Big Splash for the Bruins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Big Splash for the Bruins?

Why not turn a couple assets into a prolific scorer

here is what i am thinking...Kessel is a true sniper, but Boston fans and management cant seem to warm up to him because of his lack of  physical presence...so why not shop him to the other 29 teams who would love to have him...here are 3 possible trades that i would love to see happen, and yes i know the teams would want to see a sign and trade for it to happen

To Boston: Iyla Kovalchuk, Jordan Lavalle

To Atlanta: Phil Kessel, Marc Stuart, Vladimir Sabotka

Reason: Atlanta gets some young depth and a potential game breaker in Kessel, also reunites the Stuart brothers. Boston gets a dominant scorer in Kovalchuk who has that needed grit the Bruins require, and a young guy who has good size

To Boston: Sheldon Souray, Rob Schremp

To Edmonton: Phill Kessel, Vladimir Sabotka, Justin Penner

Reason: Boston gets their puck moving defensemen that they needed, also a well rounded player in Schremp. Edmonton needs some scoring punch and Kessel will be just what the doctor ordered

To Boston: Dustin Brown, Brian Boyle

To Los Angeles: Phil Kessel, Vladimir Sabotka

Reason: LA has trouble convincing free agents to sign with them, so most players need to be attained through the draft or by trades, kessel would look great with that young core they have there. Boston would get a player that would become a cult hero like Lucic is, also has enough talent to put around 25 goals a year in the net. Boyle has not lived up to expectations in LA, maybe a change of scenarie would work on his behalf...familiar with the Boston area

some of these might be pipe dreams, but the last thing i want to see is the Bruins get nothing for their young talent

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Re: Big Splash for the Bruins?

NO NO NO  do not trade Mark Stuart!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

I like your first trade suggestion. Kovalchuk is a big time game breaker and certainly worth the money. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when I watched the Carolina series, Kessel was not strong on the puck and when he was rushing up ice, he always seemed to lose control of the puck and when he would enter the other team's zone, he would always try to shoot the puck through the defenseman which almost always gets blocked.

Acquiring Kovalchuk would reunite him with Savard.  Trade Kessel, Stuart and Sturm for Kovalchuk. It probably would take more than that to get him, but darn, I would love to get him on the Bs. Maybe I am just dreaming.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

[QUOTE]I like your first trade suggestion. Kovalchuk is a big time game breaker and certainly worth the money. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when I watched the Carolina series, Kessel was not strong on the puck and when he was rushing up ice, he always seemed to lose control of the puck and when he would enter the other team's zone, he would always try to shoot the puck through the defenseman which almost always gets blocked. Acquiring Kovalchuk would reunite him with Savard.  Trade Kessel, Stuart and Sturm for Kovalchuk. It probably would take more than that to get him, but darn, I would love to get him on the Bs. Maybe I am just dreaming.
    Posted by Bruinsfanforever[/QUOTE]

Isn't that a little much for Kovalchuk ?

I thought some of the samethings watching Kessel against Carolina, but he was playing injured ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Kovulchuk is the best shooter, and possibly the best goal scorer in the NHL, I would love to have him on the Bruins, but he is going to be expensive. I wouldn't want to trade a defensemen, I would think maybe Colbourne, Kessel, and either a first or sobotka for Kovulchuk, but you would have to get Sturm to waive his no trade, which would be very tough, especially if he is going to Atlanta, maybe you could trade sturm for picks and then send those to Atlanta.
    Then you would be looking at Kovulchuk Savard Wheeler (he should be a RW anyhow) Lucic Krejci Ryder, Kobasew Bergeron Recchi, Bitz Sobotka Thornton.
    Cap hit - 30.5-32 mill depending on the contracts of krejci and Bitz
    defense Chara Wideman Ward Ference Stuart Hunwick
    cap hit - 18 mil
    goaltending - Thomas, Rask
    cap hit - 6.85 million
    total cap hit about 55-57 million, before signing an extra forward and an extra d man, something would have to go

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

I still say LeCavalier or bust!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joekool. Show joekool's posts

kovalchuck would be great here, id almost feel guilty watching kessel go to atlanta though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]I still say LeCavalier or bust!
    Posted by brandonboys1[/QUOTE]

To acquire LeCavalier would doom the Bruins to about 8 years of failure. What GMs are looking for is "good contracts," so, a Marc Savard for 5 million is much better than LeCavalier for 10. Furthermore the guy only had 67 points this year in 77 games. I know he is a big guy, and there is more to his game than just scoring, but if you are getting 10 million a year and signed through 2020, you should sure as sh*t lead your team in scoring. The bruins are so deep down the middle that trading for Vinny would be a disastrous mistake. Hope the Habs do it though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I am with ClamMan do not trade Mark Stuart. Young, Mean, Nasty Great Hitter. Bs Need tough young Defensemen like him that every once in a while drop the gloves!

