Big trade coming? But who goes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Big trade coming? But who goes?

PC is most likely going to make a trade for a scoring winger or trade players to make room to sign a scoring winger.  Regardless of his approach, he has to trade big dollars. So who has any value that PC could even consider trading?

He can't trade Savard obviously b/c of his 7 year extension or Lucic b/c of his extension. He won't trade Krejci b/c he is very high on him or he would have let him go last year to keep Kessel.  Ryder won't get traded b/c he's...well...Ryder...He might get bought out but that won't open enough space for anyone great.  Sturm - obviously can't b/c of injury.
    TT won't be traded b/c of his contract and the overflowing goalie market this summer. 

So we are left with 1 one of following 3 guys as a potential goner: Keep in mind I don't want to trade these guys (yes, even Wideman) but let's be realistic, no one else is going anywhere.

1. Bergeron - His cap hit is huge for a guy being under utilized as a '3rd liner' and is only being considered here by default b/c Savard and Krejci as here to stay.

2. Wideman - The only reason he is on the list is b/c he regained his game in the playoffs and led the team in scoring.  He MIGHT have some trade value now.

3. Chara - It never even crossed my mind about trading Chara but his trade value is most likely VERY HIGH.  His cap hit is 7.5 and that money have bring back Stuart and Boychuck along with plenty of wiggle room. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Big trade coming? But who goes?

If they trade Chara, they have to get a #1 defenseman in return.  That doesn't really do much to help the scoring problem.  Beyond that, I don't know of any #1 defensemen who are available.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Trading Chara is not a good idea.

re-sign him imo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Chara, Savard, and Thomas all have NTCs for next season (see CapGeek.com) .... Focus your energies on others.

Sturm does too, but he'll not be wanted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bergeron just might be that player I believe it has to be done before July 1st because a NTC kicks in for his last year. If PC does pull the trigger he'd better get someone who can replace Patrice and what he does.

If PC trades Chara it will not be until the deadline and he would only do it if the Bruins pull another 09-10 offensive tank. In both cases I don't think either player is worth a raise if they are extended.

Draft day will be interesting Wideman will be shopped doubt if any GM would want that head case so a pick might have to accompany Dennis. Hunwick will be gone but 1.4Mil isn't going to help Chiarelli's cap woes but he'll use that money to sign Boychuk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Thomas would waive his no trade is start for another team....Don't trade Wideman, trade Ference and Chara...get cap space and find some SCORING!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes?:
    assuming that Thomas would waive his NTC, i'm wondering if we could swap him for another bad contract, could be one of those deals where one team says "well, we have a guy we are unfortunately paying 5 mill to play the wing and hes not doing much, we have no need for him, if you give us a little something extra we'll swap bad contracts," Thomas and hunwick for Gagne? Philly could make a great case for moving him, despite his good playoff....not saying it will happen but ideas are ideas
    Posted by pbergeron37

I would welcome a Gagne for Thomas swap but it just won't happen.  There are way to many  RFA and UFA goalies this summer.  In Phily's case, if they need to unload a forward they will be able to fetch a better deal for either Gagne, Carter, or even Briere the way he's played in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

assuming that Thomas would waive his NTC, i'm wondering if we could swap him for another bad contract, could be one of those deals where one team says "well, we have a guy we are unfortunately paying 5 mill to play the wing and hes not doing much, we have no need for him, if you give us a little something extra we'll swap bad contracts," Thomas and hunwick for Gagne? Philly could make a great case for moving him, despite his good playoff....not saying it will happen but ideas are ideas
    Posted by pbergeron37

That's probably a good trade for both teams. TT may possibly waive his NTC, but would Gagne waive his NTC also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

If they trade Chara, they have to get a #1 defenseman in return.  That doesn't really do much to help the scoring problem.  Beyond that, I don't know of any #1 defensemen who are available.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I think if they trade Chara they would have to become more of a defensive committee and have 4  guys that would be considered #2 or #3 guys.  That being said, you are right, they still would need another (puck moving) Dman to fill the gap.  They wouldn't be able to go with Seids, Wides, Ference, Hunwick, Stuart, Boychuck as a top 6.  Which means more trades...ugh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

How can you justify trading Bergeron (The second highest paid forward on the team) when your 3rd highest paid forward on the team is Ryder (tied with Looch)...Although there is $1.75 million difference Bergeron brings a lot more to the table and if you can unload Ryders salary you can pick up a good winger....Buying him out wouldn't be a bad option either and would open up a good amount of $$$.
    Posted by rockett7

If Ryder was tradeable then obviously he would get traded and would have been traded when he was publicly on the market.  I think I mentioned Ryder likely being bought out as well. 

