bleepin marchie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

bleepin marchie

Brad Marchand took Dennis Seidenberg out at the knees. Seidenberg got up and gave Marchand a two-handed whack in the back of the legs with his stick, drawing a two minute penalty. If that happened sometime after October, you’d say that Marchand performed his job perfectly. But chances are B’s management and coaching staff didn’t want to see him do that to their No. 2 defenseman, just signed over the summer to a four-year deal.
    “The knee’s a little sore, but we’ll see,” said a smiling Seidenberg, who was walking fine afterward. “Bleepin’ Marchie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNationNorth. Show BruinsNationNorth's posts

Re: bleepin marchie

In Response to bleepin marchie:
    [QUOTE] Brad Marchand took Dennis Seidenberg out at the knees. Seidenberg got up and gave Marchand a two-handed whack in the back of the legs with his stick, drawing a two minute penalty. If that happened sometime after October, you’d say that Marchand performed his job perfectly. But chances are B’s management and coaching staff didn’t want to see him do that to their No. 2 defenseman, just signed over the summer to a four-year deal. “The knee’s a little sore, but we’ll see,” said a smiling Seidenberg, who was walking fine afterward. “Bleepin’ Marchie.
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr[/QUOTE]

LOL and I like Seidenberg's veteran response too: "He Knows" what he did wrong. Too funny, Marchand won't make any friends at camp acting like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Sounds like you're more upset than Seidenberg. It happens. Marchand learned a lesson. Move on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hard to have a real opinion on this without seeing it.  Marchand's got to be looking around and thinking there are at least three or four rooks in that camp who have more talent who will make a push for the big club. Odds are slim that he's a scoring forward given the group of prospects - so he has to think about how he gets noticed, how he makes an impact.

Here's what he did: He drew a two minute penalty.  He showed he isn't deferring to the veterans, even the guys with big tickets.  He's playing his game all the time.  He's not there to make friends.  Frankly, league history is full of stories about guys who didn't make friends when they were trying to make their first big-league paycheque.  Gary Roberts pulled a Wensink on his own bench as a rook in camp.  Called the whole team out.  Tim Hunter jumped over the boards and Roberts didn't back down an inch.  On the other hand, apparently Avery walked into the Wings locker room and announced that the "A-Dog had arrived" earning him the nickname "the puppy" from the vets.

I don't want to see Seidenberg injured.  But I also don't want the Bruins to act like ushers the Boston Pops during what should be the most competitive camp the team has seen in aeons.  And no, '97 and '05 don't count.  Competing to be on a team with little real talent isn't really competing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

i dont like the fact that he couldve injured our #2 d-man.

But he is a good agitator in the making...theres always room for someone who can draw penalties.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Marchand's got to be looking around and thinking there are at least three or four rooks in that camp who have more talent who will make a push for the big club."

Well put as Brad is way down the depth chart with another year in Providence staring him in the face. If it were a dirty hit taking out the knees the coaches need to say something or even a couple days off for the young chirper but as mentioned I didn't see the hit.

Last thing the Bruins need is another injury to one of their starters because a player whom at best is a 3rd or 4th liner in the AHL made a run at your #2 Dman. That stuff usually gets taken care of in the locker room.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

//Midway through the second period, Brad Marchand upset defenseman Dennis Seidenberg with a low-bridge hit at the White blue line. Seidenberg responded with a two-handed slash across the back of Marchand's legs, drawing the only penalty on the play.

"I saw him coming, but I was expecting him to hit me up here, and instead he went for my knees," said Seidenberg. "I got a little annoyed that a guy in practice would come that low, but he knows. He apologized. We're all good."

At least they were after Seidenberg delivered his reminder with a little lumber. "I should have hit him harder," said Seidenberg, smiling.//

http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/assist-from-tyler-seguin-big-hit-from-blake-wheeler-highlight-bruins-intrasquad-scrimmage.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It may be practice but it is never pretend.

If you are not playing like it means something you don't deserve to be there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Marchand's hit were deemed intentional or knocked Seidenberg out for the season Brad he would have had to be cut or on a bus to Reading, Pa.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

In Response to Re: bleepin marchie:
    [QUOTE]"Marchand's got to be looking around and thinking there are at least three or four rooks in that camp who have more talent who will make a push for the big club." Well put as Brad is way down the depth chart with another year in Providence staring him in the face. If it were a dirty hit taking out the knees the coaches need to say something or even a couple days off for the young chirper but as mentioned I didn't see the hit. Last thing the Bruins need is another injury to one of their starters because a player whom at best is a 3rd or 4th liner in the AHL made a run at your #2 Dman. That stuff usually gets taken care of in the locker room.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Don't want Sieds hurt, but to set it straight, Marchand was Providence's leading scorer last year, not a 3rd or 4th liner

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

marchand's game is agitation, but, as noted, should not be an injury-potential hit when in training camp. Seid's expected to get hit, but not on the knees. Marchand , like everyone else can see the potential talent that are bigger, just as fast or faster,and he is playing hard. IMO he will not have his spot handed to him. With Julien's comments on Hamill's steady improvement[ won't NAS be suprised] plus the LoVecchio,Arniel and other improving players, the B's may not need Marchand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

March, either play him or trade him, he is NHL ready now and he has talent, he has big game talent, if not going to use him at least get a draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: bleepin marchie:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bleepin marchie : Don't want Sieds hurt, but to set it straight, Marchand was Providence's leading scorer last year, not a 3rd or 4th liner Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

That was last year with Caron, Colborne and Sauve pushing Big Bs forwards for ice time Marchand has dropped on the depth chart and will not lead the P Bruins in scoring this year. I do see him on the 3rd line down there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

No way is he on third line in Prov, his stock is worth more than that.

Sections
Shortcuts