Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick?

In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick?:
    I think the 15 and 32 pick is good but columbus is not going to take a player like wheeler. A realistic trade would be krejci, 15th, 32nd think about it. If you had the 4th pick would you want a player like wheeler?
    Posted by Nashoba33

That would not be a realistic trade by any means. Krejci is an incredibly talented forward who's still very young and is continuing to develop as a two-way forwards with excellent offensive skills. He started off slow this season, but caught fire after the Olympics and finished with above a point a game pace to finish the season.

He's our most valuable piece, besides Rask and the #2 overall. I think you could do Krejci for the #4, given his success and youth. Columbus might want something else, if Chiarelli were to ever consider the trade (which I doubt he would).

Krejci will become the #1 center within the next 3 years, he's got the talent and Savard is aging. Savard, when healthy, is still an elite offensive talent, but his skills are going to slightly decline while Krejci's grows, and you always put your best player forward. I think we should focus Hall or Seguin to play on Krejci's line, giving them time to develop chemistry.

Savard would be great with either of them as well, but when Krejci develops chemistry with a player it elevates his game to another level.

As optimistic as I am about moving up, I don't see us moving up 10 spots with one trade. I think it's more likely that we first trade up to Atlanta at 8 or Minnesota at 9, and trade up from there. The problem we're facing is that Florida, Columbus and the Islanders have the ideal spots for us to trade up to, but are in dire need for guys like Fowler, Gormley and Gudbranson. We're going to have to give them something really good if we want to get one of those picks. Whoever wants Gudbranson may "settle" for Forbort or Merill if they get a pick slotted to where they'd be drafted. They're similar defenseman, both big, physical defenseman with underrated offensive talents. That may be our best bet to trade up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick? : That would not be a realistic trade by any means. Krejci is an incredibly talented forward who's still very young and is continuing to develop as a two-way forwards with excellent offensive skills. He started off slow this season, but caught fire after the Olympics and finished with above a point a game pace to finish the season. He's our most valuable piece, besides Rask and the #2 overall. I think you could do Krejci for the #4, given his success and youth. Columbus might want something else, if Chiarelli were to ever consider the trade (which I doubt he would). Krejci will become the #1 center within the next 3 years, he's got the talent and Savard is aging. Savard, when healthy, is still an elite offensive talent, but his skills are going to slightly decline while Krejci's grows, and you always put your best player forward. I think we should focus Hall or Seguin to play on Krejci's line, giving them time to develop chemistry. Savard would be great with either of them as well, but when Krejci develops chemistry with a player it elevates his game to another level. As optimistic as I am about moving up, I don't see us moving up 10 spots with one trade. I think it's more likely that we first trade up to Atlanta at 8 or Minnesota at 9, and trade up from there. The problem we're facing is that Florida, Columbus and the Islanders have the ideal spots for us to trade up to, but are in dire need for guys like Fowler, Gormley and Gudbranson. We're going to have to give them something really good if we want to get one of those picks. Whoever wants Gudbranson may "settle" for Forbort or Merill if they get a pick slotted to where they'd be drafted. They're similar defenseman, both big, physical defenseman with underrated offensive talents. That may be our best bet to trade up.
    Posted by joeschmo25

Completely agree.

While everyone is Savard-crazy, it's Krejci that is going to be the #1 center in the future.  There isn't much chance the B's can make one trade without overpaying to move into the top five.  The teams with those picks are in desperate need of legit help. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Something is going to have to give with the centers. I like the idea of Bergeron, Wheeler and a pick for the fourth or third overall and a roster player. Bergy has been great to watch and a true warrior, but with Seguin coming and Krejci already here ... just too much depth at center.

