoffs?). Who says that TT will be any better than he was last year? You say he didn't $uck? The B's would not have made the playoff at the pace they were on with him in net. How do you argue that? It's no guarantee that TT will play great next year and it's no guarantee that Rask will either. Which would you hang your hat on? An ageing TT with a big contract that has never gone deep in the playoffs? Or a young, cheap rookie, with tons of upside, that went as far as your ageing veteran did, in his first NHL playoffs? Not to mention a little extra $ to spend on a scorer is needed by moving TT. TT has never shown a consistancy throughout his career. That is why he "always made a career of being underestimated". 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

nitemare who are you kiding? TT is the only goalie in the league with that flip-flop style. He did it well enough last season with a great "D" in front to get him a vezina. But, that style is not used by every other goalie in the league, why do you think that is? Yes I think Rask is the real deal and if the B's had not given up on the series it would not have made Rask or the rest of them look as bad as they did. And until the B's get a different goaltender in the mix I would MUCH rather have a kid that has so far only shown a taste of what he can bring. Where is TT has shown all he has and it has not been enough (remember last 2 playoffs?). Who says that TT will be any better than he was last year? You say he didn't $uck? The B's would not have made the playoff at the pace they were on with him in net. How do you argue that? It's no guarantee that TT will play great next year and it's no guarantee that Rask will either. Which would you hang your hat on? An ageing TT with a big contract that has never gone deep in the playoffs? Or a young, cheap rookie, with tons of upside, that went as far as your ageing veteran did, in his first NHL playoffs? Not to mention a little extra $ to spend on a scorer is needed by moving TT. TT has never shown a consistancy throughout his career. That is why he "always made a career of being underestimated". 
    Posted by sparky1313

You're TT hatred blinds you Sparky, if all you see is a flip, flop style you're just a blind idiot & with you're responses like these you show your lack of hockey knowledge. For you to try & excuse Rask's performance in the Philly series & say it was the team that let him down is down right lunacy ! I never said Rask isn't the real deal here. I'm just not so quick to hand over my favourite team to a 23 yr old, who hasn't won a dam thing & who TOTALLY fell apart in his first play-off! And even if he got as far as TT. He still never put up the numbers TT has in the play-offs. TT never lost after having a 2 goal lead in a play-off game, let alone 3 & has never blown a 3 game series lead. So your boyfriend isn't all you claim him to be yet! Next season will be Timmy Time again! SEEEE YAAAA!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

TT has never blown anything?? (except you) Try game 7 last year against who? Oh yeah the Hurricanes? wow, and you see him as a savior.And has lost twice with more than a 2 goal lead. Check your history before you spout off with those well versed comments. Not hand over you fav team to a 23 year old? How old do you think half the team is? rask has not won a darn thing because he's a rookie. TT has had plenty of chances to prove he can take the team all the way and always has shown he can't. So, it's time to move on. Oh that sound? It's mommy calling you upstairs for cookies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

TT has never blown anything?? (except you) Try game 7 last year against who? Oh yeah the Hurricanes? wow, and you see him as a savior.And has lost twice with more than a 2 goal lead. Check your history before you spout off with those well versed comments. Not hand over you fav team to a 23 year old? How old do you think half the team is? rask has not won a darn thing because he's a rookie. TT has had plenty of chances to prove he can take the team all the way and always has shown he can't. So, it's time to move on. Oh that sound? It's mommy calling you upstairs for cookies.
    Posted by sparky1313

He's never blown a 2 goal lead in the play-offs you moron!! What goalie hasn't done it in the regular season! Are you really that big of an idiot! I know he'a rookie which is exactly my point! He hasn't won anything, but your ready to hand over the whole franchise to him! At least TT has a Vezina, 2 all-star game appearances & the BEST PLAY-OFF STATS of any Bruin goaltender in the history of the franchise! Until Rask can show me he can play more than 50 games in a season & not blow 3-0 series leads, 2 & 3 goal leads in games in the play-offs. I want TT to stay exactly where he is!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Beware Tim Thomas next season. : He's never blown a 2 goal lead in the play-offs you moron!! What goalie hasn't done it in the regular season! Are you really that big of an idiot! I know he'a rookie which is exactly my point! He hasn't won anything, but your ready to hand over the whole franchise to him! At least TT has a Vezina, 2 all-star game appearances & the BEST PLAY-OFF STATS of any Bruin goaltender in the history of the franchise! Until Rask can show me he can play more than 50 games in a season & not blow 3-0 series leads, 2 & 3 goal leads in games in the play-offs. I want TT to stay exactly where he is!
    Posted by nitemare-38

