BLOWOUT LOSS! JACOBS TRIPLED HIS TICKET PRICES FOR THIS GARBAGE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueDragon67. Show BlueDragon67's posts

Re: BLOWOUT LOSS! JACOBS TRIPLED HIS TICKET PRICES FOR THIS GARBAGE!

wow those prices are astronomical. How does 1 playoff round win against an #8 seed justify this?

No wonder the building wasn't sold out last night

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

My tickets only Doubled.

Still, its not looking like a great time to jack prices.

Tickets in the Secondary market are selling for a FRACTION of face.And there were many hundreds of no shows and unsold seats last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Oh, but to hear it from some of the brilliant hockey minds that populate this forum the '09-10 Bruins are on the cusp of winning the Cup! The rest of us are just haters! We don't know hockey! How dare we question management?

So just hang in there, keep lining JJ's pockets with your hard-earned dollars, and wait for the excuses (it's Thomas' fault...that's my favorite new one...next it'll be the Zamboni driver) from those who keep enabling this pathetic franchise year after year after Cup-less year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

They're spending right at the Cap.

So its not the "expense" side that I question. They couldn't spend 5% more even if they wanted to,

Its the "revenue"  side I have a problem with, Because they can't get a good TV deal other than Versus---WE get fleeced with ridiculous ticket price increases.

n Response to Re: BLOWOUT LOSS! JACOBS TRIPLED HIS TICKET PRICES FOR THIS GARBAGE!:
    [QUOTE]Oh, but to hear it from some of the brilliant hockey minds that populate this forum the '09-10 Bruins are on the cusp of winning the Cup! The rest of us are just haters! We don't know hockey! How dare we question management? So just hang in there, keep lining JJ's pockets with your hard-earned dollars, and wait for the excuses (it's Thomas' fault...that's my favorite new one...next it'll be the Zamboni driver) from those who keep enabling this pathetic franchise year after year after Cup-less year.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I agree. Those ticket prices are way too high. When games arent getting sold out something is wrong. They wont with the performance they put in last night. Youre all right. Last season does not justifiy that substantial amount of an increase in ticket prices.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

How far do you want the cap to fall?  The Bruins and other teams that are doing well are carrying the burden of generating revenue so that the cap does not continue to fall.  It is simple people, if you don't like the prices don't go.  The days of $10 tickets are over, the P-Bruins don't even have $10 tickets.  They have $26 lower level, and $18 upper level.  Those of you that got $10 seats last year should feel fortunate, you can't even go to a movie for $10 anymore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dds4. Show dds4's posts

NHL Team by Team Average Prices.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/06/victoria-cup-match-a-barn-burner-in-zurich/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Not sure what to believe?  Check out his article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Boston-Bruins-ticket-holders-learn-the-cost-of-t?urn=nhl,185963

Copy and paste it if the link is not working?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWOUT LOSS! JACOBS TRIPLED HIS TICKET PRICES FOR THIS GARBAGE!:
    [QUOTE]Not sure what to believe?  Check out his article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Boston-Bruins-ticket-holders-learn-the-cost-of-t?urn=nhl,185963
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Interesting article.  So... lack of prolongued support for the team is the cause of the steep increase?  That's what I got out of it at least.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

DrCC-  The way I see it, the Bruins rewarded the fans that were fans before everyone started to jump on the bandwagon again.  If you renewed your seats on time, in most cases you paid exactly the same as last year.  If you wanted to jump on the bandwagon this year, you are to pay more then the fans that have been supporting the Bruins for years.  Seems pretty fair to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

The post listing average NHL prices is EXTREMELY deceptive.

Thats because EXISTING Season Ticket Holders got a 1-year break from the doubling and tripling of tickets by renewing last spring. NEW season ticket holders are paying the new full freight.

So MOST of the seats that are priced are artificially LOW THIS SEASON ONLY.

Bruins tickets, adjusted for the NEW PRICES are right near the top of the League.

And rising faster than anyone

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davids508. Show Davids508's posts

I've said it on this site before,and i'll say it again.This team is too small,meek,and generally uninspired.Zdeno and the 7 Dwarfs put the fear of God into absolutely nobody.By the way did anybody see any Bruin throw one hard bodycheck last night?? Whats up with that? How can this team come out on home ice and not hit,skate,or generally do anything the way a Cup contender should do.Total lack of intensity.........Anybody got Stan Jonathan's phone number??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: BLOWOUT LOSS! JACOBS TRIPLED HIS TICKET PRICES FOR THIS GARBAGE!:
    [QUOTE]The post listing average NHL prices is EXTREMELY deceptive. Thats because EXISTING Season Ticket Holders got a 1-year break from the doubling and tripling of tickets by renewing last spring. NEW season ticket holders are paying the new full freight. So MOST of the seats that are priced are artificially LOW THIS SEASON ONLY. Bruins tickets, adjusted for the NEW PRICES are right near the top of the League. And rising faster than anyone
    Posted by BrainDoctorDanny[/QUOTE]