I am trying to look at this as possible things that could happen this summer.  I am not looking at things that I know don't have a snowballs chance in hell of happening.  Would I like to see Ryder, Wideman, and Thomas traded for Ovechkin? Duh...but there is no chance of it happening so why even bring it up?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Wideman will be traded-- and they will get some value in return.

Thomas will be traded if he is willing to waive his NTC.  My guess is San Jose, St Louis or Tampa Bay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

There will be no big trade. Chiarelli will not be able to work out a deal to flip picks with Edmonton. He will not trade with Florida to get the Panthers' No. 3 pick, nor will he be able to trade picks and/or players to get a pick before the Bruins' own first pick. We are all going to be as disappointed at draft day as we were at the trade deadline. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I was actually happy with what was done, or more accurately, not done at the trade deadline.
    I was really worried Chiarelli would throw away a bunch of draft picks for a rental type player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There will be no big trade. Chiarelli will not be able to work out a deal to flip picks with Edmonton. He will not trade with Florida to get the Panthers' No. 3 pick, nor will he be able to trade picks and/or players to get a pick before the Bruins' own first pick. We are all going to be as disappointed at draft day as we were at the trade deadline. 
    Posted by felixwas

I couldn't wait for the trade deadline to come...and go.  I was petrified that Chiarelli was going to do something so shortsighted and foolish.

I was thrilled they escaped with all first round picks intact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

both Bergeron & Chara should be extened July 1st.

in my opinion, none of the big contracts are movable, and I dont see a big trade down the road, unless you consider trading Hunwick or Wheeler's rights being a big trade.  Looking at his history, Chiarelli does not make impact trades.

I can see the Bruins trying to move up from #15, dont know if he has the stones to pay the price to move up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes? : I couldn't wait for the trade deadline to come...and go.  I was petrified that Chiarelli was going to do something so shortsighted and foolish. I was thrilled they escaped with all first round picks intact.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I said at the time, if we resign Seidenberg after this year, he played it perfectly...If not , Bitz and a 2nd round pick is a lot to give up for just a rental....

Not only did we resign Seidenberg, we got him at a good price (IMO).  NO QUALMS w Chiarelli's deadline moves.  People wanted us to trade picks/prospects for a decent winger, but really how much better than Satan would that winger have really been?  I think going the route of Satan and not parting with anything else (after all we did give up Bitz and a 2nd) was the wise move....The year before that he brought in Recchi for Nokelanen.  Even if you're not a Recchi fan, you still have to appreciate the "for Nokelanen" part of that sentence.  IIRC, Nokie has already been re-shipped.

I dont see any truth to the "PC botches trade deadlines" rumors

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes? : I said at the time, if we resign Seidenberg after this year, he played it perfectly...If not , Bitz and a 2nd round pick is a lot to give up for just a rental.... Not only did we resign Seidenberg, we got him at a good price (IMO).  NO QUALMS w Chiarelli's deadline moves.  People wanted us to trade picks/prospects for a decent winger, but really how much better than Satan would that winger have really been?  I think going the route of Satan and not parting with anything else (after all we did give up Bitz and a 2nd) was the wise move....The year before that he brought in Recchi for Nokelanen.  Even if you're not a Recchi fan, you still have to appreciate the "for Nokelanen" part of that sentence.  IIRC, Nokie has already been re-shipped. I dont see any truth to the "PC botches trade deadlines" rumors
    Posted by Drewski5

Nokelainen was traded for Montador, who left via free agency.