BTW- If your argument is to say that TT did blow a 2-0 lead in a game in the play-offs? Which one? He's only played in 18 play-off games! Which one Sparky? And if you're lucky to find one? Tell me how many series TT lost when the B's were ahead by 2 games in a series? Rask has only played in 11 play-off games & has not only blown 2 goal leads, 3 goal leads & 3 games to 0 series leads, but he blown a 2 goal lead twice in the same series! And yet you & your Rask boyfriends wanna say "Here you go kid, the franchise is all yours!" You're giving this guy Brodeur status & it's ridiculous!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

woah therenitemare. (now I see where your name comes from) I think tommorrow you should try decaf.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

@SanDog,

I'd love it if Detroit could get Thomas and waive Ozzie. They lost a solid goalie in Daniel Larsson, who signed a 2 year deal with HV-71 in the SEL. They need another goalie in the mix who is capable of playing in the NHL. A tandem of Howie and Thomas in Detroit with Ozzie in Grand Rapids would provide good depth for the Wings. I just don't see Detroit investing 5M a season in a goalie. They'll find a Sabourin type for 500K - 800K in case something happens with Jimmy or Ozzie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

TT gives a lot of us heart attacks with his out of control style. But you cant argue with the success he has when he's able to reign it in. Hasek had the same problems and was too erratic until he learned to have more control. He didn't have much success until then. When he struggled was when he lost focus and got loose again. (No, I'm not comparing Thomas to Hasek, just the similar styles) I believe TT will be back with a vengeance next season. But if PC can get a good return and TT is willing to waive his NTC then I'd say fine, go for it. The cap space would be nice to have. But the B's still need to have a strong backup/1A to pair with Rask. Tuukka's future is extremely bright but he has some issues to work on before he can be "the guy". Personally, I'd play them both initially and let them settle who the #1 is on the ice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

woah therenitemare. (now I see where your name comes from) I think tommorrow you should try decaf.
    Posted by sparky1313

And I think you should try breathing real air instead of crack!I notice how you backed off when it came down to providing facts little boy! TT NEVER blundered in the post season like your boy did!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

TT gives a lot of us heart attacks with his out of control style. But you cant argue with the success he has when he's able to reign it in. Hasek had the same problems and was too erratic until he learned to have more control. He didn't have much success until then. When he struggled was when he lost focus and got loose again. (No, I'm not comparing Thomas to Hasek, just the similar styles) I believe TT will be back with a vengeance next season. But if PC can get a good return and TT is willing to waive his NTC then I'd say fine, go for it. The cap space would be nice to have. But the B's still need to have a strong backup/1A to pair with Rask. Tuukka's future is extremely bright but he has some issues to work on before he can be "the guy". Personally, I'd play them both initially and let them settle who the #1 is on the ice.
    Posted by BruWingFan

OMG! How refreshing to have someone with some patience & intelligence on here! Thank you BruWing!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Great...hip surgery, he's all done. Now we have a 5mil. dollar anchor. Now if rask gets hurt they have to play the flopper. I hope Burke needs goaltending. He's the only fool that would want an underacheiver like TT.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Beware Tim Thomas next season.:
    Posted by Goaler82

People talk as if the bolded is something he should be commended for. Tim Thomas makes 5 million per for the next 3 yrs. He "SHOULD" show up ready to challendge for the # 1 job.He "SHOULD" take the offseasonto get into insane physical shape considering the Bs have invested so much money into him & the fact that he is 36 yrs old.

Thomas was terrible after Christmas this season & hasn't lived up to his end of the bargain for that contract so far. Fact is the Bruins gave him every opportunity to hold his # 1 job & he failed. He is not the underdog here anymore. Underdog's don't get paid 20 million for a 4 yr contract. Rask was the underdog last season & stole the job away. IMO the Bs gave Thomas to much rope & almost missed the playoffs because of it.

I refuse to give Thomas credit for working real hard in the offseason to get into shape. Getting in shape is the least we should expect from a guy who collected 5 million dollars opening a bench door for the majority of the last 3 months of the season. His down year also hurts the Bruins this season as his struggles allowed Rask to attain his bonuses that will go against the Bruins cap this season.