Here's a thought: why not shift Bergy to wing? Didn't he play LW early in his career?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Something is going to have to give with the centers. I like the idea of Bergeron, Wheeler and a pick for the fourth or third overall and a roster player. Bergy has been great to watch and a true warrior, but with Seguin coming and Krejci already here ... just too much depth at center. Here's a thought: why not shift Bergy to wing? Didn't he play LW early in his career?
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory

What if Seguin is a bust? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Get back to work Not-a-shot. If Seguin is a bust, then nearly every conversation on this board is moot. Chiarelli and Julien get fired, Bergy is long gone by then (he's an UFA after this year), Savard is nearly finished with his contract and ... we're all back to hoping some other high school kid changes the face of our beloved Bruins.

What happens if Seguin is a bust? Ask Jamarcus Russell's old employers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick? : I'm not saying that he can't be traded for a pick because he won a gold medal.  I'm saying that if you're good enough to make Team Canada for the Olympics, you are worth a heck of a lot more than a #4 draft pick. You don't trade a world class player (talk about his point production all you want, Team Canada players are world class) for the #4 pick in any draft. Maybe, in a hype year like this, you trade someone like him for the #1 or #2, but that's an isolated example.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You have to give something to get something. I love Bergeron too, but if we pick up Seguin and Fowler/Gudbranson you are looking at two Studs. One up front and one at the back. These players are also NHL ready. So look at it this way...It's a risk/reward situation. Bergeron is one hit away from drooling in his cornflakes for the rest of his life and we could lose him anyways. Having Seguin replace him is not a bad deal. Then we have a stud on defence like say Fowler who is projected as a franchise defenceman. So Boston has two franchise players who make an immediate impact on the team. In 2011 Boston makes another stride towards the cup and in 2012 we are all high fiving and getting absolutely shitefaced in the streets of Boston as Lord Stanley finally makes an appearance in Beantown. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Trading Wheeler would be the biggest mistake in the BRUINS history ....this kid will be a mega Star in the NHL for the next 10 years ...in the next 10 years he will score a minimum of 300 goals ...with peak as hight as 45 goals ...a big physical power forward that all NHL general managers would love to have on their roster ....will you please stop suggesting that the BRUINS would even think of trading Blake Wheeler .....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH Wheeler is not for trade ....not even one on one against Crosby .....the only 2 players I would accept in return Wheeler are Ovi or Getzlaf .....thats it thats all STOP IT PLEASE 
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011
    Wheeler for Ovechkin?!! Please go take your meds!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

This draft seems different than the ill-fated 1997 draft. If the Bruins can sneak into slots 3-5, that gives us a leg up for a legit. stud defenseman and a cornerstone forward. Throw in a strong supporting cast and I am definitely drinking the cool-aid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Trading Wheeler would be the biggest mistake in the BRUINS history ....this kid will be a mega Star in the NHL for the next 10 years ...in the next 10 years he will score a minimum of 300 goals ...with peak as hight as 45 goals ...a big physical power forward that all NHL general managers would love to have on their roster ....will you please stop suggesting that the BRUINS would even think of trading Blake Wheeler .....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH Wheeler is not for trade ....not even one on one against Crosby .....the only 2 players I would accept in return Wheeler are Ovi or Getzlaf .....thats it thats all STOP IT PLEASE 
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

ENOUGH Wheeler is not for trade ....not even one on one against Crosby ....

WOW! I missed that part. So now you wouldn't trade Wheeler for Crosby?! Just how retarded are you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

While it would devastate us if Seguin was a bust, it would hardly be Chiarelli's head on the cutting board. It would be more on Julien and the rest of the coaching staff. Chiarelli's going to draft the best player available at the 2nd overall, and you can't ask for any more. Trading up to the #1 adds so much more risk to the deal, not only by what you give up in the process but the added risk that's placed on the player from a fanbase that expects the moon. As great as Hall or Seguin can be, it's on the team/management/fans to not breathe down his neck for every little thing. That kind of pressure capsizes a player, if you don't believe me see the reference to Patrick Stefan and Alexandre Daigle. The good thing about the draft in the past 5-6 years is that there have been a very minimal amount of busts, specifically in the top 2. The 3rd, 4th and 5th picks aren't as strong, but are still extremely solid. 

Sections
Shortcuts