Big trade coming? But who goes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Big trade coming? But who goes?

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes?:
    Wheeler was drafted 5th overall (but ranked 19th ish) by the COYOTES.  He didn't come to terms with them becoming a UFA.  The COYOTES was furious about it.  He has never even played in the AHL.  He went the college route. 
    Posted by derrickmorin

That will change this year.  Do I really have to defend my stance that I dont want wheeler back?  The dude is not good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I certainly do not, I think if he comes in at 1.5m per for 2 you keep him, but he is currently a 3rd line winger in my book...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes? : guess not.  as rollerhocky pts out, thats still a red flag though. Do you consider wheeler a must keep?
    Posted by Drewski5

I don't think anyone on the team must be kept.  I would prefer to see Wheeler signed to a two year deal in the $2M range.  While he has his on ice problems, he's only played two NHL seasons and a little maturity goes a long way.  He can score.  His sophomore slump season only set him back three goals and some assists, but the whole team stunk out the joint almost nightly, so that seems almost like a step forward.

I'm not a big Wheeler fan, or a fan at all, but I think he might be able to turn into a decent second line player.  The question is whether or not the B's have the patience to wait for that to happen or if they'll jettison him before he really gets going.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I wasn't saying I want him back. I don't to be honest.  But Drew, come on, get your facts straight before posting stupidity.  You said he was with the BLUES and unwanted.  That was way off.  That's why we jumped on you about Wheeler. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes? : I don't think anyone on the team must be kept.  I would prefer to see Wheeler signed to a two year deal in the $2M range.  While he has his on ice problems, he's only played two NHL seasons and a little maturity goes a long way.  He can score.  His sophomore slump season only set him back three goals and some assists, but the whole team stunk out the joint almost nightly, so that seems almost like a step forward. I'm not a big Wheeler fan, or a fan at all, but I think he might be able to turn into a decent second line player.  The question is whether or not the B's have the patience to wait for that to happen or if they'll jettison him before he really gets going.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

At 1M / yr for 2 yrs , I wouldnt be opposed to bringing him back.  But to be honest, he goes on line 4 and is told that he's going to have to "play his way off of it"

I dont like putting him on the third line because, its just such a waste of Krejci.  You know Ryder is goign to be on line 3.  Can we get our boy at least ONE DECENT WINGER.  At least ONE winger who plays w heart. 

I guess im trying to say: Krejci deserves better than Ryder and Wheels.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I wasn't saying I want him back. I don't to be honest.  But Drew, come on, get your facts straight before posting stupidity.  You said he was with the BLUES and unwanted.  That was way off.  That's why we jumped on you about Wheeler. 
    Posted by derrickmorin

I dont know what you do all day, but I exclusively post from work.  Ive been on the forums a lot today, but still managed to get work done.  I just dont have the time to research every fact.  Its also pointless because I know that people will correct me if im wrong over a minute detail.

My main point was that Wheels arrived here in suspicious fashion, and its easy to see why.  When I said the Blues, I actually said Blues (?) asking for confirmation.  I misremembered that he was a UFA (I must have been confused because of how young he was).  I apologize for that error.

My main point though was : if we dont have room for Wheels, he's not good enough to warrant "making room" for wheels.

2M / 2 yrs , Ill do.  But he plays opposite Thornton on line 4.  Id rather try Marchand on line 3 w krejci and ryder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes? : It's not semantics.  It's factual.  No reason to be wrong with the internet at your fingertips.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You both are correct.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes? : Six years ago, when Tampa won the Cup, Kubina was certainly a #1 defenseman.  Two years ago, when Pittsburgh won the Cup, Gonchar was certainly a #1 defenseman.  I think we have a different definition of "#1 defenseman".  To me, it's the guy who plays the most minutes and has the biggest impact, a top tier defenseman who can control a game and shutdown the opposition.  He can play in all situations.  If you wish to acquire a player like that, you are surely going to have a large salary to pay.  $5M+ is a lot of money. Take a closer look at Duncan Keith's contract.  He's making $24M over the next three years.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Then how would you define a number #1 defenseman?  Although I agree if the Bs trade a Chara and young defenseman needs to come back or at least a high draft pick so the Bs can pick a defenseman.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes? : Did you really just grab a few words without reading the entire sentence and respond to that??  I said they have 4 million to sign Wheeler, Boychuck OR Stuart, and actually another forward to make a full squad.  That would be pretty difficult to do.   I never said they would need 4 million to sign Stuart??? Wheeler will be in the AHL??? You are joking right?  He may not be a Bruin though.
    Posted by derrickmorin

Totally agree especially Stuart whose demands are going to be in the Seidenberg parameters.  Not enough cap room spells trade!  Too many to sign and not enough cash.   Agreed with Bookboy that Stuart, Wheeler, and Hunwick are not in the larger picture like 2010-11 season. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Big trade coming? But who goes? : Not sure if this was a joke, but this is very wrong. D-Wide will have a lot of suitors. Posted by dc-bruins-fan

It wasn't a joke DWIDES was shopped last winter and there were no takers. You might be right though with his playoff performance he looked like the Dennis of the first 2/3 of the 08-09 season +32 with 50 points.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

I can't believe I'm saying this, but of the three guys, trade Wideman (but be sure to keep Boychuk and Stuart).  Wideman is a solid player, and I like having him on the team, however, if someone out of Chara, Berg, or Wideman have to go....  I say Wideman.

Sections
Shortcuts