Who says that the prices for season ticket holders is for this season only?  What is wrong with NEW season ticket holders paying the full freight? Shouldn't the faithful be rewarded?  If you bought your house in 1987 for $150,000.00 and your neighbor bought the house next to you today for $500,000.00, your mortgage will be significantly less then your neighbors and rightfully so.  Not sure if this is a good example or not, but I am sure everyone will let me know if it isn't.  Just a thought I had.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]DrCC-  The way I see it, the Bruins rewarded the fans that were fans before everyone started to jump on the bandwagon again.  If you renewed your seats on time, in most cases you paid exactly the same as last year.  If you wanted to jump on the bandwagon this year, you are to pay more then the fans that have been supporting the Bruins for years.  Seems pretty fair to me.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Bad wording on my part.  I didn't mean prolonged support on an individual level - as you say the existing season ticket holders were given the chance for a break.
    What I meant is that the article seemed to imply that if the Bruins consistently ran at say 90% capacity, ticket prices would be stable (at a middle/middle-high rate) rather than sky-rocketing when the team plays well and plummeting when they are bad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gkbruins. Show gkbruins's posts

[QUOTE]How far do you want the cap to fall?  The Bruins and other teams that are doing well are carrying the burden of generating revenue so that the cap does not continue to fall.  It is simple people, if you don't like the prices don't go.  The days of $10 tickets are over, the P-Bruins don't even have $10 tickets.  They have $26 lower level, and $18 upper level.  Those of you that got $10 seats last year should feel fortunate, you can't even go to a movie for $10 anymore.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gkbruins. Show gkbruins's posts

[QUOTE]How far do you want the cap to fall?  The Bruins and other teams that are doing well are carrying the burden of generating revenue so that the cap does not continue to fall.  It is simple people, if you don't like the prices don't go.  The days of $10 tickets are over, the P-Bruins don't even have $10 tickets.  They have $26 lower level, and $18 upper level.  Those of you that got $10 seats last year should feel fortunate, you can't even go to a movie for $10 anymore.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

My tickets went from $67 per seat to $97 per seat.  I think most would agree that bowing out in the second round doesn't justify that kind of price increase. Typical for this franchise...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]How much are the beers now? I need to know how much to drink before the game.......
    Posted by nashville0303[/QUOTE]
    If they keep playing like they did last night, you should probably drink enough to acquire a pretty good set of beer goggles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWOUT LOSS! JACOBS TRIPLED HIS TICKET PRICES FOR THIS GARBAGE! : My tickets went from $67 per seat to $97 per seat.  I think most would agree that bowing out in the second round doesn't justify that kind of price increase. Typical for this franchise...
    Posted by gkbruins[/QUOTE]

When did you renew your season tickets? Before March 18, 2009 or after?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

Beer is $8.  And they're small cups.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWOUT LOSS! JACOBS TRIPLED HIS TICKET PRICES FOR THIS GARBAGE! : If they keep playing like they did last night, you should probably drink enough to acquire a pretty good set of beer goggles.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Forget the BEER, if that play continues we will need to have shots of moonshine!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HatChoo. Show HatChoo's posts

Well, that's how Charlie Jacobs can afford the HUGHE 2.175 Mil SINGLE FAMILY IN BROOKLINE-- all paid in CASH NO MORTGAGE!! IN CASH GUYS--IN CASH!!! with 8000 Sq.Ft. 5 Bedrooms 4.1 Baths and 1.5 Acres. His Bentley also looks really nice when he brings it to the game sometimes. WE ALL FANS HAVE SOME % OF OWNERSHIP IN THOSE FORTUNES!!!! SINCE WE HELP THEM PAID OFF IN CASH. This doesn't sound right to me...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Quite predictable - a couple of bad losses and the sky is falling. And prices are too high.

There's a simple solution: Don't follow the Bruins. Problem solved.

I must admit, people getting apoplectic over the fact that a rich person owns a sports team is pretty darn funny, though. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nipasan. Show Nipasan's posts

In Response to BLOWOUT LOSS! JACOBS TRIPLED HIS TICKET PRICES FOR THIS GARBAGE!:
    Makes you sick to your stomach, doesn't it...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

They also switched from 14oz cups to 12oz cups right when the playoffs began, without making a sign or changing the prices! Jacobs is the modern day snakeoil salesman