Lashoff and Karsums went to TB for Recchi and a second round pick (part of the trade with Florida for Seidenberg). 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes? : Nokelainen was traded for Montador, who left via free agency. Lashoff and Karsums went to TB for Recchi and a second round pick (part of the trade with Florida for Seidenberg). 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Semantics. So it was a D man who had stopped getting better and an undersized minor league forward as opposed to a center w limited upside, the point remains we didnt give up much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes? : Semantics. So it was a D man who had stopped getting better and an undersized minor league forward as opposed to a center w limited upside, the point remains we didnt give up much.
    Posted by Drewski5

It's not semantics.  It's factual.  No reason to be wrong with the internet at your fingertips.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

personally i dont think any big moves are coming...d is set assuming 45-55 get signed we will have 7 regulars....up front is basically set   17-91-hall-seguin    26-46-73    28-37-16 (16 out to nov..so someone will move up until then)  22-60- then the battle for final roster spot will be decided in camp unless bs sign cheap vet.....thats how i see the lineup and im ok with that... these 3 lines will do lots of damage if healthy...because top d pair and checking line can only go against 1 line...thus giving other 2 lines alot more space...see 2 seasons ago basically same lineup and bs ended up 2nd overall in goals scored...to many injuries last yr...plain and simple....rookies caron colbourne hamill etc will all start in ptown until injury comes up..i dont expect any to have a camp impact that would get them into this lineup...26-73 are not going anywhere and depsite what u may think are  better players today then caron, colbourne or anyone else in the system..that could change in time but not now...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Draft day will be interesting Wideman will be shopped doubt if any GM would want that head case so a pick might have to accompany Dennis. 
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Not sure if this was a joke, but this is very wrong. D-Wide will have a lot of suitors.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

personally i dont think any big moves are coming...d is set assuming 45-55 get signed we will have 7 regulars....up front is basically set   17-91-hall-seguin    26-46-73    28-37-16 (16 out to nov..so someone will move up until then)  22-60- then the battle for final roster spot will be decided in camp unless bs sign cheap vet.....thats how i see the lineup and im ok with that... these 3 lines will do lots of damage if healthy...because top d pair and checking line can only go against 1 line...thus giving other 2 lines alot more space...see 2 seasons ago basically same lineup and bs ended up 2nd overall in goals scored...to many injuries last yr...plain and simple....rookies caron colbourne hamill etc will all start in ptown until injury comes up..i dont expect any to have a camp impact that would get them into this lineup...26-73 are not going anywhere and depsite what u may think are  better players today then caron, colbourne or anyone else in the system..that could change in time but not now...
    Posted by bruins8

this is dead on, in my opinion. i have a strong feeling, though, that one of our prospects will push someone who was currently in the lineup to the side.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Though I agree trading chara is not in the best interest of the team, lots of teams do not operate with a solid number #1 D-man, and while both chicago and Philly do have that guy, a lot of teams made it pretty far with out one.. The bruins have a fairly solid D and coule probably get by with a high end (though not top tier d man) if they spent the money accordingly on a scoring winger..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Regardless of whether or not the line up we had this year would be just fine next year or not, the Bruins CAN't afford the same line up and re-sign these guys because of the cap! I know PC hasn't made any huge trades but in order to be able to have 20 guys in the line up, there has to be movement.  Why can't you guys understand this????

Murray's buy out saves 1.4 million
    Savard's cap cut saves 900 k

Lucic's raise adds 3.2 million
    Seids raise adds   1 million
    Ference's raise adds 800 k
    Thornton's raise adds 300 k

So there's an extra 3 million on the cap just by extending 5 players.  They still have to sign Wheeler, Recchi, Stuart, Boychuck, Sobotka, Hall/Seguin and add one or two more rookie cap hits to that for the team similar to the team we had this year.  So how can that be managed with the cap realistically? If I am missing something please correct me???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes? : Though I agree trading chara is not in the best interest of the team, lots of teams do not operate with a solid number #1 D-man, and while both chicago and Philly do have that guy, a lot of teams made it pretty far with out one.. The bruins have a fairly solid D and coule probably get by with a high end (though not top tier d man) if they spent the money accordingly on a scoring winger..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I don't want to see the Bruins make it pretty far.  I want to see them win the Cup.

2010:  Keith or Pronger

2009:  Gonchar

2008:  Lidstrom

2007:  Niedermayer

2006:  Carolina didn't really have one

2004:  Kubina

If the B's trade Chara and don't get a #1 defenseman in return, you'll see Seidenberg and Wideman playing the most minutes.  Does that sound like a good idea?