Biggest Bruins Busts In Recent Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

Biggest Bruins Busts In Recent Year

Who has been the biggest bust in Bruin land in recent years

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkaainNet. Show TuukkaainNet's posts

Re: Biggest Bruins Busts In Recent Year

Zhamnov without a doubt!

What a total panic/waste of cash move by MOC

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest Bruins Busts In Recent Year:
    [QUOTE]Zhamnov without a doubt! What a total panic/waste of cash move by MOC
    Posted by TuukkaainNet[/QUOTE]Good call. Zhamnov made Kevin Steven's & Marty LaPointe's deals look like bargains. At least they played.  Alexei robbed the Bruin's blind.

Pistol Peter Schaeffer was another. Not Chia-pets finest hour.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Zhamnov, Joe Thorton, Marty Lapointe

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Zhamnov by far...I think they still have a cap hit for him!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Zhamnov by far...I think they still have a cap hit for him!
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

NO they don't

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklynBruin1965. Show BrooklynBruin1965's posts

[QUOTE]Zhamnov, Joe Thorton, Marty Lapointe
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

I really dont think thornton was a bust...maybe a dissapointment that he left, maybe he thought the grass was greener!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat63. Show gymrat63's posts

[QUOTE]Zhamnov, Joe Thorton, Marty Lapointe
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Yeah ok... Joe Thornton?

He was only the NHL MVP... Scoring champ...

won 3 playoff rounds since in SJ

Boston has won 1 playoff round against an 8 seed tomato can lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklynBruin1965. Show BrooklynBruin1965's posts

How bout this enormous waste!!  Tim Thomas was supposed to back HIM up??......Hanu Toivanen..he was tremendous....tremendousely BAD!!. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

You have RYDER on the list??????  Your top 4!!!!  Have you watched hockey before this year???  How far back are we going to still be recent?? There are too many to list but I would have to go with Joe Thorton as the biggest BRUIN BUST!!!  He was supposed to be the franchise player to lead us to the promised land and he was a dud!!!  Still is a dud in the playoffs for San Jose...plays too soft for a big man which is so sad.  I am looking at Bust in relation to Expectation...Ryder was expected to score 30 goals last year, he did that and was a monster against the Habs in the playoffs!! I don't understand how he could even be in the top 100 Bruins busts. I'll concur on Zhamnov but again, Murry should not be there , he gave us some great seasons!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

ANDREW RAYCROFT ANYONE??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Glen Murray was a great Bruin in his prime, and the 700 lb Gorilla line of Thornton-Murray-Knuble was our best line in the past 40 years.  No one could stop them.  If the opposing defense cleared the zone, they just stormed right back in.  They were so strong and so good.....Murray had a zinger shot and Thornton those precise feeds....plus Knuble crashing the front of the net creating chaos. 

In those days Murray was full of speed and hustle.  He gave us some great moments.  For anyone to suggest he was a "bust" just shows their own stupidity and lack of historical hockey knowledge.  It angers me.

Now Zhamnov-- that's another story.  He was lazy lazy lazy and any qualified managed should have seen that before hiring him.  Truly a bust.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

(1)Boschenski
    (2)Sergei Samsonov
    (3)Zhamanov
    (4) Boyton
    (5) Sturm,Stuart,Primeau for Thornton

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

[QUOTE]You have RYDER on the list??????  Your top 4!!!!  Have you watched hockey before this year???  How far back are we going to still be recent?? There are too many to list but I would have to go with Joe Thorton as the biggest BRUIN BUST!!!  He was supposed to be the franchise player to lead us to the promised land and he was a dud!!!  Still is a dud in the playoffs for San Jose...plays too soft for a big man which is so sad.  I am looking at Bust in relation to Expectation...Ryder was expected to score 30 goals last year, he did that and was a monster against the Habs in the playoffs!! I don't understand how he could even be in the top 100 Bruins busts. I'll concur on Zhamnov but again, Murry should not be there , he gave us some great seasons!!! 
    Posted by scottm50[/QUOTE]

Okay biggest busts making big money. How's that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Chara at his salary hasn't been living up to expectations for me.  He was great last year but this season seems to be playing too soft...must be something to do with the "C" in Boston!!!  I still vote for Thorton as he was the franchise player who ended up doing NOTHING in BOSTON.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Zhamnov should be 1, 2, and 3 on that list. How many games did he play with Boston? 10?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Biggest Bruins Busts In Recent Year:
    [QUOTE]Who has been the biggest bust in Bruin land in recent years
    Posted by epavao[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's either epavao, imafan or coachparker.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

brad palmer! after zamanov

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

What about Kevin Stevens from Pittsburg? They watched him score with Mario and thought he could play, what a bust!
    Also i agree Martin Lapointe, brutal at 5Mill per

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklynBruin1965. Show BrooklynBruin1965's posts

Will the Bruins regain their form when Lucic & Savy return?

Hello All Bruin fans, we are in somewhat of a funk, Its too early to panic at least our goalies are keeping us in the games. Do you think we can get back to our 2008-2009 season form when Lucic & Savy return, will Sturm, Wheeler, & Krejci be complemented by these returning players. Do you think we need another goal scorer, if so who? & who will we give up to get that goal scorer!

The Brooklyn Bruin

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Biggest Bruins Busts In Recent Year:
    [QUOTE]Who has been the biggest bust in Bruin land in recent years
    Posted by epavao[/QUOTE]

Ok, we get it.  You hate Sturm.  What I want to know is: why?  Do you have something against German people in general, or is it just him?  Maybe you lost a bet to him?  Seriously, why do you hate Sturm that much.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]Why is Ryder on the list? Blane Lacher, Jim Carey, Andrew Raycroft, just to name a few goalies. What about Hal Girl and Nick Boynton. I could keep going. Just not Ryder man.
    Posted by BeantownBDH[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Gil, but Boynton?  That guy was a good player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Zhamnov without a doubt and keep the russians away from our team !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Marty Lapointe ! He has never been the player who was expected  and won a lot of money for not much !

Sections
Shortcuts