LeCavalier can go to Montreal and carry that laime torch! His cap hit would mean we would need to move even more people to get him. He has not performed well recently.

The first trade scenario would be great! Kovalchuk has some got mad sniper skills! and yes back with Savard again would be Sick! I still say PC is going to do something big on Draft Day and I think he almost has to to free up some cap space!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

it would be interesting to look at trading sturm and kessel for draft picks and prospects, freeing up cap room, and maybe signing Marian Hossa. Hossa is big, fast, and a great scorer who plays a phenomenal two way game. He is best friends with Chara, and at one poit was on a line with Savard. This way, we get a similar player, signed longer and draft picks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddeniro. Show ddeniro's posts

Something tells, we will get next to nothing for Kessell. I may be a typical Boston fan, but we have not done well in these situations before.

DDeniro

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nmiller3. Show nmiller3's posts

i would jump for joy if dustin brown came to the bruins. It would have to be for the right price and i doubt LA would ever trade their captain. the dude is a beast and is only going to get better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

[QUOTE]Why not turn a couple assets into a prolific scorer here is what i am thinking...Kessel is a true sniper, but Boston fans and management cant seem to warm up to him because of his lack of  physical presence...so why not shop him to the other 29 teams who would love to have him...here are 3 possible trades that i would love to see happen, and yes i know the teams would want to see a sign and trade for it to happen To Boston: Iyla Kovalchuk, Jordan Lavalle To Atlanta: Phil Kessel, Marc Stuart, Vladimir Sabotka Reason: Atlanta gets some young depth and a potential game breaker in Kessel, also reunites the Stuart brothers. Boston gets a dominant scorer in Kovalchuk who has that needed grit the Bruins require, and a young guy who has good size To Boston: Sheldon Souray, Rob Schremp To Edmonton: Phill Kessel, Vladimir Sabotka, Justin Penner Reason: Boston gets their puck moving defensemen that they needed, also a well rounded player in Schremp. Edmonton needs some scoring punch and Kessel will be just what the doctor ordered To Boston: Dustin Brown, Brian Boyle To Los Angeles: Phil Kessel, Vladimir Sabotka Reason: LA has trouble convincing free agents to sign with them, so most players need to be attained through the draft or by trades, kessel would look great with that young core they have there. Boston would get a player that would become a cult hero like Lucic is, also has enough talent to put around 25 goals a year in the net. Boyle has not lived up to expectations in LA, maybe a change of scenarie would work on his behalf...familiar with the Boston area some of these might be pipe dreams, but the last thing i want to see is the Bruins get nothing for their young talent
    Posted by DarrenRyan9[/QUOTE]

tell you what dude...i live in Edmonton...and that  scenario will not go down and the biggest laugh to you post....you called Schremp a "well rounded" player....you obviously just said that to make yourself sound knowledgeable....robbie schremp needs a lot of defensive work...his consistency is not there yet and he is clearly not ready for prime time....if you have a love for schremp...you can have him...give the oil a 4th rounder.Kiss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I played against Jordan Lavelle two weeks ago in a men's league game.

he had like 7 points or something.
    obvously, a 6'3 kid on the opposing team wearing all atlanta thrashers equiptment and scoring amazing goals will make you google him :)

But while he certainly had a good season for the Quebec Ramparts, he isn't a top prospect. from what i read. (although he is a fighter who can score and would fit the Bruin mold)

But honestly, The OP deal is wayyyy lopsided. you are grossly over-paying for Kovalchuk and an obscure NHL longshot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Kessel scored 33 goals while missing about a month, and taking a week or two to get back in form.  Had he been healthy, he would have  been a 40 goal scorer, pushing 50, plus playoffs.  You don't just trade talent like that unless you are getting top of the line return, which except in the Kovalchuk trade, where we give up a 40 goal scorer, top defensive prospect, and good 3rd-4th line center, the value isn't enough.  Keep Phil Kessel.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

The Big Spalsh coming from the Bruins will be Peter Chiarelli throwing Kessel or Savard off the Bruins ship in the next month or so

Sections
Shortcuts